Originally posted by mayo49:
You can add penalties to the concerns as we are the second most penalized team in the league.
Here is a penalty-by-penalty description of Sunday's infractions:
1. False start, Anquan Boldin (5 yards): This third-series snafu resulted in a second-and-11 situation and eventual punt.
2. Delay of game, Colin Kepernick (5 yards): One play after Boldin's error, the 49ers failed to get the snap off in time on third-and-11. Surprisingly, this was their only delay-of-game call all night.
3. Pass interference, Carlos Rogers (7 yards): Russell Wilson was 0-of-5 when he started the Seahawks' third series with a short pass to Sidney Rice when Rogers interfered.
4. Holding, Bruce Miller (4 yards): Miller tackled Malcolm Smith to the ground in the end zone to result in a safety and a 2-0 deficit.
5. Holding, Tramaine Brock (0 yards): Called for three special-teams penalties last week, Brock committed a hold on a second-quarter punt return that ended the first half.
6. Face mask, Ahmad Brooks (10 yards): Russell Wilson had conceded an 8-yard sack when Brooks' hand met Wilson's facemask. "I didn't mean it," Brooks said afterward.
7. False start, Mike Iupati (5 yards): Two snaps after getting plowed over, Iupati committed a false start. The 49ers have six false-start penalties through two games.
8. Pass interference, Nnamdi Asomugha (40 yards): Asomugha ran with Golden Tate down the right sideline without looking back for the football before it was too late.
9. Unnecessary roughness, Aldon Smith (14 yards): The 49ers' frustrations became evident by this point, when Smith slapped a Seahawks helmet after a 15-yard completion. Smith, who had two sacks, tackled Wilson for a 3-yard loss on the next play.
10. Unsportsmanlike conduct, Vance McDonald (15 yards): The rookie tight end lost his cool and shoved linebacker K.J. Wright after a fourth-quarter play.
11. Holding, Perrish Cox (10 yards): Trailing by 19 points with 5:13 left, Cox held on a punt return and the 49ers' final series started at their 13-yard line.
12. Unnecessary roughness, Anthony Davis (6 yards): Davis capped off the line's miserable night with a shove that he tried justifying later on Twitter: "The penalty. In physical combat/Oline play it's human nature to fight or flight when your backs against the wall. Never flight. Sue me."
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Sep 16, 2013 at 3:38 PM ]