LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Silver Lining in the running game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not really worried the Seahawls now have to worry about Kaep and the passing game and cannot key on the run like they have in the past. Carolina averaged 4.95 yards per carry Sunday and they did not have a great pass rush either. They rely on that very good secondary to keep them in games and I don't care how good you are in the secondary they can only cover for so long without a pass rush. So as long as we can run enough to keep them honest we will be fine. The biggest problem in Seattle is the crowd noise and not being able to make a lot of adjustments at the line and containing Russel Wilson.
They were definitely geared to stop the run...they didn't want to get gashed again
I want to see a little more of the good, old-fashioned power run game. Those plays seem to require less time adjusting at the line, which should help us get the ball snapped on time in Seattle.

You can run on Seattle. Last year they allowed 4.5 yards per carry (23rd in NFL). Carolina had success running on them last week. It would be very tempting to air it out because of what Kap did against GB, but staying balanced and getting the run game on track is key.

The 49ers always say they take what the defense gives them. Seattle doesn't typically give up much through the air. They have a great secondary and their pass rush is enhanced at home. I'm telling you guys, they're a little soft in the middle. We can line up heavy formation and cram it down their throats.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I want to see a little more of the good, old-fashioned power run game. Those plays seem to require less time adjusting at the line, which should help us get the ball snapped on time in Seattle.

You can run on Seattle. Last year they allowed 4.5 yards per carry (23rd in NFL). Carolina had success running on them last week. It would be very tempting to air it out because of what Kap did against GB, but staying balanced and getting the run game on track is key.

The 49ers always say they take what the defense gives them. Seattle doesn't typically give up much through the air. They have a great secondary and their pass rush is enhanced at home. I'm telling you guys, they're a little soft in the middle. We can line up heavy formation and cram it down their throats.

Thats what they like, a team to start passing the ball, fall behind and have to air it out the rest of the way. The 49ers need to establish their run game and ability to control the clock early in the game.
Originally posted by Ninerwinner:
The only reason we looked so inept with our running game is Tolzien spilled the beans on our running formations and tendencies etc...If it wasnt for him I guarantee our running game would have been more effective like it will this week against the Seachickens

Maybe the Cawks will be the next to pick up Tolzien
Originally posted by Ninerwinner:
The only reason we looked so inept with our running game is Tolzien spilled the beans on our running formations and tendencies etc...If it wasnt for him I guarantee our running game would have been more effective like it will this week against the Seachickens

Thought the same thing. Hope it doesn't hurt us going foreward
Damn..... We had a powerful running attack for a few years now and NO passing... Now we have our FIRST 400 yd passing game in decades and yall worried like we forgot where we came from. Hell I'm just happy we're ABLE to do both!!
I expect the offense this week to run through Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Bruce Miller, our tight ends, and any receiver not named Anquan Boldin for a deep pass.

It would be great if we came out scripting the first 20-25 plays of this game to help deal with the crowd noise.
Share 49ersWebzone