LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Back to BASIC...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If Kap is having mental issues, changing up a lot of stuff might be hard for him at this point....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by vermonator:
Seems to me that the game plan never changes, even if it isn't working. Maybe I'm missing something, but Harbaugh and Roman don't make adjustments in games, at least ones that work and are apparent. The best coaches know when to throw the original game plan out the window if it's not working, but Harbaugh seems to want to go down with the ship regardless.

One disturbing example.... When the game was delayed, the media coverage said the Seahawks were studying pictures and listening to coaches, the Niners? listening to their I-pods...

So, either they don't know how to make adjustments or just don't. Your thoughts...

really ?
Originally posted by jreff22:
If Kap is having mental issues, changing up a lot of stuff might be hard for him at this point....

"mental issues"? please explain.

this
This tactic was used to simplify things for Alex. He's given two plays at the line, and can only pick between those two depending on the coverage.

With Kaepernick that's no longer needed because he's in full command of the offense and can change plays at the line like elite QBs can. It's a work in progress and it'll get better as the season progresses.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by verb1der:

He's saying kap is dumb because he's a "running QB".
This tactic was used to simplify things for Alex. He's given two plays at the line, and can only pick between those two depending on the coverage.

With Kaepernick that's no longer needed because he's in full command of the offense and can change plays at the line like elite QBs can. It's a work in progress and it'll get better as the season progresses.

I think Kap still goes to the line with two plays a lot. And calls off the original to go with the alternative. I've heard him say "kill" before.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

i just think the hawks and maybe the rams are just inside of our heads for whatever reason

He has how many starts under his belt? Expecting him to understand everything now, would be impossible. No matter how much some think he is a god.....he isn't. He will need time to learn the in's and outs.

So, why is he using it this season then?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:

i just think the hawks and maybe the rams are just inside of our heads for whatever reason

just good defensive minded HC's who prepare their teams well. Harbs and Roman need to step up their games when they go against them.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-Super-offense-meets-its-kryptonite-4820012.php
[ Edited by susweel on Sep 17, 2013 at 9:57 AM ]

He has how many starts under his belt? Expecting him to understand everything now, would be impossible. No matter how much some think he is a god.....he isn't. He will need time to learn the in's and outs.
I'm crossing my fingers hoping that you're able to make sense/ or a valid point, but you're not
[ Edited by Ballistic on Sep 17, 2013 at 9:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Ballistic:

I'm crossing my fingers hoping that you're able to make sense/ or a valid point, but you're not

No you're right.....he can read every D, make every call, and is perfect in every audible.

HE IS STILL LEARNING

He sure played like one this weekend.

Share 49ersWebzone