There are 176 users in the forums

2013 - Week 1: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Controversy for children. Rise above. Move on.

Sure. My only issue is that last year Sherman claimed that Harbaugh was in his truck honking at them and making taunting gestures after the game in SF while they were in their team bus, and Mike Silver wrote an entire column about it. Now Sherman is claiming that Harbaugh snubbed him when it is clear from the GIF what actually happened. I don't believe it's right to taint someone's image based on claims by a punk like Richard Sherman.
Im worried about P. Willis' production. Bruce miller sucks. Patrick willis isn't great anymore.

I know that Im going to get hassled or just completely ignored for this comment about Patrick willis but seriously. What happened to him. and you can say that the offense tries to avoid him or that we have so many good players that its hard for him to stand out but when was the last time he made a hard hit. sure he still has speed but he isn't really a beast. Let me correct myself I haven't seen him play like a beast in awhile
Originally posted by 49ertheman:
Im worried about P. Willis' production. Bruce miller sucks. Patrick willis isn't great anymore.

I know that Im going to get hassled or just completely ignored for this comment about Patrick willis but seriously. What happened to him. and you can say that the offense tries to avoid him or that we have so many good players that its hard for him to stand out but when was the last time he made a hard hit. sure he still has speed but he isn't really a beast. Let me correct myself I haven't seen him play like a beast in awhile

he had key run stop in the Seattle game... if you are not hearing his name that is also a good thing.. .its not like he is tallying stats tackling defenders AFTER they get past him..like o'l Derek Smith.

this is what I don't like about the Zone sometimes...its like as soon as someone's name is mentioned for a play, that is enough for some fans here to go crazy about them and feel they should be way up in the depth chart.

1) Don't be. He's asked to play a different role than he used to.
2) No he doesn't.
3) Yes he is.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

1) Don't be. He's asked to play a different role than he used to.
2) No he doesn't.
3) Yes he is.

Seriously, questioning Willis is ruhtarded,, if you want to question an ILB hit up Bowman, dude has missed a few tackles in the past couple games and hasnt shed blocks as easily he did in earlier years. Still retarded to question either of them, but Willis... Willis??? GTFO
In Seattle, Bowman was to spy Russell sideline to sideline in the box, so you saw more of him on the tape. Willis was assigned to coverage and patrolling the middle; don't recall any short dumpoffs or short middle throws to his zones. And the Seahawks gameplanned for Willis. In Nickel, they sent a guard direct to him unblocked which actually did take him out a couple but no need to worry about him, he'll shine in his role this week. Guessing he'll be guarding the running back (whoever it is), and get some delayed blitzes sprinkled in.
Patrick Willis is fading. Yeah sure, whatever you say.
What is Sherman scared of a 49 year old man or something. Pat him on the butt do it face to face. I know Harbaugh is kind of weird sometimes, but man Sherman is just a Beetlejuice looking weirdo.
who is #41???? just looked it up Raymond Ventrone... WTF?

I'm just now watching the Coaches film view of the game and oh my f'n god.. some around here always throw around the word "special teams ACE" for some players that we do decide to keep over other players who are good at their positions.

on the very first punt, this guy just looks lost running down the field and just gives Tate a huge.... actually you know let me just create a gif...

I mean, aren't his teammates that on the right responsible from Tate going to the outside.... and this Ventrone guy is suppose to hold his section and not over commit.. or am I wrong about special teams.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Wow. That was EPIC retarded.

Originally posted by BrianGO:

Wow. That was EPIC retarded.

No wonder why we allow big returns That was scary to watch
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
No wonder why we allow big returns That was scary to watch

It looks like he mistook the ref for the return man!?

I'm just now watching the Coaches film view of the game and oh my f'n god.. some around here always throw around the word "special teams ACE" for some players that we do decide to keep over other players who are good at their positions.

on the very first punt, this guy just looks lost running down the field and just gives Tate a huge.... actually you know let me just create a gif...

I mean, aren't his teammates that on the right responsible from Tate going to the outside.... and this Ventrone guy is suppose to hold his section and not over commit.. or am I wrong about special teams.

I'm not no expert, but from what I understand is when it comes to return coverage you have to look at it like it's a running play. You have to seal the edge so everyone has to stay in their lanes. They all can't just run directly towards the returner otherwise you would give him an angle.

The real culprit #51, he was supposed to flank Anthony Dixon's right side which would seal the hole, that in turn would push Tate's to return to his left side where everyone else is waiting.

If you notice all the 49ers on the right hand side, they all stay in their respective lanes including #41 who was expecting Tate to run to towards him, but since #51 took himself out of his lane, Tate cut back inside, allowing a huge gain.
[ Edited by verb1der on Sep 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM ]
  • thl408
51 or 57 is the one that seems to have left his lane assignment. I think???
[ Edited by thl408 on Sep 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
It looks like he mistook the ref for the return man!?

Lol. Yea. It's the gift that keeps on giving though.
Share 49ersWebzone