There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ian Williams Out for the Season

Originally posted by thl408:

So. Effed. Up!

BTW: Sometimes you can tell "intent" by how the player acts after the play. Did he show remorse? Or just ignore him?
Originally posted by NCommand:
So. Effed. Up!

BTW: Sometimes you can tell "intent" by how the player acts after the play. Did he show remorse? Or just ignore him?

Sweezy didn't show much reaction. Just followed the play then went back to the huddle. So, ignore would be Sweezy's reaction.
the refs didn't call it either, right?
Originally posted by socalniner:

Ian wasn't engaged with a blocker so technically it's a legit play.
Originally posted by socalniner:

Ian wasn't engaged with a blocker so technically it's a legit play.

hmm looks to me like he was, but i guess the level of engagement is in question
Originally posted by lamontb:
I think it might be Williams and Dial. Dorsey will go back to DE rotation but able to play anywhere.

I highly doubt this will happen, Dorsey found himself as a NT and I think he's far more effective there than at DE. Now if we had injuries or something at DE and needed him 2 obviously he could and maybe he will still play there a little but I expect it to be Dorsey vs. Williams in TC for the starting job and IMO Dorsey will win the job. Remember, Dorsey was a big disappointment in KC playing DE and we brought him here thinking he would be a better NT which he turned out to be.
Originally posted by NCommand:
So. Effed. Up!

Sweezy didn't show much reaction. Just followed the play then went back to the huddle. So, ignore would be Sweezy's reaction.

That's pretty much how I remembered it as well. Ouch. Poor guy...worked his TAIL off...great story and BAM, done for the year and now will have to compete with Dorsey, maybe Dial and who knows who else.
Looks pretty "Sleezy" to me. But its the Seahawks so don't be too shocked.
Tomsula is just a great great coach of the DL.

He did the same thing with SOAP and RJF.

Give him an undrafted guy like TJE and he'll turn him into a solid rotation guy, if not more. Or Dobbs, or Tukuafu.

Dorsey was beasting all year and Williams was before the injury.

With Dial, Tank, and Okoye, Tomsula has talent to work with. Dial looked HUGE out there when he did play. He might be like an Eric Swann type. Or Okoye.

With Williams coming back and all those guys returning, plus Ray Mac and Cowboy, no need to draft a DL high in this draft. Go DB / WR / OL if anything, but not DL. Oh, and a linebacker too, but I like Moody. He has a similar body type to Patrick and Bowman. That Fleming guy with the 2 torn ACLS is done tho.

Everyone was freaked out when we traded Haralson and Cam Johnson, but Skuta and Lemonier did a good job while Aldon was in rehab.

They do need to give Tomsula a nice raise.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Give him an undrafted guy like TJE and he'll turn him into a solid rotation guy, if not more. Or Dobbs, or Tukuafu.

With Dial, Tank, and Okoye, Tomsula has talent to work with. Dial looked HUGE out there when he did play. He might be like an Eric Swann type. Or Okoye.

With Williams coming back and all those guys returning, plus Ray Mac and Cowboy, no need to draft a DL high in this draft. Go DB / WR / OL if anything, but not DL. Oh, and a linebacker too, but I like Moody. He has a similar body type to Patrick and Bowman. That Fleming guy with the 2 torn ACLS is done tho.

Everyone was freaked out when we traded Haralson and Cam Johnson, but Skuta and Lemonier did a good job while Aldon was in rehab.

This, Tomsula is fantastic, if Fangio leaves I wonder if he or Donatell (spelling, the DB coach is who I'm referring 2) would step up & be the DC? One day we will be seeing Tomsula as a HC in this league.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

This, Tomsula is fantastic, if Fangio leaves I wonder if he or Donatell (spelling, the DB coach is who I'm referring 2) would step up & be the DC? One day we will be seeing Tomsula as a HC in this league.

seriously...tomsula can take any 300 pound guy make him a probowler lol. Ian Willians, Dobbs, and Jerod-eddie all undrafted and good contributors with Williams being the diamond in the rough. His true test is coaching up okoye. if okoye becomes a stud, Tomsula should be in the coaches hall of fame!!
That Sweezey crap is what the Hawks do. They cut into you then they roll you up all in the same motion. They even did this to Kap in the NFCCG. It is like they are trying to injure folk. That rolling on the ground crap fires me up
Week 2: This happened on the play before Ian Williams had his leg broken. Bow is engaged and the Chawk goes for the kill shot.

Wow! To have this happen just before William's ankle breaker to me shows a clear line of intent. You can almost hear some offensive coach saying 'if we take out one of their guys early, it will break their will to play.' I hate those cheap cheating f*ckers with a passion. Can only hope for a lifetime of bad luck to that team after this past joke of a season.
You know, that below the knee kill-shot can go both ways. After reviewing the above examples, the 49ers may want to "fall down" on the back of one of their O-linemen's knees.

Given the poor health of the seahawk o-line last year, I'm comfortable in assuming that's exactly what other team did.