There are 192 users in the forums

Matthews fined $15,000 for hit on Kap

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lol premeditated cheap shot and all he gets is a $15,000 fine. At his salary thats like $15 to him. Way to go NFL for protecting your players.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Brooks & Boldin fined also but don't know how much. WTF for may I ask.

Okay here's the kicker. Brooks got fined for his roughing the passer penalty on Aaron Rogers. Really?? It was like a little tiny shove in the back after he'd thrown the ball, that is so freaking gay.

But it's Aaron Rodgers, not CK.

Sad, but looks like the good old boys are still around.
Football is way too lenient when it comes to dishing out these fines and penalties. Two Jets players ejected last night with less than a minute to play. Big deal. How about sitting them down for a half in week's game? Same with Matthews. Sit out for a quarter, a half, or a determined amount of series in the game for clothes lining out of bounds. Penalty box type of system like in hockey. The money these guys end up forfeiting in fines is nothing in comparison to their salaries.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Packers OLB Clay Matthews plans to appeal the $15,000 fine for his hit on Colin Kaepernick, per source.

Hey Matthews, watch our rookie, Reid demonstrate legal hits according to the NFL: http://www.nflevolution.com/article/nfl%27s-dean-blandino-offers-examples-of-illegal-hits-after-week-1?ref=0ap1000000243662&campaign=Ext_Email_AdHoc_0913_DeanB
Only 15k for taking a good shot at ending the season of a star QB? Pfft, you know teams will see that and won't hesitate to make a couple of those and consider it a good use of their money.
wicked cheap shot at a QB out of bounds = same $ as wearing the wrong socks

so stupid
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 2m 49ers RG Alex Boone on the fine he would levy on Packers Clay Matthews: "Probably just punch him in the face. I don't want his money."

I think since he was talking about hitting him, then hitting him very late, that should be consider targeting and it should be atleast double. Then another fine for his two punches.
Brooks & Boldin fined also but don't know how much. WTF for may I ask.

Okay here's the kicker. Brooks got fined for his roughing the passer penalty on Aaron Rogers. Really?? It was like a little tiny shove in the back after he'd thrown the ball, that is so freaking gay.

Embarrassing. The NFL is so inconsistent with their disciplinary actions.

Originally posted by real9erfan:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 2m 49ers RG Alex Boone on the fine he would levy on Packers Clay Matthews: "Probably just punch him in the face. I don't want his money."

LMAO what a great response. Boone is the man.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Probably would of gotten fined a lot more if he wore the wrong color cleats.

Yeah, what bologna. Gore got a $10,500 fine last year for having his socks too low, but hitting a player out of bounds with a near clothesline tackle that could have easily injured him badly - that's just $4500 more.
[ Edited by 49erphan on Sep 13, 2013 at 3:23 PM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
The NFL, like that fine is a friggin joke.

As others have pointed out, this fine was in the realm of dress code violation BS that the league has long been famous for.

I love the game, but I can't stand the NFL.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by real9erfan:

I've always liked Alex Boone.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
If it was Brady/Manning, the fine probably would have been significantly higher.
Share 49ersWebzone