There are 428 users in the forums

So, is this how teams are going to play the 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Anyone ever notice taht ever since Harbaugh took over, a lot of the games are extra chippy, trash talk, etc.? I don't know if it's because opponents generally dislike Harbaugh, they're sick of the media ball-washing, or there is a sense of false bravado, where they HAVE to prove that their team is as tough as San Francisco. I noticed that yesterday, and even Marshall Faulk on tv mentioned that GB's play on defense was classless.

Watch for Russell Okung/Gianacomi going for extra shoves after the whistle "finishing" their blocks. I fully expect the Seahawks DBs to send a message with "aggressive" play. If Cliff Avril plays, he will go after Anthony Davis. That's how PC rolls.

Harbaugh has to stress to the players not to go for that crap, Seattle is going to try to get in their heads.
[ Edited by FL9er on Sep 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM ]
yes.

becauase we're the 49ers. and we can do whatever we want.
Avril won't play. He's soft and wants nothing to do with the 49er o-line.
when you are on top, every team is going to gun for you. Every team has us "circl'ed" on the calendar
Any team worth their salt will want to see how they measure up against the best. It's going to be dog fight every week
If teams wanna drop coverage back to scheme Kap, then he can kill them with his legs. If they wanna do what GB did last sunday then he will kill them with his arm. Teams will have to pick their poison and just go with it, because Kap is on his way to being great.
Well, ever since Harbaugh took over, we've been good. People are gonna aim for the top teams.
Everyone gonna give the 49ers the best SB shot they have. 49ers are the measuring stick.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
when you are on top, every team is going to gun for you. Every team has us "circl'ed" on the calendar
because of that, there is never going to be a break on our schedule . not even against bottom tiered teams we have to play at a high level all the time. Playing the niners or the best brings out the best in all teams. That means we have to play with the highest level of intensity all the time. that sucks cuz it is very hard to do this and that is why we will probably lose a game to someone we have no beeswax losing to. that is the price you pay when you are the defending nfc champs and super bowl runnerups.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
If teams wanna drop coverage back to scheme Kap, then he can kill them with his legs. If they wanna do what GB did last sunday then he will kill them with his arm. Teams will have to pick their poison and just go with it, because Kap is on his way to being great.

i tend to think we will hurt them more with our run game than the legs of ck. at least that is my hope, i do not want to just run ck for the sake of running him

It's natural for teams to want to play us this way. Our squad is a hard hitting, smash it down your throat kinda team.
When you play us you're going to be on sportscenter a lot so you better come correct.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
When you play us you're going to be on sportscenter a lot so you better come correct.

and with knuckles
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Let us not forget that Clay Matthews himself is a product of Pete The Cheat. He played for him at USC.
There is so much money and pressure on NFL teams that anything goes. If a player stands in your way and you can take him out, there is no question but to do it. You must protect your players. When Matthews hit Kaep the entire team responded. The Niners have some nasty guys on the OL.
Share 49ersWebzone