There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers worked out jason smith

• xcfan
  • Veteran
lookin' for QUALITY depth?
Is that the Rams old offensive lineman they drafted really high?
I seen Snyder in the game a bunch as an extra tackle. I would have thought Kilgore would be first to go out there but I guess they consider him more of a c/g. I did see both Snyder and Kilgore in on jumbo. That's every lineman we have minus Looney. Didn't key in on Snyder even when re-watching the game but I'm sure he was average or worse like always. Smith seems to be done though. Wish Marquardt would have been healthy I think he had a better chance at the roster than Bykowski.
Originally posted by tohara3:

2nd Overall with a 6 year 61.75 mil contract with 33 mil guaranteed. Call Jenkins a bust if you want guys but he only cost the 31st pick and 6.975 mil and all we paid of it was 3.5 signing bonus and 705 for first year. So like 4.2-4.3ish million. If you are going to miss miss with the 31st pick not top 10.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 10, 2013 at 3:37 PM ]
Jamal Brown might be available.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
if they need a tackle, why not just sign kenny wiggins
Originally posted by xcfan:

Obviously he isn't good enough or he would have at least made our practice squad.
Originally posted by xcfan:

On the Chargers I believe.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

2nd Overall with a 6 year 61.75 mil contract with 33 mil guaranteed. Call Jenkins a bust if you want guys but he only cost the 31st pick and 6.975 mil and all we paid of it was 3.5 signing bonus and 705 for first year. So like 4.2-4.3ish million. If you are going to miss miss with the 31st pick not top 10.

Wow. I'm just fine with missing on Jenkins rather than Jason Smith. Looks like we are just doing our research on everyone out there.
IMO this team needs to have a solid backup OT on the roster. I get that we can play Snyder there if we have 2 and Boone can always bump over to OT and we can bring in any of our 3 OG's to replace him. Smith has talent, hasn't shown any yet in the NFL but that doesn't mean he wouldn't play well for this team. He's still young, still huge and still has the tools, not saying he would come in and be great or even good but we all know that many players have stunk it up elsewhere and did a good job for this coaching staff. Brady Quinn on the hand, eff no.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
here's eight practice squad hosses who we can sign. these are big bodies that fit our kind of line--unlike the skinny bykowski and mike person type baalke likes for some reason.
1. marcel jones
2. nick becton
3. terren jones
4. xavier nixon
5. michael bamiro
6 rj dill
7. jj unga
8. jordan devey -- guard only

these are the kind of guys we should be developing--naturally powerful men. signing 1 or 2 of these late rd/udfa hosses every year, one will stick every 2 or 3 years and become a starter or very good backup.
If we're looking for a guy to bring at tackle I would sign Vinston Painter from Denver's practice squad.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

You have to remember we got Baldwin for Jenkins (in an equal swap) so in effect we still have our first round pick, 31st overall, of 2012, just in the form of Baldwin instead of Jenkins. The jury is still out on Baldwin.