LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Is it time for a change at RB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is it time for a change at RB?

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I'm curious, what are those situations?

Situations where he is not contacted behind the line because everyone in the stadium including the hot dog vendors knows where Roman has designed the play to go. The last two games defenses have shown no hesitation whatsoever regarding where the running play is going. So obviously we are not fooling anyone. We have a tell and the whole league knows it except our coaching staff.

Not Franks fault. He got 16 yards on 9 carries. That's more than many other running backs would have gotten. I am not joking.
We were supposed to draft Gore's heir last year or Harbaughs first year. Hunter is not a starter. We have failed to address to drafting our future back.
We need to put Kap under center and run the I. And occasionally play action out of it. This crap of being in the shotgun all the time is hurting the running game.
We need delanie walker! He was the main reason our running game had so many explosive plays last couple of years
Yes I'm talking about Gore. We all know that he's up there in age. And while he still may be a great blocker, it's evident that his power, vision and speed are second class.

We can't have Kaep be our leading rusher every game. It puts too much stress on him and is not sustainable. At the very least, the carries need to be a lot more evenly divided amongst the other backs.

This is the same s**t people said week 2 of the season in 2011 about Frank. Get back to me when you know football.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Situations where he is not contacted behind the line because everyone in the stadium including the hot dog vendors knows where Roman has designed the play to go. The last two games defenses have shown no hesitation whatsoever regarding where the running play is going. So obviously we are not fooling anyone. We have a tell and the whole league knows it except our coaching staff.

Not Franks fault. He got 16 yards on 9 carries. That's more than many other running backs would have gotten. I am not joking.

This. It is incredibly obvious when the 49ers are running the ball, teams are simply crashing through the line and attacking with their ears pinned back.
packers planned all offseason on stopping our run, Seahawks have the best D in the league. Not worried yet. Gore has been a slow starter the past few years and then will tear off a string of 100+ yard games.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
We were supposed to draft Gore's heir last year or Harbaughs first year. Hunter is not a starter. We have failed to address to drafting our future back.

Once again, this has nothing to do with Gore or Hunter. The blocking is garbage and the scheming/playcalling is even worse. Teams know when the 49ers are running and they are jumping all over them. The 49ers shifted over to this pistol/read option offense which had a nice run in the playoffs but the coaches have fallen far too in love with it. They need to get back to what worked in 2011 and most of 2012.
Originally posted by jreff22:
We need to put Kap under center and run the I. And occasionally play action out of it. This crap of being in the shotgun all the time is hurting the running game.

This
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
packers planned all offseason on stopping our run, Seahawks have the best D in the league. Not worried yet. Gore has been a slow starter the past few years and then will tear off a string of 100+ yard games.

He was a slow starter last year? He rushed 33 times for 201 yards and 2 TDs in the first 2 games last year.

Originally posted by captveg:
This

x2. They've allowed themselves to fall way too in love with the pistol formation.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Wow really. Get out of here. U only feed Gore 9 times and kap has his head in ass aand Roman is a joke calling the plays last two games and you wanna blame Gore. Blame kap and Roman today. Absolute joke out there. Didn't even try to run.
Yes I'm talking about Gore. We all know that he's up there in age. And while he still may be a great blocker, it's evident that his power, vision and speed are second class.

We can't have Kaep be our leading rusher every game. It puts too much stress on him and is not sustainable. At the very least, the carries need to be a lot more evenly divided amongst the other backs.

I agree, I think Gore has run his course. The constant running into the back of his own blocker does not help either.
Hunter had one run for negative yardage. The similarity? s**tty blocking. Frank may have lost a step but he is still good. But you have to block a little bit. Give the guy a f**kin crease at least
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
We need a full back and Gore enough college option crap it's trash and league knows we gonna run it. This ain't college Roman. Give Gore the rock with a jumbo or I formation and let him do the rest.
Share 49ersWebzone