LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

49ers worked out jason smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I assume it's going to be one of the inactives.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Cut Justin Smith, hes old commanding a lot of money. If not Aldon Smith, he only had 1.5 sacks Sunday and hes gonna want big money.

aldon is young so i would keep him over justin. justin is becoming a liability . we have to waste draft picks on young players to replace him as he can clearly no longer play at a high level
Good looking out. I've said in my Team Needs post that OT is a huge need for us and was hoping we'd pick up a good, reliable but older OT that was cut for youth/salary. Snyder did not look good on Sunday and it was highlighted on NFL Network, his inabiity to block in space as an extra blocker and picking up the wrong guy. And I don't know about you guys but THE last person I want blocking CK's blind side is Snyder if Staley goes down. And I certainly don't want to have to change 2/5th of the line otherwise. Chemistry is everything!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Good looking out. I've said in my Team Needs post that OT is a huge need for us and was hoping we'd pick up a good, reliable but older OT that was cut for youth/salary. Snyder did not look good on Sunday and it was highlighted on NFL Network, his inabiity to block in space as an extra blocker and picking up the wrong guy. And I don't know about you guys but THE last person I want blocking CK's blind side is Snyder if Staley goes down. And I certainly don't want to have to change 2/5th of the line otherwise. Chemistry is everything!
moving one of our guys to another spot in the line because we do not have a quality back up is terrible. it weakens us in two areas i know the guy has had some injury issues but if he checks out, sign him and do what needs to be done to make room for him. it is a need esp with the minor under the radar story that came about after the sunday game that davis had x rays
Originally posted by cciowa:
moving one of our guys to another spot in the line because we do not have a quality back up is terrible. it weakens us in two areas i know the guy has had some injury issues but if he checks out, sign him and do what needs to be done to make room for him. it is a need esp with the minor under the radar story that came about after the sunday game that Anthony Davis had x rays

Absolutely!

Did we get any more information on where he had x-rays? Updates?

Another need I had was ST coverage: Looks like we're bringing back Osgood (good move). Now, if we can just find a dynamic returner, we should be in pretty good shape. And THANK you Dawson for kicking just about every single kick out of the back of the EZ and making them go 80 yards against our defense! Why risk it?
they should use one of their twenty 7th round picks and trade for one.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
they should use one of their twenty 7th round picks and trade for one.

we only get 7th round picks. we never trade them, we hoard them i guess its because we are always looking out for the next bruce miller
Share 49ersWebzone