There are 264 users in the forums

Do we have the weakest Home Field in the league??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we have the weakest Home Field in the league??

I swear we have some of the quietest fans in the league.. It's not uncommon for the other teams fans to make their presence known at the stick. I heard waaaaaay to many Kooooooooohn chants and the crowd roaring when the Pack made plays.. I wish i lived on the west coast so I could attend games and go NUTS!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
nope
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I swear we have some of the quietest fans in the league.. It's not uncommon for the other teams fans to make their presence known at the stick. I heard waaaaaay to many Kooooooooohn chants and the crowd roaring when the Pack made plays.. I wish i lived on the west coast so I could attend games and go NUTS!!!

lolololl

complains about the fans, doesn't go to a game.
Packers fans travel well, so it's not surprising
The only bad thing about 49er fans is that they don't shut up when the offense is on the field!! They're retarded like that
I don't really think it's the fans. Everywhere you go you find all different kinds of fans. It's just that the way the stadium is denied it's not ideal for true home field advantage, as you don't get the deafening noise you do in other stadiums. I felt the fan presence was fine.
We have one of the better home field win differentials in the league. Nothing like Seattle, but still top ten at least.
Another classic Web Zone thread. Third win in a row against a solid, legitimate Super Bowl contender with arguably the QB who has been the best in the league for a long time. A spectacular performance by our own QB who outplays that Super Bowl winning QB....

Complaints from the web zone.

I would think that after an opening game like that, the web zone would at least have about a 24 hour period of celebration for a great start to the season. No way.
killer tail-gates though!
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Packers fans travel well, so it's not surprising
The only bad thing about 49er fans is that they don't shut up when the offense is on the field!! They're retarded like that

it's not only us, other teams fans to the same thing. i don't know why its so hard to educate the fans before the game starts to stfu when the offense is on the field

"PA announcer: ladies and gentlemen welcome to candlestick park, one favor, when the offense is on the field, STFU! thank you"

and problem solved

There are always a s**t ton of packers fans at the stick when we play them there.

Plus its week one, and the stadium isaint really a loud stadium to begin with.

Come playoff time the fans have that stadium rocking about as loud as possible.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jays9ers:

So you could tell all this from... Watching TV????
I watched on TV and really only heard the packers fans when they shouted Kuhn. No big deal since the stands looked almost entirely red to me. I thought I heard much more noise when the packers were on offense and backed up against their own goal.

I did chuckle when our fans got loud after Harbaugh decided to go for it on 4th down & Staley started telling ppl to quiet down.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
There are always a s**t ton of packers fans at the stick when we play them there.

Plus its week one, and the stadium isaint really a loud stadium to begin with.

Come playoff time the fans have that stadium rocking about as loud as possible.

The area is littered with Packers fans from when all the bandwagoners jumped over when we struggled against them years ago. They jumped on Favre's jock and loved to act like "packers" fans when we lost to them. Its nice they have to watch this now.

You know that kind of fan? Its the "I hate my hometown team so I will pick a random good team and root for them, especially if they were beating your home team." fan.
Some teams just travel well, and by that I mean fans come out of the woodwork. GB, Pit, Dallas, KC.. the teams that were great in the 60s and 70s tend to have fans all over the place.
Share 49ersWebzone