There are 420 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

100% healthy, how much better are the 49ers?

I know that every single team has injuries and that it's likely no team in history has had their entire top 53 players healthy all season but for the sake of argument I'm wondering how much better the 49ers would actually be if everyone was 100% healthy and playing. If the team could have Crabtree, Manningham, LMJ, Tank, Dial, ,Lattimore and Culliver they would be better on paper obviously, but how much better would they be on the field in reality?

I'm torn, on one hand I think this team proved last year that they wouldn't really use 4 RB's so I'm not sure the additions of Lattimore/LMJ would do much this year. Crabtree and Manningham would obviously seriously upgrade the WR group, but at the same time would that inhibit us from really finding out what Patton is all about (not that we used him week 1 or anything but I think you guys get my point here). The team seems intent on finally using a rotation on the DL and IMO the one sure thing is that Tank and Dial (especially Tank) would upgrade the line when Justin Smith/Ray Mac go out of the game but how much? Culliver IMO is still better than Nnamdi but it's not that substantial of a difference.

Would these additions mean more wins for the 49ers? Maybe, but ultimately I think what it would do more than anything is provide more depth and more for other teams coaches to scheme for/worry about. In the long run the benefit may not necessarily be more wins but a fresher team down the stretch of the season. Thoughts?
Assuming all other 31 teams are 100% healthy, I think we go undefeated. Seriously.
I was re-watching the GB game last night and drooling over the idea of how dangerous and explosive the offense could be with a healthy Crab and Manningham.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Assuming all other 31 teams are 100% healthy, I think we go undefeated. Seriously.

Maybe man, and honestly how nuts is it that we can say that with a straight face and be 110% serious? I had some friends over a few days back and everyone liked a different team I had one each of the following: Eagles, Steelers, Redskins, Dolphins and Rams and all of them said they thought the 49ers were the best team in the NFL by far and they aren't the type of guys to just say that to make me happy, they would much rather my team suck.
we're better when fully healthy but i dont think it really matters, its football we're not goin g to be fully healthy as the season wears on.

21 ÷ 73 = ~ 28.76712328767123% better

/thread
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I highly doubt that.
With a healthy Crabs and Manningham ...... oh to dream the dream..
Crabs, Manningham and Cully would be HUGE
forgot about Eric Wright also, if he can regain his form that's another good player at a critical position (probably our biggest question make, CB IMO). Anybody know when he is supposed to play? Thought I heard he's practicing but I'm not sure what the plan is.
Maybe we will find out week 1 of 2014?
If we had Alex Debniak healthy then we go undefeated. That's not my opinion, that's just a fact.
Isn't every team better 100% healthy? Don't other teams get injuries too?.....
100% healthy I think this team could easily win 14 games and make a serious run at an undefeated season.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I was re-watching the GB game last night and drooling over the idea of how dangerous and explosive the offense could be with a healthy Crab and Manningham.

I'm thinking Crabtree is going to be one of those controversial and unpopular non-signings with the fans when his contract renews. The guy has been hurt a lot in his brief career and was not blazing fast to begin with. If Anquon Boldin continues to light it up this year, it's going to be very tempting for the GM to put his money on other priorities like Iupati and Kaepernick and save some on Crabtree. Manningham would be nice to have back because he seemed to have great quickness and speed. Hopefully he regains his former form after the ACL.