There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Matthews fined $15,000 for hit on Kap

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
Am I the only one seeing an identity change since Harbaugh? Not just a culture of winning, but the 49ers are becoming the black sheep of the NFL. For better or worse we were the golden child of the NFL under the Walsh empire.

Now it appears we not only have to beat other teams, we have to beat the league's subjective bias when it comes to officiating.

I think due to Harbaughs loud and proud type attitude we have been falsely identified as the bad boys in the NFL along with other bad media that is total b******t Kap's tats etc. Yet we still haven't really done anything wrong to deserve the bad image. But when your the best in the league everyone wants to cut you down.
Honestly, who cares? Let's move on, the guy doesn't deserve our attention.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
You cannot hate that he's exercising his right to appeal.

he knows it was a b***h move hitting kap out of bounds. he doubled down on his b***h move with this s**t. there for he is a b***h! haha
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Roughing the passer draws an automatic fine. As do personal fouls, I'm pretty sure they even have to fine Staley.

probably not. league said afterwards that his penalty was bs. all fineable instances are reviewed
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I think due to Harbaughs loud and proud type attitude we have been falsely identified as the bad boys in the NFL along with other bad media that is total b******t Kap's tats etc. Yet we still haven't really done anything wrong to deserve the bad image. But when your the best in the league everyone wants to cut you down.

When Walsh rose to prominence with the 49ers, the landscape was very different. ESPN had just started up, and sports marketing was a lot more fragmented and regional.

At the end of the 49er dynasty (circa 2002...I include the Garcia/Mooch years at the end of the dynasty)...ESPN had taken over how the league was marketed, and pushed heavy coverage of the NY teams, the Patsies, the Cowboys, Packers, and Steelers etc. The Niners did not get this "most favored nation" status, and still do not have it now. If you notice a theme...all the teams are Eastern Seaboard or Midwest. None of the West teams get any coverage.
[ Edited by kray28 on Sep 14, 2013 at 9:55 AM ]
Weaksauce.
Who has the gif of clay getting pancaked in the playoffs?
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

It's really odd because I think basically all of our players are high character guys with little or no off field controversy.