There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Your Concerns And Issues Discussion And Poll

Your Concerns And Issues Discussion And Poll

IMO the biggest concerns going forward are the oline, and injurys in the front 7 on defense.

That depth to the dline is betting thin.

The Oline is not protecting well. They Just arent. Run blocking has been horrible.

Now Kaep had his worst game, and he was flushing from the pocket prematurely alot, not going through his progressions, not placing the ball on target, etc, but i dont see this game as a major concern long term. It will motivate him hopefully.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
IMO the biggest concerns going forward are the oline, and injurys in the front 7 on defense.

That depth to the dline is betting thin.

The Oline is not protecting well. They Just arent. Run blocking has been horrible.

Now Kaep had his worst game, and he was flushing from the pocket prematurely alot, not going through his progressions, not placing the ball on target, etc, but i dont see this game as a major concern long term. It will motivate him hopefully.

I think we need to stop being so damn fancy in the run game. Line it up, punish them.
I thought Kaep had plent of time to throw on numerous drop backs. WR's were being held
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,593
Originally posted by 951NINER:
I thought Kaep had plent of time to throw on numerous drop backs. WR's were being held

that stuff, even if true, had zero to do with how we played and the outcome in my opinion
I would have liked to know if Baldwin is up to speed. We sure could have used him last night. He's a big physical WR. Big target for Kaep. Kyle Williams sucks IMO. Too small and gets pushed around. I think we miss Delanie Walker a bit. Vernon goes out and no TE steps up. Where was McDonald? Celek?
Originally posted by 951NINER:
I would have liked to know if Baldwin is up to speed. We sure could have used him last night. He's a big physical WR. Big target for Kaep. Kyle Williams sucks IMO. Too small and gets pushed around. I think we miss Delanie Walker a bit. Vernon goes out and no TE steps up. Where was McDonald? Celek?

McDonald was out there but I guess he may have to help with blocking.
Originally posted by 951NINER:
I would have liked to know if Baldwin is up to speed. We sure could have used him last night. He's a big physical WR. Big target for Kaep. Kyle Williams sucks IMO. Too small and gets pushed around. I think we miss Delanie Walker a bit. Vernon goes out and no TE steps up. Where was McDonald? Celek?


You didn't see VMD truck Sherman while barely trying.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
I don't know how anybody can take an ass kicking like this in stride, like it's no big deal. This was a huge deal. That is why it was on Sunday Night Football. This was to prove who the best team in the NFC west is (possibly the NFC), and we were out-coached and out-played in every facet.


Spot on !!


Yeah, as an irrational fan it was embarrassing, but it has to be embarrassing also for the coaches and players. At least I hope it is. A hard-fought game that you lose by 7 or even 10 points...okay, you can live with that. But to go up there just a few games removed from the last time you there, and get outplayed, outcoached, and blown out AGAIN? I know, it's just one 'L' in the standings, but just feels a lot worse than that.
I think the OL is the biggest problem right now. They just aren't effectively run blocking.
Originally posted by kray28:
I think the OL is the biggest problem right now. They just aren't effectively run blocking.

we didn't go from great running to s**t over a few months with 0 personnel changes....its the play calls, formations, and scheme
Originally posted by jreff22:
we didn't go from great running to s**t over a few months with 0 personnel changes....its the play calls, formations, and scheme

Just calling it like I see it. They are getting no surge, no push, and they're getting their butts kicked. What happened last year is all nice and good...it's not happening now.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by jreff22:
we didn't go from great running to s**t over a few months with 0 personnel changes....its the play calls, formations, and scheme

Just calling it like I see it. They are getting no surge, no push, and they're getting their butts kicked. What happened last year is all nice and good...it's not happening now.
Its not just last year, we have been very good at running for YEARS. I get your point but we couldn't just fall off the map like this for no reason.
I think we may need to cut back on drafting hurt players, we need the depth and help now.
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
I would have liked to know if Baldwin is up to speed. We sure could have used him last night. He's a big physical WR. Big target for Kaep. Kyle Williams sucks IMO. Too small and gets pushed around. I think we miss Delanie Walker a bit. Vernon goes out and no TE steps up. Where was McDonald? Celek?


You didn't see VMD truck Sherman while barely trying.

That was NICE!!!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Its not just last year, we have been very good at running for YEARS. I get your point but we couldn't just fall off the map like this for no reason.

If they been listening to all of the media calling them the best o line in the game, they might have slacked off. Happens all the time in sports. They might not have their heads in the game. Goodwin has always been wack. And Bruce Miller is blocking like garbage. Defenses spent all off season focusing on stopping the niners run game. Maybe they worked harder.

And I agree bout the drafting hurt players. They really need Tank and Dial right now. We talked about rotating more guys in to give the d line breathers, but so far the depth just isn't there. I think the cowboy is at a point where he really needs some snaps off to be fresh in the 4th quarter.