There are 51 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ian Williams Out for the Season

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Was watching the punk who took that cheap shot all game, he is a dirty freaking player and did it on purpose.

That said and moving on, we had this covered with Carradine and Dial but when they went down for 6 weeks we made no valid attempts to shore up.

I blame the staff.

We need Jerod-Eddie to step up.

he will play but he is a DE not a NT

Buy him some burgers and move him to nose.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Was watching the punk who took that cheap shot all game, he is a dirty freaking player and did it on purpose.

That said and moving on, we had this covered with Carradine and Dial but when they went down for 6 weeks we made no valid attempts to shore up.

I blame the staff.

We need Jerod-Eddie to step up.

he will play but he is a DE not a NT

Buy him some burgers and move him to nose.

Put the Brit at NT and see how it goes. Just tell him to go forward and attack like you're defending your mum.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
AB do we have the money to sign someone and if so who do you recommend?
Tomsula will figure something out
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Tomsula will figure something out

aside from the two doorknob penalties on aldon and brooks i had no issue with the defense in the first half when it was still a game, we tackled much better than vs green bay. they just wore down in the second half due to the ineptness of the offense
No good rumors floating around yet? I'd think they'd try to sign somebody fairly quickly to give them more time to get acquainted with the system.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by socal9er42:
No good rumors floating around yet? I'd think they'd try to sign somebody fairly quickly to give them more time to get acquainted with the system.

They are gonna take a day or two to assess the position.
Originally posted by cciowa:
AB do we have the money to sign someone and if so who do you recommend?

Honestly cc, it will have to be a minimum salary benefit player, so someone who takes the league minimum, either 715K, 840K, or 940K, and only count 555K. NFLPA has us at $1.629M under, I have us about 500K more. Not sure where I am off. I have been told by one source that Divens received no money in his settlement.

And Divens isnt eligible to return till I believe week 10, if the rules are still correct. Maybe Seymour, but I dont know if he is a NT, but then again, we dont use a traditional NT. So maybe it would work.

Casey Hampton is a guy who is a real NT, but he may of retired. Ron Brace would work, probably minimum salary. He is likely in the 715K or less category, either that, or 555k, or 630k, not sure on years accrued for him.

Unless someone restructures, which I have been checking the NFLPA database every day, I havent seen a change to report. So we probably be looking for the MSB guys, or rooks/cheap guys, like Purcell off PS.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Honestly cc, it will have to be a minimum salary benefit player, so someone who takes the league minimum, either 715K, 840K, or 940K, and only count 555K. NFLPA has us at $1.629M under, I have us about 500K more. Not sure where I am off. I have been told by one source that Divens received no money in his settlement.

And Divens isnt eligible to return till I believe week 10, if the rules are still correct. Maybe Seymour, but I dont know if he is a NT, but then again, we dont use a traditional NT. So maybe it would work.

Casey Hampton is a guy who is a real NT, but he may of retired. Ron Brace would work, probably minimum salary. He is likely in the 715K or less category, either that, or 555k, or 630k, not sure on years accrued for him.

Unless someone restructures, which I have been checking the NFLPA database every day, I havent seen a change to report. So we probably be looking for the MSB guys, or rooks/cheap guys, like Purcell off PS.
ok, thank you, i think dorsey will do well but then we get back into that same cycle of lack of depth on the front line,, and i am assuming rays ankle is ok
I thought Dobbs, Jerod-Eddie. And Dorsey did fine cycling on the d line yesterday. Lynch is a man. Held him under 100. IDK maybe I'm just as doom and gloom about it. Sucks Williams is out for sure but I don't think it's a dire thing at this point.
aside from the two doorknob penalties on aldon and brooks i had no issue with the defense in the first half when it was still a game, we tackled much better than vs green bay. they just wore down in the second half due to the ineptness of the offense

THIS

i dont think we should worry about the D like people were thinking after green bay...there is not doubt they are good enough
ok, thank you, i think dorsey will do well but then we get back into that same cycle of lack of depth on the front line,, and i am assuming rays ankle is ok

I hope McDonald's ankle is ok too.
We need to give Casey Hampton a call. He's roughly the same age as Ted Washington was that time New England got him for a year and he dominated for them. For 20, maybe even 25 snaps a game I bet he'd be money.
[ Edited by kap2crab on Sep 16, 2013 at 6:35 PM ]
In another blowout, the Seahawks successfully take out another Niner and injures them out of the season.
Watch the vids.

That loser punk took out our NT on purpouse. You could just watch him shift, and aim, and throw his brown nose body into his leg.

Seattle is playing dirty and they know who on their roster they can pay off.

Of course they had the camera on Carroll pretending to chastise him after the play.

We need to really bring some kick ass next games with these punks.