There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How did Ian Williams and Dorsey Do vs Pack?

Williams and Dorsey are vital this year but I didn't pay attention during the game. Williams as the starting NT and Dorsey giving Smith and others rest but with no room for drop off. How did they look? I think this is one of the big issues of the year considering how we ran out of gas last year, then got injured, and the tough competition we face now.

Input?
i honestly didn't see them on the field much. i know ian williams had nice penetration once and i know dorsey spelled justin smith for a series. much like soap last year, our NT's didn't see the field much because of the 3/4/5 WR sets the packers use
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i guess if we did not hear much about them . maybe that means they were respectable and did not make any major mistakes that led to major plays for the other team. with our lack of depth last year with the front 7, maybe thats a big plus
  • fryet
  • Veteran
What I read was that Ian started slow and then did well. Dorsey did not have a good game.
they did alright but Jerod-Eddie was getting pushed around.
Williams didnt play much because we were in nickel and dime packages. Only like 12 snaps according to maiocco
Dorsey was getting abused in the run game from what i remember. Whenever he spelled JS.
Well based on your remarks then it sounds like maybe our rotation doing "alright," and not even present on passing downs is not a very good thing.

We need some "really good" rotation for both passing and running downs.

So basically we've barely made any progress here unless Carradine is a wild card?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Ian Williams got push up the pocket at times and Glenn Dorsey did his best impersonation of Isaac Sopoaga, no push but controlled the B-gap.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
18 combined snaps between Williams and Dorsey. Should we hope they increase the amount or keep it around 20 a game? Granted this was against team that we spent the nickel and dime in a lot.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sfout:
18 combined snaps between Williams and Dorsey. Should we hope they increase the amount or keep it around 20 a game? Granted this was against team that we spent the nickel and dime in a lot.

I think their reps increase with Marshawn Lynch coming up.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by sfout:

I think their reps increase with Marshawn Lynch coming up.

Totally. I'll take GB's NT/DT rotation. Raji/Jolly/PIckett. There was nothing inside.
Not as good as Sopoaga did against the Redskins....
  • Disp
  • Veteran
I honestly don't even remember Williams being in there, but PFF graded him as our worst player despite only 10 snaps.

damn aldon 4.1 grade in pass rush
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home