LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

Baldwins possible debut this Sunday ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by real9erfan:
I feel like something is not right with our receiver coaching. Why do we take so long to "develop" receivers into at least active status on Sundays? I would rather have Baldwin out there than Moore. I understand he may not yet have a full grasp of our complicated playbook, but until when do we wait for a receiver to have a full grasp? While I realize that Baldwin hasn't lived up to his first round expectations, Moore has hardly done anything in the NFL, and Baldwin definitely has more talent.
been a problem for a very very long time
Originally posted by jreff22:
I feel like something is not right with our receiver coaching. Why do we take so long to "develop" receivers into at least active status on Sundays? I would rather have Baldwin out there than Moore. I understand he may not yet have a full grasp of our complicated playbook, but until when do we wait for a receiver to have a full grasp? While I realize that Baldwin hasn't lived up to his first round expectations, Moore has hardly done anything in the NFL, and Baldwin definitely has more talent.
Moore play special teams too. We also seem to redshirt our young Wr's. While other teams get those young guys playing time(see Ravens) .

Yes it has, and you would think they would change something by now.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Moore play special teams too. We also seem to redshirt our young Wr's. While other teams get those young guys playing time(see Ravens) .

We don't redshirt. Aj didn't play because he wasn't good.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

I'm kind of tired of the coaching staff just wanting to activate players who can also play special teams. I feel like this comes at the cost of benching more talented players. And yes, we do seam to redshirt young WR's, but that only makes sense if you have great depth at the position. Moreover, Baldwin is not a rookie. He's in his 3rd year and has NFL experience. Last Sunday I even saw Carolina effectively use Ted Ginn's speed, as he caught a long TD pass from Newton. That never seemed to work for us for some reason.
We definitely need to use more 4 WR sets. Boldin, Williams, Patton, Baldwin, and Davis on the field together would cause a lot of problems for the defense. Not a fan of Moore, don't see what he brings to the team. Crabtree's injury hurt us a lot more than we thought it would.
I hope when LMJ returns he's not on the inactive list. They HAVE to find a way to use his speed on the field.
When I saw Ray Sherman with the Cowboys years ago I wondered why the hell he wasn't with us. We need real WR coaches to right this mess then we need to use the WRs we have
Baldwin caught 20 some odd balls last year. Why can't he catch some for us?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Yeah, he has starting experience, no reason he can't get PT with us.
I hope he is just studying the playbook and getting his reps in to get chemistry with Kap........and NOT Losing confidence on the sidelines, because he is not even suiting up. He started for the Chiefs and always suited up at least...now i'm sure he is just second guessing himself, which is not good for a WR when they do get on the field.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM ]

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Yeah, he has starting experience, no reason he can't get PT with us.

You know it's a whole lot easier to catch passes in garbage time, which started in the 3rd qtr for the Chiefs last season.
I think if Baldwin played last Sunday, we beat the Seahawks
Share 49ersWebzone