LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Is it time for a change at RB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is it time for a change at RB?

Originally posted by strinersniners:
Our offensive line could not open any holes for our running backs including the very young and fast running back Kendal Hunter.

hunter was in on 1 play.

and they couldn't open holes against green bay either until we started running real running plays like we used to
I'm all for stoping the pistol and the read option why those play don't work is it makes goes runs delayed, he has to wait just a second for the ball or not to get the ball. Rather than find that hole hit it and go north south. I think we need to start using less of those formations, because I rather see gore run for 100 yards and get a win, than see kap get 80 yards and get a lose, we know he can run he needs to learn how to play in the pocket out of normal sets and hand the dam ball off.

I'm upset with the oline, but im more upset with the coachs and the scheme of the running game, it doesn't suit gore, hunter both guys who are north south types. It seems to fit LMJ but the jury is still out if he will live up to the praise he gets. Run the iform stop dicking around with this read option and give the ball to gore.

Sad thing is we will for a week, will win, and than they will go back to the same old s**t that doesn't get the running game going, it just gives kap options to run, when he needs to be learning how to become a better passing qb.
Not sure.

I think its a combination of things. Frank is definitely slowing down due to age and wear. But for some reason our run blocking this year has regressed? In both the GB game and Seattle game, our OLine got pushed around with defenders making many plays for loss of yards. or Frank seems like he gets stuffed at the line of scrimmage with no holes.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Need LMJ and Hunter bad. Gore is yesterdays news people. The Super Bowl was his last hurrah. Dudes outta gas. Not his fault, just the way things are.
He is 30, you can count on one hand the NFL running backs that had success at that age or higher. Frank is passed his expiration date.
you can't blame Gore for last night,the entire offense sucked!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
To answer your question, yes it is time, but change to who ? I haven't seen Lattimore play yet, but if you are referring to Hunter, LMJ and Dixon then they are not franchise RB material. In other words, in all likelihood that person might not even be a 9er yet.
youre callling the running game out... really??
Frank is still our best back.
Hard to blame Gore or any RB for last night's game...Seattle did a great job (pains me to say, but it's true) of defending the run. Just like Kaepernick, who had virtually nowhere safe to throw the ball, the 'Hawks blanketed our receivers, who didn't do a good job of trying to get open with any consistency. Back to Gore, though, against just about any other defense, he can still get it done. Don't let 2 games sway you to think he's washed up...there are 14 more yet.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
No. We need to put him in situations that help him do what he does.

He hasn't had any the last two games.

I'm curious, what are those situations?

Not running into a wall

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
No. We need to put him in situations that help him do what he does.

He hasn't had any the last two games.

I'm curious, what are those situations?

Not running into a wall

You just opened up another can of worms cos that pertains to our O-line not being able to open up lanes. That basically means their D-line can more than match us up which happened in last year's game too.

And you know what's the even more scary part ? Their D-line last night was only the depleted version, can you imagine what might happen when they get Clemons and Irvin back ?! I don't even want to think about it.
These threads always crack me up. Watch a team get beat up, an offense that played bad all night, an o line that got out worked, and changing the running back is the answer. lol
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
These threads always crack me up. Watch a team get beat up, an offense that played bad all night, an o line that got out worked, and changing the running back is the answer. lol

Yep. We just got worked. You learn from it and move on.
Originally posted by Axl49:
We need a full back and Gore enough college option crap it's trash and league knows we gonna run it. This ain't college Roman. Give Gore the rock with a jumbo or I formation and let him do the rest.

Church!!!
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Gorexcuses
Share 49ersWebzone