There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do we have the weakest Home Field in the league??

Do we have the weakest Home Field in the league??

I don't know, I was at the 49er/ Packer game on the 20 yd line when Steve Young threw the "Catch 2" to Terrel Owens......Guys that place was Rockin. There was a lot of Packer fans there and we had to listen to their crud all day and they were loud, when Steve threw the pass and when Owens caught the ball I turned around and flipped the 3 Packer fan's off then I turned around and one of them sucker-punched me in the back of the head. Not to worry, a young gentlemen grabbed my arm I told me to take it easy as he and his 6 friends had it under control , they took care of me and the 3 Packer fan's . The Packer Fan's saw the error of their ways, apologized and left the stadium post haste.......true story !!!!! 49er fans are always there when it counts !!!!
Originally posted by LEN-RHODE9er:
I don't know, I was at the 49er/ Packer game on the 20 yd line when Steve Young threw the "Catch 2" to Terrel Owens......Guys that place was Rockin. There was a lot of Packer fans there and we had to listen to their crud all day and they were loud, when Steve threw the pass and when Owens caught the ball I turned around and flipped the 3 Packer fan's off then I turned around and one of them sucker-punched me in the back of the head. Not to worry, a young gentlemen grabbed my arm I told me to take it easy as he and his 6 friends had it under control , they took care of me and the 3 Packer fan's . The Packer Fan's saw the error of their ways, apologized and left the stadium post haste.......true story !!!!! 49er fans are always there when it counts !!!!
Now that's a home field advantage !
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Lets be honest here...

There is less of a home field advantage in that stadium then many others.

It's always been that way.

It's rare to see the fans effect the game.

As an Auburn fan, we change the game at home. The 12th man can win a game.

I see that at New Orleans Saints games.

In 30 years of watching the 49ers, you don't see that.

The closest the 49ers had to home field was the sloppy fields of the late 80s early 90s...teams had issues adjusting to that mess between the hashes. Not really noise...

That does not mean current 49er fans are the crappy fans of the 80s, but this is not an impact stadium in that sense.

The 2011 49ers vs. Saints playoff game was an exception.

I've never seen the Stadium move like that in my life. I thought the building was going to collapse.

That it was.. That it was. One of the best all time O against one of the best all time D. It was rockin like crazy after whittners hit and the goldson int! And stayed that way till Alex found Vernon
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Lets be honest here...

There is less of a home field advantage in that stadium then many others.

It's always been that way.

It's rare to see the fans effect the game.

As an Auburn fan, we change the game at home. The 12th man can win a game.

I see that at New Orleans Saints games.

In 30 years of watching the 49ers, you don't see that.

The closest the 49ers had to home field was the sloppy fields of the late 80s early 90s...teams had issues adjusting to that mess between the hashes. Not really noise...

That does not mean current 49er fans are the crappy fans of the 80s, but this is not an impact stadium in that sense.

The 2011 49ers vs. Saints playoff game was an exception.

I've never seen the Stadium move like that in my life. I thought the building was going to collapse.

That it was.. That it was. One of the best all time O against one of the best all time D. It was rockin like crazy after whittners hit and the goldson int! And stayed that way till Alex found Vernon

Cheers to that, brotha!

Originally posted by Axl49:
I have said it time and time again our home field is a joke sometimes when I go to games. Old people complain about 49er FANS BEING LOUD AND CHEERING like wtf give me a break. We let half of the other teams fans in the stadium like we did on sunday with packers and always do with cowboys fans. If you dont go to be 100 loud and cheer on your team then why go. I cant wait to move next year hopefully some of those soft ass older fans ( No offense to older people or people around during the 80s runs) but you and you whining have to go.

Half the stadium? That's crazy, I've been a STH for a long time and out of all the 49er/Packer games I've been to at the Stick, I was surprised by just how FEW Packer fans there were Sunday.

The Packers are one of the legacy NFL teams, a huge nationwide fan base, plus their fans travel well...they probably had at least 25% of the crowd at the 1997 NFCCG. But wasn't the case Sunday. The majority of their fans were down low in the end zones, and while they were vocal, I can't speak to how it sounded on TV, but at the stadium they were quickly drowned out by Niner fans. Multiple times they'd try starting a "Go Pack Go" chant, and it was almost instantly killed by very loud booing from 49er fans. I'm not saying 49er fans will be mistaken for the 12th Man anytime soon, but gotta give credit when it's due and Sunday they turned out and were loud.

Interesting what you hope for the new stadium...my hope is that most of the d-bag element who think a game ticket is their free pass to act like a belligerent a** and has become more prevalent at the Stick will have their herd thinned out.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Sep 10, 2013 at 10:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Axl49:
I have said it time and time again our home field is a joke sometimes when I go to games. Old people complain about 49er FANS BEING LOUD AND CHEERING like wtf give me a break. We let half of the other teams fans in the stadium like we did on sunday with packers and always do with cowboys fans. If you dont go to be 100 loud and cheer on your team then why go. I cant wait to move next year hopefully some of those soft ass older fans ( No offense to older people or people around during the 80s runs) but you and you whining have to go.
I agree 100%

also, it won't go away... you're going to have a lot of the cheese & wine Stanford/silicon valley tech crowd attending those games.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I think it's the acoustics of a baseball stadium, I am pretty sure the Levi Stadium (hate that name) will be louder as it will be designed to reflect noise back onto the field.
No but we suck until the playoffs
Jags is def the quietest due to having the smallest fanbase
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Jags is def the quietest due to having the smallest fanbase

and due to being a military city Jax is full of expat fans of other teams from elsewhere like SD
I think our fans are average when compared to other fans in the league. Certainly better than San Diego, Arizona, Jacksonville, and several other teams.

Plus, you get the Bay winds that can wreak some havoc on passes and kicks (that our players are used to), and that's an advantage for us.

I'd say we're slightly above-average right now in terms of Homefield Advantage.

Hopefully Levi Stadium will have acoustics similar to the Seahawks' s**thole.
certain teams travel well: pretty much all of the NFC East teams, Packers, Bears come to mind that have strong presence at ANY stadium not just ours
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
certain teams travel well: pretty much all of the NFC East teams, Packers, Bears come to mind that have strong presence at ANY stadium not just ours

its not that they travel well..its that they live here
Originally posted by Buchy:
I think it's the acoustics of a baseball stadium, I am pretty sure the Levi Stadium (hate that name) will be louder as it will be designed to reflect noise back onto the field.
Can you elaborate on this? I've never heard that mentioned before. I mean, I know that one of the attributes that makes Century Link so loud is what you described, but I've never heard the same thing described about Levi Stadium.
I was at the game and the packer fan next to me had to cover his ears several times because of the noise. While we don't have the best home field in the NFL, we definitely don't have the worst.