LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Baldwins possible debut this Sunday ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With big DB's I think you go the opposite and have the shifty fast receivers in the plan.
he'll be inactive again
Alex Baldwin could play?

Cooool.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Alex Baldwin could play?

Cooool.

You mean Alec?
What would we play him for? He sucks.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What would we play him for? He sucks.

Don't see him playing a role at all this season. Maybe next year if we lose a couple guys in FA and he improves his game.
Within the rules, their corners can't handle fast and quick in and out of breaks wide receivers, such as the likes of Wes Welker, Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, desean jackson etc. So the logical way to beat their corners is to have shifty fast receivers on your squad.

The problem is, their corners CAN and DO handle any type of receiver BECAUSE they are allowed to hold and pass interfere nearly every play for whatever reason.

I could be a pretty good corner in the league too if I were allowed to ride guys jerseys all the way down the field.

There is a reason Sherman was mediocre in college, and now suddenly an all star in the pros. PED's and legal PI's are his best friends.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Alex Baldwin could play?

Cooool.

You mean Alec?

lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Alex Baldwin could play?

Cooool.

You mean Alec?

Doh!!!
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 16to87:
Much rather have shifty and sure handed Patton play vs Baldwins brick hands

agree. always look for a football player first.

Alex Baldwin could play?

Cooool.

You mean Alec?

Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
Originally posted by stunder49:
patrick willis should just play WR and have the sole purpose of hitting sherman every play.

THIS !!!

This

I'd pay to see that s**t
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
boldin will fix his ass. this is the first time we play them with a savvy vet receiver who has some attitude. id love to see sherman try to get cute with boldin on the line. baldwin and harper should get a few snaps blocking for the run or something to beat up their db's a little bit.

I don't wanna be the debbie downer here but in 2011 when Boldin was with the Ravens Sherman held him to 2 catches for 22 yards. We will need someone to set up and make plays on offense Sunday.
The Seahawk corners mug the receiver at the line of scrimmage. Smallish receivers are pushed to the ground and out of the play. If you get physical with Boldin he'll knock you down and get open. The same goes with Vernon. Baldwin could be effective.
lets be honest, this is the last game we would ever want to see Baldwin in. He is our most inconsistent receiver. Just cause the color of his uniform changed doesnt mean his hands and focus all of a sudden became great.

Stick to the receivers we got, the ones who have demonstrated trust with the QB.
Share 49ersWebzone