There are 148 users in the forums

Do we have the weakest Home Field in the league??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we have the weakest Home Field in the league??

The stadium is not very loud. And it's an old clunky stadium too where the lights can go out easily. It's not that good. Having said that the 49ers perform better at home and I would rather have them there. But it's not a homefield like Seattle.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
It's Bay Area...ppl from around the country move here for work. You're bound to see plenty of fans of other teams...and when you add the fact that Packers fans travel well - it's to be expected.

But, yesterday - I felt there were fewer Packers fans than before.

Our fanbase is one of the best in the league. How many teams can be near the bottom for almost 10 years and never once have a blackout?
Originally posted by 4ML:
It's Bay Area...ppl from around the country move here for work. You're bound to see plenty of fans of other teams...and when you add the fact that Packers fans travel well - it's to be expected.

Our fanbase is one of the best in the league. How many teams can be near the bottom for almost 10 years and never once have a blackout?

Except when the lights go out....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 4ML:

We need to get all the old people out! They're the ones telling everyone to be quiet & sit down. I hope the new stadium is a whole different environment.
Whenever the "go pack go!" chants started reading started downing them out with "let's go Niners!" That was one of the loudest games I've been to.
I like the shhhh thing the stadium does.
That's a clown question, bro.
[ Edited by sdniner on Sep 9, 2013 at 2:25 PM ]
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Packers fans travel well, so it's not surprising
The only bad thing about 49er fans is that they don't shut up when the offense is on the field!! They're retarded like that

This. So damn frustrating. We go for it on fourth and fans, decked out in 49er gear trying to pump up the crowd. Ridiculous.
[ Edited by SportsFan on Sep 9, 2013 at 2:25 PM ]

Lets be honest here...

There is less of a home field advantage in that stadium then many others.

It's always been that way.

It's rare to see the fans effect the game.

As an Auburn fan, we change the game at home. The 12th man can win a game.

I see that at New Orleans Saints games.

In 30 years of watching the 49ers, you don't see that.

The closest the 49ers had to home field was the sloppy fields of the late 80s early 90s...teams had issues adjusting to that mess between the hashes. Not really noise...

That does not mean current 49er fans are the crappy fans of the 80s, but this is not an impact stadium in that sense.
I think we do, but not because of the fans.... The refs seem to ignore a lot of calls especially when we play at home. Aldon could've had at least 6 sacks if they called a hold once in a while. Why the unsportsman like call on bowman, but nothing on Matthews after he sacked Kap and got all in his face talking sh!+?
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Packers fans travel well, so it's not surprising
The only bad thing about 49er fans is that they don't shut up when the offense is on the field!! They're retarded like that

Goodness, that drives me insane!
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Lets be honest here...

There is less of a home field advantage in that stadium then many others.

It's always been that way.

It's rare to see the fans effect the game.

As an Auburn fan, we change the game at home. The 12th man can win a game.

I see that at New Orleans Saints games.

In 30 years of watching the 49ers, you don't see that.

The closest the 49ers had to home field was the sloppy fields of the late 80s early 90s...teams had issues adjusting to that mess between the hashes. Not really noise...

That does not mean current 49er fans are the crappy fans of the 80s, but this is not an impact stadium in that sense.

The 2011 49ers vs. Saints playoff game was an exception.

I've never seen the Stadium move like that in my life. I thought the building was going to collapse.
49er fans making bank at the expense of Packer fans
Share 49ersWebzone