There are 151 users in the forums

Key Player for Week 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Roman and Kap, because they have to find a way to get those plays in fast. Too many false starts, TOs and it will be very loud in Seattle.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Whoever the #2 WR is...that guy. Do we see a coming out party for a certain rookie WR?

Exactly, why not, then of course you slide Williams or Moore inside at the slot I think Kaepernick could expose the depth of their secondary.

Seattle will see a DIFFERENT Kaepernick than what they saw in week 16. I could give a ton of excuses why Kaepernick and the offense sputtered that day, but now, with a whole new receiving core and a major confidence booster from last week, Kaepernick will be guns blazing this time. No doubt Kaepernick will be thinking of last year week 16, hes got something for them I'm sure he won't hesitate to run this score up, Harbaugh too.

They were unprepared for that game last year. This time they will be prepared. You know Boldin will be doubled, probalby Davis as well. I think the X-factors of this game will be Gore and Mcdonald. Seattle won't be able to blitz because Kaep will just find Boldin or Davis. One things for sure though, the defence cannot miss tackles like they did against the Packers.

For sure, agreed with everything. If the 9ers can get the run game going early, then I bet either Davis or Boldin will have another big game. Can't double team a receiver often, when your worrying about the run. And yes, the defense better square up and wrap up, this is not a game to make mistakes in. I really think winning this game and Rams at home will define the season. Gonna have a hard time getting back to the playoffs if you can't put those two games away.
I expect KW to have a very good game Sunday. Seattle will be focusing on Boldin and VD. I thought KW played well on Sunday he got great separation twice and Kap just over threw him a tad plus it was great D on that long bomb. People are way to hard in him for what happened in the NFCCG
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Sep 9, 2013 at 4:28 PM ]
I wonder if they will double Bolden? I think Pete the cheat and those D-bag corners are just arrogant enough to think they don't need to.
On O- Colin..has to overcome the noise. Didn't do that last year.
On D- Aldon and Ahmad...Wilson...likes to move.
The more I think about it, I want to add Ian Williams to the list. Seattle has a very good power running game. We know Justin Smith and Ray McDonald will play well and get push. The deciding factor will be Ian Williams. He saw limited action against Green Bay's passing attack and when he was in there he looked a little shaky. If he can hold the point against a top 5 OL, we will be in good shape. However, if Willis and Bowman constantly have blockers getting out to them, that spells big trouble.
Screen passes to the backs, mainly Hunter because of the speed and LaMichael James if he is active, continued pass protection by the line, Vance McDonald and Kyle Williams/Marlon Moore/Quinton Patton taking advantage of all the attention given to Anquan Boldin and Vernon Davis.

On the defensive side of the ball, I'd live for us to get to Russell WIlson, though I don't know how feasible that is.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Sep 10, 2013 at 6:31 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone