There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Baldwins possible debut this Sunday ?

Hear me out :

Even before all the hype Seattle got with their aggressive and physical Corners, It has always been Harbaugh's and Trent's desire to have big physical receivers.
In previous years, what receivers did the 9ers have that would go toe to toe with their DB's ? only one would be Moss but even that wasn't enough.

Look for Baldwin and Bolden to be on the field together to both handle the starting DB's while the big game comes from either K. Williams, Patton or Hunter/Gore.
Much rather have shifty and sure handed Patton play vs Baldwins brick hands
wont matter much if he plays or not.
patrick willis should just play WR and have the sole purpose of hitting sherman every play.
"Come at him bro!"

He better know the offense first. Seattle isn't the place to start a guy that doesn't know the play, runs the wrong route and let's a kap pass get picked.
his hands arent that bad but i dont know if throwin a guy whos been in the offense a couple weeks in against seattle at home is a good idea. maybe for a few plays that he knows but not extensively
We need someone who is fast and gets in and out of their breaks quickly. Sherman and co are going to hold regardless and get away with it.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
We need someone who is fast and gets in and out of their breaks quickly. Sherman and co are going to hold regardless and get away with it.

boldin will fix his ass. this is the first time we play them with a savvy vet receiver who has some attitude. id love to see sherman try to get cute with boldin on the line. baldwin and harper should get a few snaps blocking for the run or something to beat up their db's a little bit.
I thought this would a great game to use Baldwin in, but am unsure how much he knows of the offense and in an environment that will be difficult to communicate in, I just don't see him making positive strides.

What I can see happening is Davis either motioning to the outside position or just linin in at WR. He would be a great matchup for Sherman. Davis is getting better at using his body and I'm sure while practicing at WR this preseason that Boldin was giving him some pointers.

This would allow us to keep McDonald close to the LOS and use Boldin, Patton, and Williams in the slot or opposite of Sherman.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
No way Baldwin dresses. Boldin, Patton, Williams, and Moore are gonna be out there.
BOLDIN PATTON VANCE VERNON BALDWIN

Hey, Baldwin doesn't have to know the playbook, he just goes out there and busts one of the CBs each play.
Originally posted by stunder49:
patrick willis should just play WR and have the sole purpose of hitting sherman every play.

THIS !!!
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:

THIS !!!

This

I second that notion.....
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home