There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 2 Post Game Analysis

I think the offense not being able to move the ball down the field was ultimately the nail in the coffin. The defense was really holding them to nothing in the first half, but defense alone isn't going to win games unless the offense does something and keeps the chains moving.


Can't really blame special teams for this because they were barely in the game.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by Baldie:
They own many teams at home, not just the niners.

True. I mentioned in another thread that the big takeaway for me is how crappy Russell Wilson is playing. He stunk it up last week (aside from one insanely lucky TD pass), and only completed eight (8) passes last night. I'd be worried if I were a Seattle fan.

Exactly, they can chalk up 8 wins + Wilsons midget magic at Carolina, but its hard to see them being able to travel well. Their defense relies on that fan noise to make them so fast, teams cant change up the snap count if they cant even hear the QB. Our D looked great until the penalties and Reid left, then we were screwed.

Not worried though, Seattle is the only place the niners cant win on the road... the patriots, Saints, Falcons... we proved we can win in domes just not in Seattle. Now the niners gotta show up for the rest of the season and make sure Seattle doesnt secure a home seed in the playoffs.
172 yards rushing didn't help us either.

I feel, my opinion, we were out coached in this game on both sides of the ball.

Also, it seems to me that Roman keeps holding back. I know it helped last season in the playoff game against the Packers but IMO, this was a statement game that we could have won.
Just wanted to come here and say that the 49ers have a fantastic team and really are equal to the Seahawks IMO. I think the 49ers will take the next game and they will split this season as they did last season. I'm really excited for this rivalry and hope it is a good one for years to come. Not here to gloat in any way, shape or, form. Just wanted to pay my respects and say good game. Looking forward to the next game and hopefully a 3rd game in the NFC Championship! Have a great season and I hope your guys get healthy and stay healthy!
Originally posted by SeahawksP:
Just wanted to come here and say that the 49ers have a fantastic team and really are equal to the Seahawks IMO. I think the 49ers will take the next game and they will split this season as they did last season. I'm really excited for this rivalry and hope it is a good one for years to come. Not here to gloat in any way, shape or, form. Just wanted to pay my respects and say good game. Looking forward to the next game and hopefully a 3rd game in the NFC Championship! Have a great season and I hope your guys get healthy and stay healthy!

NOT NOW BRO!





  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,285
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I think the play that ended any hope of the 49ers coming back in the game was that b******t personal foul call on Aldon Smith. The 49ers had just driven down the field during the pervious possession and put points on the board, and they were on the verge of forcing the Seahawks to kick a long FG and be down 15-3, worst case scenario. Instead, Aldon Smith shoves that fool and gets flagged for something that had been going on ALL GAME and practically EVERY PLAY. Yet the refs decide to make the call at literally the most crucial part of the game and hand the Seahawks a free first and goal instead of attempting a longish FG.

That has a horrific call and the refs decided to put their fingerprints all over the game after that, which is really a shame. Instead of it being a 12 point game with the momentum being a wash, Seattle puts the nail in the coffin and goes up 16.

Mods can merge this if they want to, just venting here. That call really ticked me off.
Do we have the most biased fans in the league? It is so comical, every time we lose 25% of the people here say it is always the ref's fault. The other team's players are always committing uncalled penalties, and yet the 49ers are all choir boys and never do anything wrong, and when the 49ers get flagged it was unjust. (detect sarcasm). There are too many poor sports in here, we lost because Seattle was the superior team yesterday from top to bottom, plain and simple.
Originally posted by SeahawksP:
Just wanted to come here and say that the 49ers have a fantastic team and really are equal to the Seahawks IMO. I think the 49ers will take the next game and they will split this season as they did last season. I'm really excited for this rivalry and hope it is a good one for years to come. Not here to gloat in any way, shape or, form. Just wanted to pay my respects and say good game. Looking forward to the next game and hopefully a 3rd game in the NFC Championship! Have a great season and I hope your guys get healthy and stay healthy!

Good post, too bad the majority of those that come over here arent as well spoken.

May the team with the highest play off seeding win, cause the niners will definitely need it.
I thought it was the time when Kap threw an INT instead of a TD
Or the other time when he tossed an INT instead of a TD
maybe it was the time when he threw an INT instead of a TD
or it could have been the time he fumbled instead of running for a TD
Originally posted by BobS:
Do we have the most biased fans in the league? It is so comical, every time we lose 25% of the people here say it is always the ref's fault. The other team's players are always committing uncalled penalties, and yet the 49ers are all choir boys and never do anything wrong, and when the 49ers get flagged it was unjust. (detect sarcasm). There are too many poor sports in here, we lost because Seattle was the superior team yesterday from top to bottom, plain and simple.

You must not talk with Seahawks fans much. Every other loss is blamed on the non-calls.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I think the play that ended any hope of the 49ers coming back in the game was that b******t personal foul call on Aldon Smith. The 49ers had just driven down the field during the pervious possession and put points on the board, and they were on the verge of forcing the Seahawks to kick a long FG and be down 15-3, worst case scenario. Instead, Aldon Smith shoves that fool and gets flagged for something that had been going on ALL GAME and practically EVERY PLAY. Yet the refs decide to make the call at literally the most crucial part of the game and hand the Seahawks a free first and goal instead of attempting a longish FG.

That has a horrific call and the refs decided to put their fingerprints all over the game after that, which is really a shame. Instead of it being a 12 point game with the momentum being a wash, Seattle puts the nail in the coffin and goes up 16.

Mods can merge this if they want to, just venting here. That call really ticked me off.
Do we have the most biased fans in the league? It is so comical, every time we lose 25% of the people here say it is always the ref's fault. The other team's players are always committing uncalled penalties, and yet the 49ers are all choir boys and never do anything wrong, and when the 49ers get flagged it was unjust. (detect sarcasm). There are too many poor sports in here, we lost because Seattle was the superior team yesterday from top to bottom, plain and simple.

i used to make fun of seahawk fans for crying about the refs over the years. i stopped once we started acting like them.
We were out coached - Roman's game plan was ???????

They are VERY physical and we'll need to get WR who are physical to match. Sherman [hate his guts] can cover anyone we have by himself. Why wasn't Vance and Patton in game plan more?

Tough night and glad it's early in season for us to regroup.

Our OLine could not open holes and ADavis got owned. This led to Kap not having time. We need to look at solutions.

Losing Ian will hurt.
I Thought it was a classy act by Seattle (via Pete Caroll) to take a knee towards the end of the game and not pile it on by further running up the score. It's sad to say I would not expect the same from our couch!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,876
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We were out coached - Roman's game plan was ???????

They are VERY physical and we'll need to get WR who are physical to match. Sherman [hate his guts] can cover anyone we have by himself. Why wasn't Vance and Patton in game plan more?

Tough night and glad it's early in season for us to regroup.

Our OLine could not open holes and ADavis got owned. This led to Kap not having time. We need to look at solutions.

Losing Ian will hurt.
i am the president of roman haters inc. but i guess i do not know nor do i care if he was to blame for last night. i think jesus christ could have been in that booth and there was no way we going to win that game.. but to blow up and lose our composure in the second half is just so disturbing
Holy s**t do they like to talk up in Seattle. See Pete's latest comments? Guy is like a giddy 12 year old.

Meanwhile our guys just give them credit and say they for outplayed.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,876
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Holy s**t do they like to talk up in Seattle. See Pete's latest comments? Guy is like a giddy 12 year old.

Meanwhile our guys just give them credit and say they for outplayed.
the loss is bad, its who we lost to that hurts,, kind of like how the hawk fans feel when they lose to us and our coach
...