There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ian Williams Out for the Season

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I only wanted to let Sopoaga go because I wanted to see Ian Williams get a shot...now I'm sad.

But I'm hoping Baalke brings in Antonio Dixon!!

our backup fullback ?

Lol not Anthony Dixon!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I only wanted to let Sopoaga go because I wanted to see Ian Williams get a shot...now I'm sad.

But I'm hoping Baalke brings in Antonio Dixon!!

our backup fullback ?

it was a dirty play but it was legal.....so there's no fault whatsoever with the seahawks player....
Remaining FA according to NFL tracker

Roy Miller, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 
14. Ricky Jean-Francois, San Francisco 49ers (UPDATE: Signed with the Indianapolis Colts)
15. Vance Walker, Atlanta Falcons
16. Corey Williams, Detroit Lions 
17. Casey Hampton, Pittsburgh Steelers
18. Aubrayo Franklin, San Diego Chargers
19. Spencer Johnson, Buffalo Bills
20. Antonio Garay, San Diego Chargers 
21. Mike Patterson, Philadelphia Eagles
22. Dwan Edwards, Carolina Panthers
23. Kedric Golston, Washington Redskins (UPDATE: Re-signedwith the Washington Redskins)
24. Pat Sims, Cincinnati Bengals
25. Vaughn Martin, San Diego Chargers
26. Shaun Cody, Houston Texans
27. Derek Landri, Philadelphia Eagles
28. Tony McDaniel, Miami Dolphins
29. Ma'ake Kemoeatu, Baltimore Ravens
30. Kevin Vickerson, Denver Broncos
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:

Roy Miller, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
14. Ricky Jean-Francois, San Francisco 49ers (UPDATE: Signed with the Indianapolis Colts)
15. Vance Walker, Atlanta Falcons
16. Corey Williams, Detroit Lions
17. Casey Hampton, Pittsburgh Steelers
18. Aubrayo Franklin, San Diego Chargers
19. Spencer Johnson, Buffalo Bills
20. Antonio Garay, San Diego Chargers
21. Mike Patterson, Philadelphia Eagles
22. Dwan Edwards, Carolina Panthers
23. Kedric Golston, Washington Redskins (UPDATE: Re-signedwith the Washington Redskins)
24. Pat Sims, Cincinnati Bengals
25. Vaughn Martin, San Diego Chargers
26. Shaun Cody, Houston Texans
27. Derek Landri, Philadelphia Eagles
28. Tony McDaniel, Miami Dolphins
29. Ma'ake Kemoeatu, Baltimore Ravens
30. Kevin Vickerson, Denver Broncos

that list is not current
Was watching the punk who took that cheap shot all game, he is a dirty freaking player and did it on purpose.

That said and moving on, we had this covered with Carradine and Dial but when they went down for 6 weeks we made no valid attempts to shore up.

I blame the staff.
casey hampton was a dominate NT for years but is pretty old now but maybe he could be a good rotational guy. Or maybe Dial can come in and contribute
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Was watching the punk who took that cheap shot all game, he is a dirty freaking player and did it on purpose.

That said and moving on, we had this covered with Carradine and Dial but when they went down for 6 weeks we made no valid attempts to shore up.

I blame the staff.

We need Jerod-Eddie to step up.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by 49erWay:

I blame the staff.

We need Jerod-Eddie to step up.

he will play but he is a DE not a NT
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:

Roy Miller, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
14. Ricky Jean-Francois, San Francisco 49ers (UPDATE: Signed with the Indianapolis Colts)
15. Vance Walker, Atlanta Falcons
16. Corey Williams, Detroit Lions
17. Casey Hampton, Pittsburgh Steelers
18. Aubrayo Franklin, San Diego Chargers
19. Spencer Johnson, Buffalo Bills
20. Antonio Garay, San Diego Chargers
21. Mike Patterson, Philadelphia Eagles
22. Dwan Edwards, Carolina Panthers
23. Kedric Golston, Washington Redskins (UPDATE: Re-signedwith the Washington Redskins)
24. Pat Sims, Cincinnati Bengals
25. Vaughn Martin, San Diego Chargers
26. Shaun Cody, Houston Texans
27. Derek Landri, Philadelphia Eagles
28. Tony McDaniel, Miami Dolphins
29. Ma'ake Kemoeatu, Baltimore Ravens
30. Kevin Vickerson, Denver Broncos

that list is not current

Ma'ake Kemoeatu is a FA -- helped the Ravens win last year. Let's sign his Tongan ass up!
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
antonio dixon played well for the eagles a couple years ago. i wonder if he's good to go?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
it was a dirty play but it was legal.....so there's no fault whatsoever with the seahawks player....

It's a two way street -- how many times do defenders dive for and at ankles when trying to tackle players.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
damn for a sec I wondered where Abruyo Franklin was at (at least he knows our defense, and built similar to Ian) but no, he is with the Colts we are playing this week..lol.. along with Ricky Jean.

Both are overrated. RJF is overpaid, and Aubrayo was a one year wonder guy. Played like s**t after his franchised year. Same goes for Sopoaga, I know you didn't mention him, but wasn't worth $12M over 3 seasons. Glad we have Dorsey.

Hoping this is like a 8 week thing, comes back later in season, maybe we bring up a NT, maybe Purcell, he played well in preseason. Won't be Divens, I believe he can't come back till around week 10 due to injury settlement rules.

when did you become such a hater? Was there ever any player that left us that you felt that was not overpaid?..lol.

I didn't ask if we could sign these guys to long term contracts.. I feel for a short term situation, if there was anyone who could step in, I would think it would be Franklin.. I don't care how he does with other defenses...if he could've came here and just played as good as Williams or Sop..or just like his former self..i think that woud've been enough for our defense not to miss a beat.

I hope one of our younger guys steps in.. but I'm not sure how Dorsey will do against the run (had that nice sack)....that's what I'm worried about. I'll have to watch the game again and just focus on the Dline, after Williams had to leave.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 16, 2013 at 5:15 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
casey hampton was a dominate NT for years but is pretty old now but maybe he could be a good rotational guy. Or maybe Dial can come in and contribute

Dial won't be ready till Week 7. 9ers need help now.