There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The All-22: Anquan Boldin's full range of intagibles already on display in San Francisco

I love the guy's intensity. I remember thinking while I was watching him in the playoffs that we had a receiver that played like him. A physical receiver that fights for the ball. If only Delanie Walker had good hands.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by YoungWifey:
I love the guy's intensity. I remember thinking while I was watching him in the playoffs that we had a receiver that played like him. A physical receiver that fights for the ball. If only Delanie Walker had good hands.

pffft. even if DWalk had better hands, he'd be nowhere near the warrior Boldin is. Boldin didn't miss a game when he broke his jaw. DWalk on the other hand....
Brian, until the SB, I just thot Anquan was a good receiver. Wow, what an education the SB was. How in the world we got him is a puzzlement. Probably he is as happy to be here as we are to have him. The shell of a SB team in Raven's land was going nowhere, and will be going there a long time. I betcha he looked at the niners and saw another SB win coming up.

Some other intangibles, were that when we needed that 1st down in 4th Qtr, he was doubled, pushed off, and got the pass. That is something our guys didn't do against SEA....the other thing was the push was really quick and hard to see....refs didn't....and that is the kind of thing we are going to need sunday nite. Also, the guy is TOUGH....better yet, a really good team man.
boldin would be way closer to the top all time receivers if he wasnt used wrong in baltimore. his numbers with warner were awesome. baltimore used him on deep passes only, boldin is good everywhere on the field and kap and harbaugh seem to understand that. i look for boldin to have a huge year. his leadership and toughness are infectious. this years niner team will be tougher than last years just by injecting boldin's attitude into the locker room
Actually, I look for him to have a great game Sunday, with his patented 3rd down, on the Out of Bounds, and first down marker, jumpball catch. He made that catch against us every time he was used by the RAvens....and SEA hasn't seen kap throw that pass yet. It gets unleashed Sunday nite.
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for outside4949.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
At the time Kap read the play, the safety was biting down on the play, so Patton had three guys around him. Boldin was running a corner with what looked like one guy behind him, but then the safety came back to make it look like much stronger coverage than when the decision to throw was made. Kap made the right decision.

THIS!
I know this isn't related to this thread but how does one get the All-22 angle(coaches film)? I really enjoy watching that angle much more than any other but I can't find full games from it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mod:
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Coaches film for this play.

After watching that I have no idea why Kap threw it to Boldin and not Patton...

No kidding.

Double covered vs. throwing to receiver in stride.
Originally posted by mod:
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Coaches film for this play.

After watching that I have no idea why Kap threw it to Boldin and not Patton...

Obvious answer, he isn't perfect. In addition to that he has the arrogance of youth, which means he doesn't believe that he can be stopped. This is just a guess on my part, but I believe that if we had access to coaches film when it was Montana/Rice or Young/Rice we would see that those QBs had easier options than the tough and spectacular pass that they completed to Jerry. There were a lot of tough passes to Jerry and I bet if we dissected the film we might have seen that the QB had an easier pass to say... Taylor or Jones.

My point is... don't sweat the tough pass. Take joy in the fact that our rookie gave Kap a second option. That was why I posted the video. Kap didn't see it live, but he surely saw it on film and it will boost his confidence in Patton.
Originally posted by eonblue:
I know this isn't related to this thread but how does one get the All-22 angle(coaches film)? I really enjoy watching that angle much more than any other but I can't find full games from it.

NFL Rewind.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Patton is really open there. We got to start going to him. The only downside to Kaep is he finds his 1 favorite target and latches on massively. Crabtree last year. Boldin this year. He has to start learning how to see the entire field like Brady or Manning.

qualified to say this after 1 game