There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Baldwins possible debut this Sunday ?

Baldwin is at the bottom of the depth chart. I wouldn't expect his debut coming anytime soon.
Yes. He's going to be better at beating press man. I'd prefer his size in run blocking. Let's be honest Browner and Sherman are going to rip off KW, Moore, and Patton. I mean we traded for this guy so I assume we want to.utilize him. This game seems to suited for his strengths. I see no reason outside of the typical arguments not to give him at least 5 snaps. he may even be able to make a couple of catches.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Yes. He's going to be better at beating press man. I'd prefer his size in run blocking. Let's be honest Browner and Sherman are going to rip off KW, Moore, and Patton. I mean we traded for this guy so I assume we want to.utilize him. This game seems to suited for his strengths. I see no reason outside of the typical arguments not to give him at least 5 snaps. he may even be able to make a couple of catches.

Browner wont be playing.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Browner wont be playing.

I know he hasn't practiced but I have yet to see a confirmation that he wont be playing. I suppose it should be obvious but I wont believe it till the game starts. You can't forget about Chancellor either. He's a giant too but then again he wont be in man coverage unless he's covering a TE. I just think that between Baldin/Boldin, KW/Moore/Patton in the slot, and Mcdonald/Davis at TE we should be able to give the size of Seattles secondary some problem especially when it comes to run blocking,
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 13, 2013 at 8:33 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
I know he hasn't practiced but I have yet to see a confirmation that he wont be playing. I suppose it should be obvious but I wont believe it till the game starts. You can't forget about Chancellor either. He's a giant too.

Im sorry bad choice of words but usually when they're listed as doubtful on the injury report they aren't playing. Im not forgetting Chancellor either but Seattle is going to need there Safeties for Boldin and Davis IMO.
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Sep 13, 2013 at 8:36 PM ]
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,932
yeah, let's get excited about a guy that was traded for AJ freakin Jenkins.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
I don't wanna be the debbie downer here but in 2011 when Boldin was with the Ravens Sherman held him to 2 catches for 22 yards. We will need someone to set up and make plays on offense Sunday.

Who was calling the offense for them? Oh yeah, that same retard who got s**t-canned, and after he was gone, the Ravens, and especially Boldin, went on an absolute tear.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Moore has to show more than what he did last game. Not sure Baldwin can't eventually supplant him. Baldwin has more career catches as well just no off season with us under his belt

he barely played, try not to judge people from one game. all of the balls got tossed to Q, because he was on fire. kaep didnt throw mostly to boldin because he HAD to, but because it was just so goddamn easy
Originally posted by SFrush:
Baldwin is at the bottom of the depth chart. I wouldn't expect his debut coming anytime soon.


I do, if size is called for red zone situations.We will soon find out if after the start of the game if our small guys are being banged to bits.
Dude.
The Chiefs voluntarily traded this guy away for no more than one used A.J Jenkins.
Let that one sink in for a minute.
I doubt it. The 49ers are strictly meritocracy. Baldwin will need to start playing great in practice to force himself up the depth chart, they won't just give it to him because he is bigger than Kyle and Patton.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
I doubt it. The 49ers are strictly meritocracy. Baldwin will need to start playing great in practice to force himself up the depth chart, they won't just give it to him because he is bigger than Kyle and Patton.

Good point.
Originally posted by captain_planet:
Dude.
The Chiefs voluntarily traded this guy away for no more than one used A.J Jenkins.
Let that one sink in for a minute.


You have to give any new guy a chance not to mention we are actually paying him. At the very least he has caught balls for us, is up to us whether we want to develop him or just pay him to sit on the bench until the end of the season before we cut him. I would say the former definitely makes far more sense.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,023
I doubt Baldwin will be active, but I do not know.

If he has earned it in practice, he will be active.

If he has not earned it in practice, he will not be active.

We will find out soon.
Originally posted by xtm059:
he barely played, try not to judge people from one game. all of the balls got tossed to Q, because he was on fire. kaep didnt throw mostly to boldin because he HAD to, but because it was just so goddamn easy

The same can be said about Baldwin except a greater degree. He hasn't even played a regular season snap. I mean seriously why trade.for a guy you don't intend on using? Because of Jenkins? What does that even mean?