There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My Mock Outlook to 2014 and 2015 Cap Wise

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Thanks, AB that clears a lot of things up.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
If he comes back 100% for 2014, he could see the tag. I am not saying this will happen, so those thiking I am crazy, thats cool. Just an estimate. I feel Kap and Aldon wont be selfish like others have tried in the past, T.O. rings a bell.

Gore is a 49er to the bone, he gets a few extra yrs, mentors Latti, then he retires. I dont take 1 game against him. He has the highest rushing total in 49ers history. I know stats came in late, but still. Brooks I don see cut, unless Lemonier shows up. And he wont unless Brooks gets hurt.

I dont understand why guys like Dorsey, Skuta, etc... Cant stay. If they help, we keep them. Same with Mario. Would rather have Boldin, Crabs, Mario and Patton as 1-4 then Moore and/or K.Williams in there. He is a 4 or 5th wr at best.

What evidence is there to indicate that Kap and Aldon won't go for max deals?

Aldon has already said that he thinks he is the best player in the entire national football league.

Kap is going to make less than Tony Romo? Joe Flacco? Matthew Stafford? Is Kap's agent going to snort crystal meth during the negotiations?
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM ]
Great work as always, AB.... Much appreciation for this breakdown...
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Gore needs to go. Sorry guys.

Not till Lattimore is ready

..............and if Lattimore doesn't make it back, RB is the easiest position to fill through the draft and the Niners have a boatload of picks.
Must agree with BrianGo on his last couple of posts, BUT that does not diminish the fine work you put into this, AB83.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
If he comes back 100% for 2014, he could see the tag. I am not saying this will happen, so those thiking I am crazy, thats cool. Just an estimate. I feel Kap and Aldon wont be selfish like others have tried in the past, T.O. rings a bell.

Gore is a 49er to the bone, he gets a few extra yrs, mentors Latti, then he retires. I dont take 1 game against him. He has the highest rushing total in 49ers history. I know stats came in late, but still. Brooks I don see cut, unless Lemonier shows up. And he wont unless Brooks gets hurt.

I dont understand why guys like Dorsey, Skuta, etc... Cant stay. If they help, we keep them. Same with Mario. Would rather have Boldin, Crabs, Mario and Patton as 1-4 then Moore and/or K.Williams in there. He is a 4 or 5th wr at best.

What evidence is there to indicate that Kap and Aldon won't go for max deals?

Aldon has already said that he thinks he is the best player in the entire national football league.

Kap is going to make less than Tony Romo? Joe Flacco? Matthew Stafford? Is Kap's agent going to snort crystal meth during the negotiations?

It's just my opinion. I can see it either way. But I see Kap differently. He may take he Rodgers route, shorter deal, more guarantees, then cash in again.

I didn't see where Aldon said that. I can understand his feelings, he is a top 5 Defensive player in the league. I feel as good, if not better than Clay, but I feel he will help us out to keep the young guys together.
  • eman
  • Veteran
I like everything except two main things AB

1. WR like RB should not be a position where we should spend a lot of money. I DONT agree we should franchise crabs. He is a great hands catcher and catches well in traffic but is not super fast or quick or one in a generation type player (ala Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones). Besides, Kap has sown a knack for making a receiver stand out. Look at Peyton Manning in indy, Tom Brady in NE and Drew Brees in NO. They manage to play with mid round receivers who fit into their scheme and they make them look great. I know just like DBs we will have boat loads of free agent WRs, but we should focus on resigning Anquan who would be a great mentor for future draft picks and less selfish compared to Crabs.

2. I hope i dont get killed for this but i dont think we should extend Iupati. now i love the guy, his pull blocks and how he is a road grader, but he simply sucks as a pass protector. If our aim with Kap is to turn him into an elite passer and make our team a bit less ground and pound, iupati will significantly lose his value. We have already wisely invested significant amount of money on Staley and Davis. Boone should be next to extend as he is a good run/pass blocker and great personality/ teammate who should not cost as much as Iupati and flying under national radar. If we extend iupati, we would be spending close to 20% of our team Cap space on our offensive line alone not counting center and boone!!!!

3. One bonus thought. Next year we will have Nnamdi Asomugha, Terrell Brown, Donte Whitner, Perish Cox, Eric Wright, Tramaine Brock will all be free agents. In addition, Carlos Rodgers will most likely be reduced or cut. That is 7 losses from the defensive backfield!!! We surely will need to extend some and get free agents!!!
[ Edited by eman on Sep 11, 2013 at 8:30 AM ]
Originally posted by eman:
I like everything except two main things AB

1. WR like RB should not be a position where we should spend a lot of money. I dont agree we should franchise crabs. He is a great hands catcher and catches well in traffic but is not super fast or quick or one in a generation type player (ala Calvin Johnson or Julio Jomes). Besides, Kap has sown a knack for making a receiver stand out. Look at Peyton Manning in indy, Tom Brady in NE and Drew Brees in NO. They manage to play with mid round receivers who fit into their scheme and they make them look great.

