There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ian Williams Out for the Season

Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Yes but vets are more expensive than rookies and we just don't know. What if it becomes a Parys Haralson Corey Lemonier type of thing. Or a McDermott Jennings deal. No vet wants to lose time due to this type of play. Too risky to put in the situation of having a tenuous grasp on a 53 man roster spot

Oh so your sayin we could trade for a rookie contract and ditch his contract?

I don't know. AB is the capologist but I am saying the hit put Ian's livelihood at risk. Who knows where he fits with us next season when he puts only a quarter of game film on tape. He loses time then has to work himself back with potentially new and cheaper competition. We have him at a good rate but you never know. Just imagine how Ian feels
I mean if it's a broken ankle its only 8 weeks but we dont know the severity.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I don't know. AB is the capologist but I am saying the hit put Ian's livelihood at risk. Who knows where he fits with us next season when he puts only a quarter of game film on tape. He loses time then has to work himself back with potentially new and cheaper competition. We have him at a good rate but you never know. Just imagine how Ian feels

Oh yea man. I feel bad for dude. He worked his ass off to get to where he was. UDFA to start on the Niners D.
Originally posted by eonblue:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/49ers-ian-williams-lost-season-broken-ankle-highlighting-021249757--nfl.html

already been posted.
Originally posted by SFrush:
already been posted.

I guess will find out tomorrow. Crossing my fingers it was just misreport.
Is Richard Seymour available? If so I say we sign him and we go out and get Kerry Rhodes, when Reid went down it highlighted a weakness on this team and that's depth at the safety position. Dahl is good at ST I'll give him that but he sucks at safety, injuries are a reality in the NFL that every team deals with, we need to go get these guys and plug these holes immediately. I'm fine with Dorsey as the NT, he's probably not a drop off from Williams anyway. Hopefully we can get Dial and Tank back this season also.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
WOOOWW, who can they sign? Where the Eff is that Carradine waste of a pick dude at??

He doesn't even play NT dude.

Bandwagoner exposed.
available nose tackles according to my trusty Lindy's pro football 2013 preview...........sione pouha, shaun cody, ron edwards, antonio johnson
I do not trust those people who control the NFL. In my opinion, that rule was put in to cause a season ending injury. In my opinion, I also believe that last superbowl was fixed. Too many non calls for the Ravens. I believe the Niners had 5 penalties while the Ravens only had 2 penalties in that last Superbowl. They let the Ravens play while placing a tight leash on the Niners.
In American football, a chop block is an attempt by an offensive player to cut block a defensive player who is already being blocked by another offensive player. In order to be considered a chop,the second block may need to be below the thigh or knee, depending on the code. In the NFL, NCAA, and in high school football, the penalty for a violation is 15 yards.

This just in: JR Sweezy is garbage.
Originally posted by jreff22:
We will be drafting a NT this year

Good thing we have a bunch of 7th round picks. Maybe get two NTs.
It's possible Williams could come back in Dec...but you're talking about a broken ankle on a 300+ lb player. I wouldn't hold my breath on him coming back. If he does, great, but I'm just thankful we have Dorsey. As for the cheap shot, it's within the rules, but that still doesn't make it right. But, that's how Seattle plays, right on the edge of being illegal/dirty. 'Til the NFL cracks down on that, they'll just keep doing it.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's possible Williams could come back in Dec...but you're talking about a broken ankle on a 300+ lb player. I wouldn't hold my breath on him coming back. If he does, great, but I'm just thankful we have Dorsey. As for the cheap shot, it's within the rules, but that still doesn't make it right. But, that's how Seattle plays, right on the edge of being illegal/dirty. 'Til the NFL cracks down on that, they'll just keep doing it.
Did same thing to DEN and that was a preseason game
WTF has Baalke been doing??? Didn't he know that Justin & Ray were getting worn down by seasons end last year?? WTF didn't he sign and DRAFT 3 big bodies to help rotate?? Instead of some injured dude named "TANK". I swear this Baalke dude has a HARD HEAD!!!! No way this team can get to where it needs to get to with little to no depth. Get Seymour on the phone and another body also WTF man. Get a WR on the phone too.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Well the reason it is season ending is because we used IR-designated to return spot (only 1) for Moody so if we didn't IR him he's have to be inactive every week and take up a roster spot until healthy. Correct me if I am wrong can't put players on PUP anymore. As for the shot it's legal in the NFL now but seems like those types of blocks should be looked at and taken out of the game. It will hurt the run game but to me it's just as dangerous and any helmet to helmet thing. Guys don't see someone then they go low and its a blown out knee or broken ankle in this case. Good thing we have Dorsey and we don't use our NT every play. Also, we have a really big lack of depth now with only Dobbs and TJE as backups. Basically Dobbs because TJE isnt likely good enough to be active really. Wish we had Carradine (or Dial) or Culliver or Crabtree or Manningham for that matter. Yeah injuries did us in the last 2 years and so far have taken a big toll on us already.

Maybe we should have kept Divens...I had him in my 53 just for this reason and b/c he is more of a plugger (2-gapper) against all the power running teams we face. I believe we had an injury settlement for him? He's really hurt?