There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 - Week 1: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
You.....are correct, sir! Yet more evidence that the Niners are getting the short end of the stick with the officiating. For even more evidence, see Super Bowl...

P.S. To all of you non-Zoners, it ain't whining if it is true... Now, go back into your hole...

26 year Niner fan and semi frequent "Zoner"

Yea brotha...its whining.

We lost...its over...deal with it. The excuses sound like Seahawks fans did when they cried endlessly about losing to Pittsburgh...meanwhile forgetting that they couldn't run the ball and their receivers had a terrible time getting open. We had the ball inside the 10 4 times and gave it to Frank Gore none of those downs. That's our fault...not the refs.

We'll be back this year...no fret

Good for you brother.... I've been a fan for 43 years...just saying. BTW, I'm not fretting or freaking after last night's debacle...nor am I making excuses for the team. Seattle beat them badly and I will be the first to admit that the Niners lost their cool several times. The Hawks were definitely the better team last night...and also the dirtier. That hit which broke Ian Williams' ankle was definitely dirty.

All of that being said, the comments above were posted after the GB game not after the Seattle game so my comments about the officiating (i.e. Matthews not being penalized for hitting Staley, Staley being penalized for just talking, Matthews taunting Kap after a tackle and not getting penalized while Bowman gets a flag for doing far less on the GB sidelines to name just a few obvious blunders by the men in black and white) don't apply to the game last night.

Now, THAT being said, the officials were better overall last night than in the GB game but they still blew a bunch of calls too. At least twice that I saw, Seattle players would hit way after the whistle and not get called while ticky tack "hits" like Aldon Smith's get a flag. I'm just tired of the inconsistency. I see it every game and it is really beginning to bug me. I don't care if it is the Niners or another team, just get the damn call right!! If it takes putting an official in the booth who can both throw a flag or pick one up then so be it. The NFL just has too much money to embarrass itself game after game with poor officiating. The Super Bowl was an absolute disgrace! Fix the problem. I'm not asking for favoritism at all....just fairness. If you call that whining, then I guess we have different definitions of the word.
I wasn't sure where else to post this, and I didn't want to start a whole new thread for it, but Richard Sherman is lying again. I am liking this guy less and less; he seems to be a real punk.

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 29m Sherman implied JH was poor sport ... @mhelman Harbaugh didn't "snub" Sherman, just more tales from Seattle. Proof: http://bit.ly/1aNIyHl ;

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/809084759.gif?1379306914
Controversy for children. Rise above. Move on.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Controversy for children. Rise above. Move on.

Sure. My only issue is that last year Sherman claimed that Harbaugh was in his truck honking at them and making taunting gestures after the game in SF while they were in their team bus, and Mike Silver wrote an entire column about it. Now Sherman is claiming that Harbaugh snubbed him when it is clear from the GIF what actually happened. I don't believe it's right to taint someone's image based on claims by a punk like Richard Sherman.
Im worried about P. Willis' production. Bruce miller sucks. Patrick willis isn't great anymore.

I know that Im going to get hassled or just completely ignored for this comment about Patrick willis but seriously. What happened to him. and you can say that the offense tries to avoid him or that we have so many good players that its hard for him to stand out but when was the last time he made a hard hit. sure he still has speed but he isn't really a beast. Let me correct myself I haven't seen him play like a beast in awhile
Originally posted by 49ertheman:
Im worried about P. Willis' production. Bruce miller sucks. Patrick willis isn't great anymore.

I know that Im going to get hassled or just completely ignored for this comment about Patrick willis but seriously. What happened to him. and you can say that the offense tries to avoid him or that we have so many good players that its hard for him to stand out but when was the last time he made a hard hit. sure he still has speed but he isn't really a beast. Let me correct myself I haven't seen him play like a beast in awhile

he had key run stop in the Seattle game... if you are not hearing his name that is also a good thing.. .its not like he is tallying stats tackling defenders AFTER they get past him..like o'l Derek Smith.

this is what I don't like about the Zone sometimes...its like as soon as someone's name is mentioned for a play, that is enough for some fans here to go crazy about them and feel they should be way up in the depth chart.

1) Don't be. He's asked to play a different role than he used to.
2) No he doesn't.
3) Yes he is.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

1) Don't be. He's asked to play a different role than he used to.
2) No he doesn't.
3) Yes he is.

Seriously, questioning Willis is ruhtarded,, if you want to question an ILB hit up Bowman, dude has missed a few tackles in the past couple games and hasnt shed blocks as easily he did in earlier years. Still retarded to question either of them, but Willis... Willis??? GTFO
In Seattle, Bowman was to spy Russell sideline to sideline in the box, so you saw more of him on the tape. Willis was assigned to coverage and patrolling the middle; don't recall any short dumpoffs or short middle throws to his zones. And the Seahawks gameplanned for Willis. In Nickel, they sent a guard direct to him unblocked which actually did take him out a couple but no need to worry about him, he'll shine in his role this week. Guessing he'll be guarding the running back (whoever it is), and get some delayed blitzes sprinkled in.
Patrick Willis is fading. Yeah sure, whatever you say.
What is Sherman scared of a 49 year old man or something. Pat him on the butt do it face to face. I know Harbaugh is kind of weird sometimes, but man Sherman is just a Beetlejuice looking weirdo.
who is #41???? just looked it up Raymond Ventrone... WTF?

I'm just now watching the Coaches film view of the game and oh my f'n god.. some around here always throw around the word "special teams ACE" for some players that we do decide to keep over other players who are good at their positions.

on the very first punt, this guy just looks lost running down the field and just gives Tate a huge.... actually you know let me just create a gif...

I mean, aren't his teammates that on the right responsible from Tate going to the outside.... and this Ventrone guy is suppose to hold his section and not over commit.. or am I wrong about special teams.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Wow. That was EPIC retarded.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Wow. That was EPIC retarded.

No wonder why we allow big returns That was scary to watch
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
No wonder why we allow big returns That was scary to watch

It looks like he mistook the ref for the return man!?