2. I hope i dont get killed for this but i dont think we should extend Iupati. now i love the guy, his pull blocks and how he is a road grader, but he simply sucks as a pass protector. If our aim with Kap is to turn him into an elite passer and make our team a bit less ground and pound, iupati will significantly lose his value. We have already wisely invested significant amount of money on Staley and Davis. Boone should be next to extend as he is a good run/pass blocker and great teammate who should not cost as much as Iupati. If we resign him, we would be spending close to 20% of our team Cap space on our offensive line alone not counting center and boone!!!!

3. One bonus thought. Next year we will have Nnamdi Asomugha, Terrell Brown, Donte Whitner, Perish Cox, Eric Wright, Tramaine Brock will all be free agents. In addition, Carlos Rodgers will most likely be reduced or cut. That is 7 losses from the defensive backfield!!! We surely will need to extend some and get free agents!!!

What I should of done is said I feel they will draft 2 high, and try and keep Nnamdi. I have Cox as a 1yr tender, and possibly extension depended on how well he plays. I assume he does, then it's a no brainer.

I do agree with WR and RB, however, I want Gore back for 3 years to really mentor the young guys more. 1 yr isnt enough for Lattimore. He wont play in 2013, and may not play a lot in 2014. So Gore must stay. He deserves to open 2014 in the new stadium.

I agree Crabs being tagged is unlikely, just wanted to let everyone know it's possible to get the main guys signed. Also Iupati would love to see him extended soon. Just need Boldin to step up and extension, and reduce base, to help with the bonus. I see a $7.5M bonus, with yearly $1M roster bonuses. Should do the trick. Maybe guarantee 2 years of roster bonuses, or 2 years of base salaries to help him out with Guarantees.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
thanks paraag

This, genius, AB! What about a Goodwin release for Kilgore? Looney backs him up (much, much better C than G) and we draft a good G.
Originally posted by NCommand:
thanks paraag

This, genius, AB! What about a Goodwin release for Kilgore? Looney backs him up (much, much better C than G) and we draft a good G.

Trade is needed, his salary is guaranteed now with the vested vet for being on week 1 roster. If we could get a trade partner, foreven a 7th, I know it seems like nothing, but it would save some major cash. The $1M guarantee he had goes with the new team.
thanks paraag

Trade is needed, his salary is guaranteed now with the vested vet for being on week 1 roster. If we could get a trade partner, foreven a 7th, I know it seems like nothing, but it would save some major cash. The $1M guarantee he had goes with the new team.

Thank you...I know many thought he could have been dropped this year so had to ask for next year.
thanks paraag

Thank you...I know many thought he could have been dropped this year so had to ask for next year.

No problem buddy. I am sure he isn't back for 2014. We need a replacement in 2014. Kilgore looked good, hoping he or Looney step up in 2014 offseason.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Thanks, AB that clears a lot of things up.

No problem, trying my best.
AB, I love the detailed analysis. I will echo some of what other people are saying.

1. You have Crabtree and Boldin for 2014. With Quinton Patton coming on strong, I simply do not see Manningham be re signed. If he was injury free, but he is not on the field.

2. I am the biggest Frank Gore fan in the world. Last week was a sign of times to come. More passing, less running.

2014- Kenall Hunter, LMJ, Lattimore- Gore will play out his final year of his contract and he is on the wrong side of 30 for a RB.

3. Lets hope corey Lemonoir becomes the real deal. This will enable the team to release brooks and use the money for Aldon.

4. There is no way VD and McDonald reduce salary.

5. I see CK7 as the highest payed qb in the league. gulp. 6 years, 120 million. 20 million a year. 6 years 90 million is a pipe dream.

6. Aldon will be getting 13 million plus.
Originally posted by 9erred:
AB, I love the detailed analysis. I will echo some of what other people are saying.

1. You have Crabtree and Boldin for 2014. With Quinton Patton coming on strong, I simply do not see Manningham be re signed. If he was injury free, but he is not on the field.

2. I am the biggest Frank Gore fan in the world. Last week was a sign of times to come. More passing, less running.

2014- Kenall Hunter, LMJ, Lattimore- Gore will play out his final year of his contract and he is on the wrong side of 30 for a RB.

3. Lets hope corey Lemonoir becomes the real deal. This will enable the team to release brooks and use the money for Aldon.

4. There is no way VD and McDonald reduce salary.

5. I see CK7 as the highest payed qb in the league. gulp. 6 years, 120 million. 20 million a year. 6 years 90 million is a pipe dream.

6. Aldon will be getting 13 million plus.

The VD and McDonald reduction helps out for 2014, but they are extended and get a bonus up front. Not a real pay cut.

I hope you're wrong, and Aldon and Kap take friendly deals. We wont break the bank, at least no on Aldon. Kap is different.

Also hope Lemonier works out, plus draft a OLB, go with 9 LBs in 2014, Willlis, Bow, Skuta, Moody, Brooks, Aldon, Lemonier, Wilhoite, and a rook. Or 2 if Moody isnt up to par.