There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 - Week 1: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

other than the TD to Nelson, Nnamdi was mostly beaten on the back shoulder throws.... back shoulder throws are the hardest to defend!
Joseph Montana @JoeMontana
Awesome start to the NFL season. Kaepernick looked great. Waiting for tonights games.
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
One additional point. The pass rush. I am a little concerned that we could not generate a consistent pass rush this game. I definitely thought we would get to Rodgers more often than we did, especially considering their problems with the offensive line.

The packers oline was holding on every play. Not only was it visible on every play, and replay, but how else do you explain a rookie dominating Aldon Smith most of the game?
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Awesome start to the NFL season. Kaepernick looked great. Waiting for tonights games.
Nothing more needs to be said.
Gore is great but he looked slow blasting forward on the read-option hand-offs. When Hunter came in, the difference in speed was obvious. Hunter has gotten very good and blasting through that hole.
Kap played awesome. Boldin no words needed. Thank god we finally used VD with Kap under center. BUT our defense was weak played way to soft and our run game WTF ROMAN! Why does he continue to ignore the run game. Enough option crap let gore get going and tire the Defense that way Kap doesnt have to throw 40 times a game each sunday.

If he wants to beat good defensive teams like Rams Seattle in our division and NFL we need to unleash Gore and the run game.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Nothing more needs to be said.

//thread.
F'ing Anquan Boldin.

That is all.
Frank missed the block on that or he could have had more.
Hey Marvin,

What do you think about Kaepernick ignoring his receiving options underneath? On one play, I saw Kaepernick scrambling away from the rush with Frank Gore running wide open down the middle. Gore shrugged in the middle of his route. On the pass to Bruce Miller, he went through every single progression before it looked like he dumped off a pass to Miller as if he had nothing better to do. He seems to be repulsed by the idea of throwing underneath.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Hey Marvin,

What do you think about Kaepernick ignoring his receiving options underneath? On one play, I saw Kaepernick scrambling away from the rush with Frank Gore running wide open down the middle. Gore shrugged in the middle of his route. On the pass to Bruce Miller, he went through every single progression before it looked like he dumped off a pass to Miller as if he had nothing better to do. He seems to be repulsed by the idea of throwing underneath.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictionary/nfl/checkdown.aspx

Contrary to what his successor may have led you to believe that running back out there is not the primary receiver. (I'm sorry, I know lol)
[ Edited by natrone06 on Sep 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM ]
Hey Marvin,

he's the anti captain check down.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Hey Marvin,

http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictionary/nfl/checkdown.aspx

No kidding. But Kaepernick ignores his outlet passes and underneath routes to the point where he's almost greedy for long plays. If he took more underneath routes, he would eat up more clock and extend drives. With Kaepernick, it seems like it's either feast or famine. Yesterday, everything worked out well because our passing game tore up Green Bay's secondary, but let's not fool ourselves. Several of their key starters were out, and they were playing undermanned.

Against a better defense like Seattle, Kaepernick's most likely not going to throw for 400 yards. If our running game can't get going, we are going to be in big trouble. We will need shorter completions to get down field with the occasional long strike. Balance is the key.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
As always a great summary of the game. Keep it up!
Kap is a pimp but you guys already knew that. Nice to see Kap and vd on the same page.

Run blocking was poor yesterday but I blame that on the type run plays that were called.

Boldin for a 6th round pick was a steal of the century. Defense played decent the bad parts was the penalties and missed tackles.

Reid played pretty good game for his first game, cant miss tackles though.

Namdi is the weak link on defense I dont see him holding on to that number 3 CB for much longer.

Gotta clean up the play calling delays and get it going more smoothly or Seattle is gonna be a nightmare.