There are 311 users in the forums

Do we have the weakest Home Field in the league??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we have the weakest Home Field in the league??

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
lolololl

complains about the fans, doesn't go to a game.

I'm sorry I've been away from cali for the past 12 years on business defending this nations freedom.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
lolololl

I'm sorry I've been away from cali for the past 12 years on business defending this nations freedom.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Our crowd is not loud overall. Sometimes the cheers for the Packers are just as loud as the cheers for the Niners, and it's quite possible that the officials might have been confused into believing that it was Green Bay home game instead of a 49er home game.
lolololl

Pwned! Good job brother. I'm the same way, once I left Cali for the military I was only able to attend one game a year (maybe)...doesn't make us any less of a fan.
our stadium sells out, id say empty ass stadiums like oakland, jacksonville and miami are way worse lol. the stick gets crackin dude, my friend went to the game yesterday and he didnt see very many green jerseys in the crowd.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Also have to factor in that SF is a transplant city with a large amount of people from other places.
Weren't these packer fans that congregated at a hard rock cafe in sf last year?
Originally posted by Crown:
Also have to factor in that SF is a transplant city with a large amount of people from other places.

doesn't help when season ticket holders sell their tickets also
In the early 90's the NFL laid down the law against crowd noise. I remember one game we were at where the home crowd, at the stick mind you, was penalized 3 times in a row for being too loud. At that point it was so loud it hurt your ears. I have Tinnitus now, but I think it was more from the first day AC-DC ever played in San Francisco at he Old Waldorf Club, we saw both shows and they used their stadium speakers in that small club, the bass was blowing my hair if not my mind.
Originally posted by scoobyduu24:
lolololl

Pwned! Good job brother. I'm the same way, once I left Cali for the military I was only able to attend one game a year (maybe)...doesn't make us any less of a fan.

Thank you for your service as well! yes I'm lucky if I can catch an away game close to SC once a year. And please believe when I get that opportunity I go crazy at the stadium!

Packer fans travel extremely well everywhere. Along with the Cowboys, Steelers and maybe Broncos, their fans travel to away games the most. It wasn't surprising to hear them but I think our home fans have been a lot better the last couple of years (maybe cause we don't suck now )
lolololl

Thank you for your service as well! yes I'm lucky if I can catch an away game close to SC once a year. And please believe when I get that opportunity I go crazy at the stadium!

Not being able to go to the games doesn't make you less of a fan no matter what the circumstances are. When it is because you are risking life and limb for your country, not only shouldn't you catch s**t for it, you should get a big

London is the worst

/thread
I was actually impressed with the fan turnout yesterday. The last game I went to was the 2009-2010 Rams @ 49er game, and that was a totally different vibe and turnout.

Some of the fans are just sort of dumb (or too drunk, from the tailgating) and don't know when to shut up, even though there were several ushers and other fans using the hand motions and mouthing "shut up".

Not a lot of green.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
lolololl

Not being able to go to the games doesn't make you less of a fan no matter what the circumstances are. When it is because you are risking life and limb for your country, not only shouldn't you catch s**t for it, you should get a big

lol you guys are cute. I served 21 years and retired from the military. The difference is, when I was away and didnt attend, I didnt complain about the folks who did.
Share 49ersWebzone