LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Your Concerns And Issues Discussion And Poll

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Your Concerns And Issues Discussion And Poll

It's the second game of the season people. No reason to worry. Trust me. It's a LONG season. We get the Seahags in our place in December. Imagine what will happen then?
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea the oline and offensive play calling are the issue. Instead of the pistol being a element of the offense, its become the basis of the offense. No holes at all in the running game. All the creativity in the run game is gone. No tosses or sweeps. No screen plays either. And you can't run any effective play action. Davis got abused tonight.

All true. They need to reintroduce the variety in the run game pronto.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
It's the second game of the season people. No reason to worry. Trust me. It's a LONG season. We get the Seahags in our place in December. Imagine what will happen then?

They injure more of our players and win 35-3.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
And who the hell made Bruce Miller the focus of our offense??

I was thinking the same thing. He may have good hands for a DE, but an offensive weapon he is not.
Biggest issue is that we lost composure. Think that's a leadership problem. Probably starts with coaching, with Kap getting some of the blame as well. Good thing is that this is only game 2. Sometimes it takes a good kick in the ass to turn it around. Lets see what happens from here.
Originally posted by Rascal:
If you are referring to this game, then I think you need to add an "everything" option.

No

A couple of issues started to show up against Green Bay.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
This is why the 49ers lost tonight...

We good?

Was "noise" blocking for gore or Kap? We lost because Seattle OWNS OUR O-LINE. PERIOD! !!
Originally posted by robniner:
And there's the coaching.

Former NFL head coach Eric Mangini, in his first season with San Francisco, is listed on the 49ers' staff as a "senior offensive consultant." Up to now, though, it's been difficult to determine what exactly his role is for games.

According to offensive coordinator Greg Roman, Mangini was heavily involved in game plan preparation and has made his presence known on game day as well.

"He's been great," said offensive coordinator Greg Roman. "Very, very thorough work put in on us and the opponent. He contributed to the game plan last week, as he will every week.

Wow I can't wait to see how he uses Bruce Miller next week.
this just proves you can't beat the noise. The game started off great, the defensive gameplan was perfect! But if nobody can get open on offense then there's no point in passing. Crabtree is needed badly, and I'm not totally against playing Baldwin against these guys. This team needs to get back to a power run game, Kap is obviously not ready yet to handle the workload against SEA. and if Reid is out for an extended time then perhaps we need to give Kerry Rhodes a call.
There are fans thinking Gore has lost a step.

That's the line folks.

Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
This is why the 49ers lost tonight...

We good?

Was "noise" blocking for gore or Kap? We lost because Seattle OWNS OUR O-LINE. PERIOD! !!

Sigh.

I'll just repeat this again I guess.

Yes, the Hawks are a good team. That is not a secret. But the 49ers offense under Harbaugh & Roman makes its money off of pre-snap adjustments at the line, audibling into the second play called in the huddle (KILL KILL KILL!), and executing motion before the snap to create mismatches.

The 49ers CANNOT DO THAT CONSISTENTLY in an environment like Seattle. They simply can't hear all the calls. It simplifies the entire offense and makes us look very vanilla.

It's pretty damn simple. I don't know why fans can't see that after watching this team for two years in this offense. Yes, Seattle is good, but I think we beat them at Candlestick 8 times out of 10 if everyone is healthy.

But yea, Seattle is good. I'm just not gonna worry until they either blow us out at home or we have to play them in Seattle in the playoffs. It is what it is
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea the oline and offensive play calling are the issue. Instead of the pistol being a element of the offense, its become the basis of the offense. No holes at all in the running game. All the creativity in the run game is gone. No tosses or sweeps. No screen plays either. And you can't run any effective play action. Davis got abused tonight.

This x1000 our run game used to keep everyone off balance now we run a few versions read option.
What I dont understand that's easily preventable are the penalties. That's on coaching. Thought I was watching the Raiders play with all those yellow flags. Football is a game of execution, not passion
Thank goodness it's only week 2! Remember how everyone panicked after the Giants beat us down...?! I have confidence that we will adjust.
I do not know if we are experimenting with plays never used in the playbook before.
Share 49ersWebzone