There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ian Williams Out for the Season

Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
For a 300lb NT maybe for obvious reasons. Either way, this might be career altering for him because he was just getting onto the field. Sweazey is sleazy

Career altering? I wouldn't go that far.

With us perhaps. He loses this season. We have 13 picks already with Kap Aldon Iupati and Crabtree to extend. Whose to say Dorsey doesn't win his job and we go cheaper with a rook. Iran ain't exactly Wilfork yet. He might not make it back with us. Cold hard cap reality bro
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 16, 2013 at 12:13 AM ]
this stinks and on a play that should be illegal both ways

suh got fined 100k for it

this guy is gonna get a pat on the back
Originally posted by azninersfan:
Sucks for Ian and for us. Man i hope this doesnt mean Tukuafu is coming back.

Can't, he is on IR, can't return.
Cheap way to lose out. This ain't NBA where contracts are guaranteed. They can rip it up over here
With us perhaps. He loses this season. We have 13 picks already with Kap Aldon Iupati and Crabtree to extend. Whose to say Dorsey doesn't win his job and we go cheaper with a rook. Iran ain't exactly Wilfork yet. He might not make it back with us. Cold hard cap reality bro

Didn't Williams just extend?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by azninersfan:
Sucks for Ian and for us. Man i hope this doesnt mean Tukuafu is coming back.

Can't, he is on IR, can't return.

I think we should trade for someone. They're has to be a team with some abundance at that position. We don't need a pure NT either. We could get a NT from a 4-3.
Originally posted by eonblue:

Didn't Williams just extend?

Yes but vets are more expensive than rookies and we just don't know. What if it becomes a Parys Haralson Corey Lemonier type of thing. Or a McDermott Jennings deal. No vet wants to lose time due to this type of play. Too risky to put in the situation of having a tenuous grasp on a 53 man roster spot
The team has proven they can plug in different guys at NT through the years. Even though Ian was "the next guy up," Dorsey was signed for a reason. I'm more concerned about Reid's concussion and Vernon's hammy.
That should be about 8 weeks. Not a whole season.
Yes but vets are more expensive than rookies and we just don't know. What if it becomes a Parys Haralson Corey Lemonier type of thing. Or a McDermott Jennings deal. No vet wants to lose time due to this type of play. Too risky to put in the situation of having a tenuous grasp on a 53 man roster spot

Oh so your sayin we could trade for a rookie contract and ditch his contract?
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 16, 2013 at 12:27 AM ]
The value of Quinton Dial now probably goes up.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That should be about 8 weeks. Not a whole season.

It's be reported that it's much worse than a typical break.
Originally posted by eonblue:
It's be reported that it's much worse than a typical break.

reported where?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The value of Quinton Dial now probably goes up.

Yea but dude missed the entire training camp. Since when has Fangio just let guys walk onto the team? Especially if they haven't "earned" it. Idk man. I agree but I'm not the one making the depth chart.
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 16, 2013 at 12:30 AM ]
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/49ers-ian-williams-lost-season-broken-ankle-highlighting-021249757--nfl.html