LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 376 users in the forums

My Mock Outlook to 2014 and 2015 Cap Wise

Shop Find 49ers gear online
for 2014 i assume we're replacing whitner with a draft pick? young safety tandem, if so.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Aldon Smith is going to make a lot more money than that. He's the best pass rusher in the league.

That's debatable obviously. Matthews just got around $13/per so I don't think it will be 'a lot' more than that

His stats are better than Mathews. He'll get more
I don't think Gore, Dorsey, and Manningham will be with us in 2016. Our strategy has always been to let guys like that go when we find cheaper replacements (see Morgan-Manningham or Franklin-Sopagoa-Dorsey or Harrison-Lemonier or Goldson-Reid or Walker-McDonald or Synder-Boone).

I think we keep Kap, our LB core, Vernon, Vance, Andy Lee, Reid, Cully, Patton, Lattimore, and our OL. Everyone else is potentially on the chopping block.
I think Kap and Aldon are going to get monster deals. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 yrs, $100 mil, $50 mil guaranteed, $25 mil signing bonus. The f**king Mario Williams deal threw pass rusher money out of wack. They were already highly compensated but that deal is insane.

Paraag and Baalke have been magicians at getting guys to sign team friendly deals before they hit free agency and prices skyrocket. Hopefully they can do it a few more times.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
starters wont reduce their contract

mcdonald is not colt mccoy

You realise we have had our starters do that right?
Originally posted by JDTical:
for 2014 i assume we're replacing whitner with a draft pick? young safety tandem, if so.

Either that or resign Brown and NA and move Cully to FS and Reid to SS.
A few things:

Iupati will get more than Carl Nicks 5 years 47.5 mil contract with 31 guaranteed

Aldon will get more than Clay Matthews 5 years 66 mil contract with 31 guaranteed

Kaepernick will get more than Matt Ryan's 5 years 104 mil contract with 59 guaranteed

Crabtree will be looking for Mike Wallace money 5 years 60 mil with 30 guaranteed.

We will only be able to keep Three. My guess is Iupati is a goner after 2014 after we extend Crabtree and Kaepernick and extend Aldon after 2015.
Son of a King, I think I like ABs figures as are.

AB, what can I say but another piece for a Master's thesis. Pretty clever putting the tag on Crabs...assuming we get the same Crabs back after Achilles tear. Remember we just have 1 and 1/2 yrs worth of work out of him to date. We'll see if he returns with the same talents. The tag was a great way to satisfy both sides for a yr. By then I am assuming we know if we have starters of Crab's capability or not,(Moore, Patton...and I am still curious about Baldwin) I hope we see those guys , along with Kyle get more balls. Same goes for Vance. If one or both of those guys are pretty equal to crabs, well that decides it. Having that tag yr gives Coach one more yr to judge. Whatever, just fricking amazing. Why you haven't submitted this to the 49ers...I don't know. You know this as well as they do....maybe better for all I know. Think about it, my friend.
If Lemonier develops nicely I could see Brooks' salary as a target for reduction or elimination.
As always....HOW THE F DO YOU KNOW THIS SHIZZZ? (Amazed)

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Aldon Smith is going to make a lot more money than that. He's the best pass rusher in the league.

Signing bonus, should of mentioned 1st 3 yrs bases would be guaranteed money. So that adds up.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

AB, what can I say but another piece for a Master's thesis. Pretty clever putting the tag on Crabs...assuming we get the same Crabs back after Achilles tear. Remember we just have 1 and 1/2 yrs worth of work out of him to date. We'll see if he returns with the same talents. The tag was a great way to satisfy both sides for a yr. By then I am assuming we know if we have starters of Crab's capability or not,(Moore, Patton...and I am still curious about Baldwin) I hope we see those guys , along with Kyle get more balls. Same goes for Vance. If one or both of those guys are pretty equal to crabs, well that decides it. Having that tag yr gives Coach one more yr to judge. Whatever, just fricking amazing. Why you haven't submitted this to the 49ers...I don't know. You know this as well as they do....maybe better for all I know. Think about it, my friend.

If he comes back 100% for 2014, he could see the tag. I am not saying this will happen, so those thiking I am crazy, thats cool. Just an estimate. I feel Kap and Aldon wont be selfish like others have tried in the past, T.O. rings a bell.

Gore is a 49er to the bone, he gets a few extra yrs, mentors Latti, then he retires. I dont take 1 game against him. He has the highest rushing total in 49ers history. I know stats came in late, but still. Brooks I don see cut, unless Lemonier shows up. And he wont unless Brooks gets hurt.

I dont understand why guys like Dorsey, Skuta, etc... Cant stay. If they help, we keep them. Same with Mario. Would rather have Boldin, Crabs, Mario and Patton as 1-4 then Moore and/or K.Williams in there. He is a 4 or 5th wr at best.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
As always....HOW THE F DO YOU KNOW THIS SHIZZZ? (Amazed)

Years and year my friend. Over 12 years doing this. Since 2006 on NCH. Really got more detailed lately, with twitter and such.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Haha..I like that spin you put on my name. Of course I like AB's figures better too and hope the real deals will be similar.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
A few things:

Iupati will get more than Carl Nicks 5 years 47.5 mil contract with 31 guaranteed

Aldon will get more than Clay Matthews 5 years 66 mil contract with 31 guaranteed

Kaepernick will get more than Matt Ryan's 5 years 104 mil contract with 59 guaranteed

Crabtree will be looking for Mike Wallace money 5 years 60 mil with 30 guaranteed.

We will only be able to keep Three. My guess is Iupati is a goner after 2014 after we extend Crabtree and Kaepernick and extend Aldon after 2015.

AB worked hard on it, and did a nice job, but he is stretching reality about as far as it can be stretched.

Your numbers are reasonable. They are still on the lower end, but they are reasonable.
IMO, Kap and Aldon are going to try and become the highest paid players on offense and defense in the league, respectively. Fans will throw a fit, but there is absolutely nothing to indicate they will be willing to take any kind of discount whatsoever. Not even Bowman's contract was that much of a discount, only a slight one.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone