There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Matthews fined $15,000 for hit on Kap

Originally posted by ninerjok:
Brooks & Boldin fined also but don't know how much. WTF for may I ask.

Okay here's the kicker. Brooks got fined for his roughing the passer penalty on Aaron Rogers. Really?? It was like a little tiny shove in the back after he'd thrown the ball, that is so freaking gay.

But it's Aaron Rodgers, not CK.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Okay here's the kicker. Brooks got fined for his roughing the passer penalty on Aaron Rogers. Really?? It was like a little tiny shove in the back after he'd thrown the ball, that is so freaking gay.

But it's Aaron Rodgers, not CK.

National Female League

Roughing the passer draws an automatic fine. As do personal fouls, I'm pretty sure they even have to fine Staley.
[ Edited by threelittlebirds on Sep 13, 2013 at 12:53 PM ]
Good, that's what I was waiting for.
15K! That's shoe money!

BTW, where does all that fine money end up and what is it used for?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Adam Schefter: NFL fined Packers LB Clay Matthews $15,000 for hitting 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick out of bounds.14 minutes ago

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/matthews-fined-15000-brooks-boldin-also-finedfin

Should have been more than that PLUS suspended for one game for attempting to injure a player.
What Boldin get fined for? 200 yards receiving.

Racist NFL, if Mathews was black and/or Kaep was white, it would be a different story.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
$15K ? And Suh gets $100K ? That's just BS !!

I think the Matthews got away with punching and slapping Staley. His fine should have been higher.

But, Suh needs to control himself. He is constantly taking cheap shots at other players.
Both current and former players are openly calling for Suh to stop his crap.
The union head has said players cannot be threatening the livelihoods of their co-workers.

If you have ever played the game, you know his antics are way out of line.

Suh is not listening. He still insists that he will not change the way the plays.

That 100K was his last warning.

If Suh is not smart enough to change his game, he will end up being suspended for 6-8 games--and maybe longer.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
15K! That's shoe money!

BTW, where does all that fine money end up and what is it used for?

It goes to charity.

Also, Brooks was fined over 12,000 for the roughing the passer, and Boldin fined 7,500 for the late hit. Somehow flying through the air and tackling an opposing QB by the neck out of bounds after you talked about hurting him on purpose is only worth 3,000 more than a basic roughing the passer play.

Brooks $12,750

Boldin: $7,875
(That there is effing bullshat because the penalty WAS NOT CALLED; his ass was getting held by a defender and that was not called!)

If a penalty that was not called is resulting in a fine, then Matthews taunting should be fined in addition to the fine assessed to him on Kaep.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
It goes to charity.

Also, Brooks was fined over 12,000 for the roughing the passer, and Boldin fined 7,500 for the late hit. Somehow flying through the air and tackling an opposing QB by the neck out of bounds after you talked about hurting him on purpose is only worth 3,000 more than a basic roughing the passer play.

It was less than $3,000 difference.

Matthews should have been hit much harder than Brooks.

Punching Staley should have brought another fine.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Packers OLB Clay Matthews plans to appeal the $15,000 fine for his hit on Colin Kaepernick, per source.
  • buck
  • Veteran
The hit administered by Boldin was wicked--and it occurred after Matthews hit Kaepernick.

Boldin was protecting his quarterback--it was obvious that was his intent. Good for him.

I doubt he will even appeal the fine.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Roughing the passer draws an automatic fine. As do personal fouls, I'm pretty sure they even have to fine Staley.

Staley did nothing wrong. The penalty was a bad call.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
not fair, not fair!!!
So Matthews comes out earlier in the week and TELLS everyone he's going to target Kap...and he follows through and Late hits him and the league slaps him on the wrist?