There are 445 users in the forums

Time for Kyle Williams to STEP UP?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by susweel:
change thread title to: Time for Kyle Williams to GTFO !!!
dafuq? he's the only sure handed PR we have. LMJ panics as the ball is coming down.

sure handed my ass, he gives me a heart attack every time he's back there.

No kidding me too, I'd rather have someone new back there fu*king up.
Step up on what? A stool so he can reach the football?
Kyle has done a decent job as far as a return guy. I cut him some slack because he is coming off an injury. But as far as a WR not so much, Patton is just a gifted talent that will not be held back for long. I know it seems like some people are just hyping this kid up but I know this young man is special.
By the time he can step up, he will be stepping to the side.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's a munchkin.
Originally posted by Albinorhino49:
Kyle has done a decent job as far as a return guy. I cut him some slack because he is coming off an injury. But as far as a WR not so much, Patton is just a gifted talent that will not be held back for long. I know it seems like some people are just hyping this kid up but I know this young man is special.

I think Patton exceeded the hype with his play in the preseason. Knowledge of the playbook is probably the only thing keeping him off the field. I just don't know what KW brings.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niner3030:
Originally posted by Albinorhino49:

I think Patton exceeded the hype with his play in the preseason. Knowledge of the playbook is probably the only thing keeping him off the field. I just don't know what KW brings.

Injuries to Crabs and Manningham is the only thing thats keeping Williams on the field.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM ]
is there any way we could work together some dark magic to get crabtree back
Some of you don't know what sure handed means. KW didn't fumble a punt during the catch. One hit his leg and the other was poked out while he was running. KW is sure handed when it comes to receiving the punt. let the past go
Originally posted by xtm059:

Manningham too. People forget that before the injury his play improved with Kap at QB.

Originally posted by xtm059:

I'm on it, all I need is your soul though, that coo?

Actually nvm, I just used it.
Here's hoping Patton or Baldwin steps up and allows Williams to concentrate on returns! Then the team will have a wonderful problem when Manningham and Crabtree come back!
Dear Kyle Williams ,
I was wondering if you can do your best Steve smith impersonation for say... The rest of the season .. Or at least flash some of talents that have kept you on the roster despite your costing us ring 6. Help us win a few clutch games and all will be forgiven.Thank you and have a good day
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Dear Kyle Williams ,
I was wondering if you can do your best Steve smith impersonation for say... The rest of the season .. Or at least flash some of talents that have kept you on the roster despite your costing us ring 6. Help us win a few clutch games and all will be forgiven.Thank you and have a good day

Oops, he just just dropped your letter.
The problem I have with Williams is that he plays scared. He's tentative out there and doesn't have the swagger of a big play guy. Prime example of this was his 16 yard reception toward the end of the 3rd quarter in week 1. He was split out left with a slot receiver to his right. When the two routes crossed and both Packers went with the slot receiver, Williams was wide open with only the FS 12 yards further down field between him and the endzone and Williams may have had the angle to just outrun him. The pass was perfectly thrown for him to catch it in stride, but what did he do? He caught it falling down and was touched down there for 0 YAC. (And no, he didn't trip, he just went down to secure the ball and avoid the hit that wasn't coming. Had he kept his feet, he easily had at least another 15-20 yards if not a TD.

In contrast, and yes, I know it was preseason, but Patton just seems to have this will to make the big play. I know he's young, but I'd really like to see him surpass Williams on the depth chart and get some opportunities.
Share 49ersWebzone