There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 2 Post Game Analysis

Our players made asinine retaliatory penalties that hurt the team. The defense played their butts off though. They did admirably in a hostile environment but after our offense continued to turn the ball over in our own territory and do nothing all game, there's only so much they can do.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think the INT early 1st quarter at their goalline was huge. Would have done wonders for our confidence and put a little doubt into theirs.

yeah this play was huge. playing in seattle you need the 1st points of the game. if you get down 10 or 12 points its gonna be tough. i also think harbaugh pussied out with the fg inside the 10 yard line or whatever. we're down 12 points in our personal house of horrors. 3 points aint gonna do s**t, go for it on 4th down and if you dont make it, they're backed up.
Originally posted by baltien:
Really, I think we had good momentum coming out of the gate. There were no burned timeouts and considering the defense they were playing against, we didn't look all that bad. The most glaring problem is that we STILL have no answers for Lynch. He kills us every time.

Sherman played a good game against Boldin, but Kap did miss a few opportunities to hit him (and Patton). Against a secondary like that, you have to strike fast and hard to get those yards. Moronic penalties aside, I think our defense played well. No, Kap didn't exactly have a great game, but neither did Russell Wilson.

Bottom line is, they now own us at home at home until we prove otherwise.
They own many teams at home, not just the niners.
  • buck
  • Veteran
We lost the game. It happens. Not a big deal in and of itself.

Time to prepare for the next game.

Taking care of the penalties has to a good part of that preparation.
Better decisions by Kaep. He's the point man of that offense. There are few plays where he had opportunities to run for a conversion, but try for some thing further downfield that didn't work out. Go quicker to the checkdown if the down field stuff isn't there. There are options on each play, he needs to make them quicker.

Seattle did a good job against the run just like the Packs did against us. There wasn't a lot of RB rotation like we have seen from the Niners. Not sure what the reason would be.

VD and Boldin struggled all night to get the ball. We were left with Kyle Williams with the most reception with 4. The coaches need to get the other guys on the field. Patton, Moore, Baldwin-- didn't see Baldwin until late and out of hand in the game.

And the last 2-- penalties and turnovers
Originally posted by socalniner:
4 turnovers by your QB will lose every time. Seems Patton is open but he won't throw there
Every qb misses a read. Did you see Patton wide open in the end zone waving his arms up and down??

The Niners had opportunities, but did not execute.

Learn from mistakes and move on......
Haven't seen the game yet, but according to posts they were playing 8 men on the line, double coverage on VD and a man on Boldin all night. This begs the question, that should have left at least one receiver uncovered.

A grim night, by all accounts. But better to get it over with early (Phiily in '94) and learn from it. Were we getting too arrogant?
I liked the pace the niners came out on offense. Kap throws a better pass and I think we ride that momentum for a score. Little s**t like this throughout the entire game. We basically killed ourselves against a very good team.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Better decisions by Kaep. He's the point man of that offense. There are few plays where he had opportunities to run for a conversion, but try for some thing further downfield that didn't work out. Go quicker to the checkdown if the down field stuff isn't there. There are options on each play, he needs to make them quicker.

Seattle did a good job against the run just like the Packs did against us. There wasn't a lot of RB rotation like we have seen from the Niners. Not sure what the reason would be.

VD and Boldin struggled all night to get the ball. We were left with Kyle Williams with the most reception with 4. The coaches need to get the other guys on the field. Patton, Moore, Baldwin-- didn't see Baldwin until late and out of hand in the game.

And the last 2-- penalties and turnovers

I agree with you... Kap was slow going through his reads, slow with his decisions, and worst of all making the wrong decision. A couple times he could have picked up a 1st on the ground but he was so set on being a passer first that he tried to force tough passes and failed. What was he thinking with that lob to Gore? The Seattle guy had tight coverage. On top of that Kap was inaccurate all night long. Throwing passes at the knees of his outlet passes and even throwing low to the WRs. Even his first INT, it was more of pass to the Seahawks defender than it was to VD... if that was accurate it would have been a TD.

I can't believe how rattled he was because of the crowd noise and Seattle's coverage on Boldin, VD, and company.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Haven't seen the game yet, but according to posts they were playing 8 men on the line, double coverage on VD and a man on Boldin all night. This begs the question, that should have left at least one receiver uncovered.

A grim night, by all accounts. But better to get it over with early (Phiily in '94) and learn from it. Were we getting too arrogant?
it is always easier to look back and be the backseat driver but now i am a bit upset JH, "acted" like he spent all of his time talking about clay M and the packers leading up to this game. i think no matter how much you try to simulate, you just can not play in that place with those fans. note the hawks record at home as of late. we did not do a damn thing with the run on first or second down, got into third and predictable. they got a lead which got the rabid fans even more nuts. you sprinkle in lots of penalties and two terrible mistakes by two of our leaders on defense who should know better,, we were asking for trouble and we got it.
whole game was s**t. we're lucky our D kept us "in it" as long as it did. I didn't expect to leave Seattle with a win, but I also didn't expect to look like the Jags out there. s**t was pathetic.
This game was very similar to last year's game at the Stick. We struggled to get separation and failed to run the ball effectively (until the forth quarter). The difference was Alex Smith (didn't think I'd ever say his name again on here) was willing to take the short underneath completions to soften up the defence and Kap didn't!

It was there ALL night!! Kap needs to be smarter and take those underneath completions and move the football down the field to get first downs. Our defence played great but the constant 3 and out with Kap looking downfield for the BIG throw hurt us. Let's face it he's still a rookie in this league and he showed it last night. IMO.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I think the play that ended any hope of the 49ers coming back in the game was that b******t personal foul call on Aldon Smith. The 49ers had just driven down the field during the pervious possession and put points on the board, and they were on the verge of forcing the Seahawks to kick a long FG and be down 15-3, worst case scenario. Instead, Aldon Smith shoves that fool and gets flagged for something that had been going on ALL GAME and practically EVERY PLAY. Yet the refs decide to make the call at literally the most crucial part of the game and hand the Seahawks a free first and goal instead of attempting a longish FG.

That has a horrific call and the refs decided to put their fingerprints all over the game after that, which is really a shame. Instead of it being a 12 point game with the momentum being a wash, Seattle puts the nail in the coffin and goes up 16.

Mods can merge this if they want to, just venting here. That call really ticked me off.

Aldon has been playing the game long enough to know better. His little swipe at the guy's helmet really pissed me off.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
whole game was s**t. we're lucky our D kept us "in it" as long as it did. I didn't expect to leave Seattle with a win, but I also didn't expect to look like the Jags out there. s**t was pathetic.

pretty much sums up how i feel.
The refs were inconsistent and HORRIBLE; however, that's the last reason why the 49ers lost.

Man, why do the refs suck sooooo bad?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home