There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ian Williams Out for the Season

Originally posted by Existence:
Wow! To have this happen just before William's ankle breaker to me shows a clear line of intent. You can almost hear some offensive coach saying 'if we take out one of their guys early, it will break their will to play.' I hate those cheap cheating f*ckers with a passion. Can only hope for a lifetime of bad luck to that team after this past joke of a season.

Not surprised.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Wow! To have this happen just before William's ankle breaker to me shows a clear line of intent. You can almost hear some offensive coach saying 'if we take out one of their guys early, it will break their will to play.' I hate those cheap cheating f*ckers with a passion. Can only hope for a lifetime of bad luck to that team after this past joke of a season.

Not surprised.

The guys on NFL Playbook even warned about that crap the week before the NFC Championship game; every game we play Seattle, somebody either leaves with a concussion, and/or season-ending injury.

Nobody remembers back in 2011, when that Kyle Williams concussion in Seattle may have played a huge role in the NFC Championship game.
I just saw him yesterday at a gas station on Great America across from the new stadium
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Not surprised.

The guys on NFL Playbook even warned about that crap the week before the NFC Championship game; every game we play Seattle, somebody either leaves with a concussion, and/or season-ending injury.

Nobody remembers back in 2011, when that Kyle Williams concussion in Seattle may have played a huge role in the NFC Championship game.

Broke Walker's jaw too...any flags? Fines? The list is growing no doubt.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Not surprised.

the kyle williams play was a cheap shot, the walker broken jaw while unfortunate wasnt a blatant cheap shot, he fell down and leroy hill going after the ball carrier collided with him
Originally posted by socalniner:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by socalniner:
the refs didn't call it either, right?

Ian wasn't engaged with a blocker so technically it's a legit play.

hmm looks to me like he was, but i guess the level of engagement is in question

I've seen less egregious chop blocks called . . . for instance at Baltimore Thanksgiving 2011 on Frank Gore on the long TD to Ginn that was called back.

Originally posted by crabman82:

Not surprised.

the kyle williams play was a cheap shot, the walker broken jaw while unfortunate wasnt a blatant cheap shot, he fell down and leroy hill going after the ball carrier collided with him

What? Wasn't this when Walker had "given himself up" and was on his knees and then got blasted in the head? Forgive my memory, if wrong...
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 14, 2014 at 10:08 AM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

Not surprised.

What? Wasn't this when Walker had "given himself up" and was on his knees and then got blasted in the head? Forgive my memory, if wrong...

what you're describing sounds like the kyle williams play where he was on his knees on a kick return and robinson blasted him when it wasnt needed. walkers broken jaw was on a running play (if memory serves) where he kinda fell down and hill chasing the ball collided with walker jaw with his knee. it was unfortunate but i never looked at the play as dirty, just collateral damage of playing football.