LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Time for Kyle Williams to STEP UP?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Play Patton.

This. Williams is going into his 3rd year and I've never seen more than one or two catches in any game.

4th year. Even worse.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Sunday, he will get 6 receptions for 83 and 2 scores.

That would be my bold projection for the year.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
In case you have't noticed, you soon will... people in here still let what happened 2 years ago cloud their judgement of him. Save your energy and ignore those people.

Let the dude do something, then we'll get on his bandwagon. As of right now his career is defined by those fumbles.

He's done more than any other receiver in our corps outside of Boldin. I like Patton more and he'll be better one day, but right now KW is the second-most experienced WR on our team.
He's a slot not a 2.
In case you have't noticed, you soon will... people in here still let what happened 2 years ago cloud their judgement of him. Save your energy and ignore those people.

Let the dude do something, then we'll get on his bandwagon. As of right now his career is defined by those fumbles.

He's done more than any other receiver in our corps outside of Boldin. I like Patton more and he'll be better one day, but right now KW is the second-most experienced WR on our team.

Too bad that experience doesn't translate into talent on the field. I was hoping this would be the year he'd get cut, would rather have Hawkins or Jacobs.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
He's a slot not a 2.

dis 2 thuh tee
Time for someone to step up. I want a consisten no. 2 behind boldin before rio and crabs come back
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Too bad that experience doesn't translate into talent on the field. I was hoping this would be the year he'd get cut, would rather have Hawkins or Jacobs.

Oh Jacobs and Hawkins showed so much playing against third stringers and players who got cut. The fact is experience is the only thing we can go on at the moment since Moore hasn't shown us ANYTHING yet and Patton has made a few nice plays in a couple preseason games.

There's a reason why KW is getting snaps now and it's because of his familiarity with the offense and his rapport with Kap. Maybe (and I hope) Patton takes over at one point and KW moves to the slot, but we're stuck with what we have at the moment.
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Sep 12, 2013 at 10:26 PM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Amir:
dumbest thread ever.

I've seen dumber.

We could move Williams to safety?
im glad hes a Free agent next year

They need to just admit it and play Patton. Stop fooling around just because he is a rookie. His upside is way better than Kyle Williams. We know what we get in KW. A marginal #3 and a better #4. He's not a #2 and never will be.
Let me get this right. The guy has a very serious knee injury, misses the entire pre-season, plays one game where the only thing he does wrong as a reciever that I'm aware of is that he got overthrown once and didn't come away with the ball when he got underthrown on another long pass and he's a complete failure because he didn't dominate the Packers game?

He's really the team's #4 wide receiver. Do other teams have #4's who are routinely catching 5 passes a game for 100 yards and a score?
I expect a good contribution from both Williams and Patton, VD and Q will be locked up pretty tight this game.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by airbus:
Let me get this right. The guy has a very serious knee injury, misses the entire pre-season, plays one game where the only thing he does wrong as a reciever that I'm aware of is that he got overthrown once and didn't come away with the ball when he got underthrown on another long pass and he's a complete failure because he didn't dominate the Packers game?

He's really the team's #4 wide receiver. Do other teams have #4's who are routinely catching 5 passes a game for 100 yards and a score?

I think he must have pictures of Harbaugh and Baalke is the only reason I can think of why this guy is our #2.
Play Patton, he's too quick to be sitting on the bench. 49ers need to jump out to a lead to make the Squaks one dimensional. KW is a decent #3 but hes not a #2
Share 49ersWebzone