There are 198 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ian Williams injury

Originally posted by SFrush:
I was worried it was a knee injury. A broken ankle shouldn't end his season.

Hunter broke his ankle as well last season and look how long his recovery took? Williams is done for the season.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 15, 2013 at 7:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Hunter broke his ankle as well last season and look how long his recovery took? Williams is done for the season.

Hunter tore his achilles. Williams is probably done until the playoffs.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Is it legal to chop block an engaged defender? Pretty sure that was a penalty. Can't say dirty really but a penalty yes. Remember gore getting that called against Baltimore that called back ginns td.

You are right. Can't chop an engaged defender. Should have been a penalty.

Not a dirty play though. As an OL, it can be hard to read that. Your assignment is to reach and chop the guy before he get's away from you. But if the guy next to you isn't on the same page and engages the guy you are supposed to chop, you have to make a split second adjustment and use a different technique.

Should have been a penalty.
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
Not a dirty play..

Legal but still not kosher. I take it you are an old O-line. As an old D-lineman, that type of block always pissed me off.
More bad news for Ian placed on PuP and possibly can start the season on it, sucks i really wanted to see him out there this summer

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
More bad news for Ian placed on PuP and possibly can start the season on it, sucks i really wanted to see him out there this summer

Hmm that isn't good. That means Dorsey is our only NT? I guess Dial better show up...

Looks like he isn't recovering as good as they would like or it is worse than we thought. Hopefully he will be back when he is 100%
Anyone have anymore info?
The silver lining is that they'll be able to keep one more player during the cuts... Maybe Okoye makes it
This is simply a procedural thing at this point.
Sucks, but saw this coming
[ Edited by JimHarbaugh on Jul 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM ]
Not a surprise, but I was hoping to have Williams and Dorsey platooning through the game and being a major force at the end of the games and fresh as the season progressed towards the playoffs.
From what he was saying a month or so ago, he was getting stronger daily. But he's had 4 surgeries and there was ligament damage along with the break, so I think it was to be expected. The good news is that he should continue to get more strength in that leg/ankle and maybe he's back to 100% by mid season. Dial has a chance to prove his worth now
Oh and f*ck Sweezy
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jul 18, 2014 at 8:37 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:

Looks like he isn't recovering as good as they would like or it is worse than we thought. Hopefully he will be back when he is 100%

I'm a bit scared. Michael Carter had a similar injury - ligament damage and no broken bones, and he retired that year. My hope is that science has advanced since Michaels injury so we can save a good part of Ian ' s career.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
From what he was saying a month or so ago, he was getting stronger daily. But he's had 4 surgeries and there was ligament damage along with the break, so I think it was to be expected. The good news is that he should continue to get more strength in that leg/ankle and maybe he's back to 100% by mid season. Dial has a chance to prove his worth now
Oh and f*ck Sweezy

One of the posters said he hoped Sweeny gets the karma he deserves. I totally agree and approve if that dirty player is on the wrong end of one of those dirty blocks. Seadderall has injured so many of our players. I think they should be investigated for giving bounties.