There are 196 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
I am going to go out on a limb and predict that Baldwin is activated for this game.

I am not going to predict the score or even who wins the game.

I tried predicting those things up at Lake Tahoe once, and all I did was lose money.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Thinking about Patrick Willis' groin and it's making me uncomfortable.

Not sure but penis envy is prob a normal thing idk?

Seriously tho i hope willis will be ok asap, tho not rushed back if not! We need him back at full strength and cant risk losing willis longer then need be
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersking:
About 3+ days of hope, and then there's reality

While we are hoping, let's hope for a good convincing win!

Seems more like 3+ days of frustration, anger, and despair.

I will take just a plain simple win.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows1m
Harbaugh on WR Jon Baldwin possibly joining the offense: "That's possible. He's doing a good job."

I hope he means there's a real chance. Cause I mean, at the same time I don't think Harbaugh would say, "Gee, not really sure about that. He's still learning." or something like that. I badly want to see Baldwin play. The guy has a lot of talent and can be very useful if we give him a chance to be utilized.

You might be right about Baldwin, but there was a reason that Andy Reid dumped Baldwin very quickly.

Remember Reid was quite willing to take a flyer on AJ Jenkins and get rid of Baldwin.

My best guess is that Baldwin is a head case with some talent.

I would like to see Baldwin activated, but I am also sure that being cautious with Baldwin makes sense.

Look at the recievers which reid has recently aquired! Macklin, jackson, cooper etc etc! They aint really big strong recievers, they more of the quick smaller wide outs wit i believe macklin the biggest of em all! And they already have a big and proven on dwayne bowe! So i think this trade def works for us, and just the same as for aj wish him the best also. Baldwin can be a big plus for us. Even if at times for his size n speed as a somewhat decoy, cause he does have to be accounted for imo. And if they dont account he can catch sooooo, yeah my 2 cents of nothingness lol
Hope big vern is back this week as well. His run block, and ability to stretch the feild could def be used this week for sure!
Goniners we got this s**t.
  • thl408
It's time to see what this team (players and coaches) is made of. It's evident that the offensive coaching staff can't keep ramming their head into the wall with the same gameplan. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Time to see how they can change it up. Short week and all. At the very least, more traditional running formations to better utilize Gore.
Originally posted by SolAsch24:
I don't understand the gameplan and offensive play calling the last 2 weeks. We have no WRs that can get open right now and yet we keep calling passing plays even though we were built as a run first team and had our best success the last 2 yrs on Gore's back. Harbaugh and Roman need to get their head outta their asses and get back to running the ball and stop with the gimmicky read option BS

Almost seemed as if they expected the defense to assume we would run and catch em off guard wit the pass, since we did get away from gore in 2nd half idk anyones guess as good as mine i suppose!
Originally posted by thl408:
It's time to see what this team (players and coaches) is made of. It's evident that the offensive coaching staff can't keep ramming their head into the wall with the same gameplan. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Time to see how they can change it up. Short week and all. At the very least, more traditional running formations to better utilize Gore.

Agreed! And we have seen this insanity under old regimes! Nolan, singletary! Except we do have some nicely designed run and pass plays which do throw teams off guard. Which former 2 coachs had like 3 running plays! Amazing and very telling how great gore really is to produce under former regiment
Originally posted by buck:
I am going to go out on a limb and predict that Baldwin is activated for this game.

I am not going to predict the score or even who wins the game.

I tried predicting those things up at Lake Tahoe once, and all I did was lose money.

I was off on predictions last 2 wks n yesterdays pick em murdered me lmao
Thurs is gonna be a huge win on the road! Dont care the score just a injury free victory!
Goniners
The Rams suck. Their offense is so bland... I swear it's from the 1970's. Sam Bradford is Captain Checkdown and none of the receivers can catch. Although, whenever teams play us it seems like the receiving corp goes nuts and makes crazy catches. We can count on that and their punter booming the ball inside our 10... oh, and the kicker making several 50+ yard field goals.
Originally posted by Loco49er:
If I don't see #7 under center for most snaps then I'm going to bust a Kaep!!! We need the power formations, 3 step drops and play action passes.

Triple boom on this post.

Wow, season couldn't of started any worse huh dudes?? Our 2 starting wrs are out, we have the first 2 game losing streak under Harbaugh, we're 1-2 and now the Aldon issue. May I also add that we got f**king embarrassed the last 2 games. Like Harbaugh says, we have to confront this adversity and kick it in the balls. Looking forward to how the team will respond from this.

In the great words of Bryant Young, " I expect to win this game!"
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by pelos21:
Wow, season couldn't of started any worse huh dudes?? Our 2 starting wrs are out, we have the first 2 game losing streak under Harbaugh, we're 1-2 and now the Aldon issue. May I also add that we got f**king embarrassed the last 2 games. Like Harbaugh says, we have to confront this adversity and kick it in the balls. Looking forward to how the team will respond from this.

could be worse and we could have lost to GB and be 0-3
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by pelos21:

could be worse and we could have lost to GB and be 0-3

Lol bro I'm already getting verbally raped from my non Niner fan friends because of our start. So yeah it could be worse.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

As you'd expect, the 49ers coaches went back to the office after yesterday's game and had a late night of discussions and planning.

Harbaugh: What could we have done to beat the colts?
Roman: We played fine, just need to execute better.
Harbaugh: Agreed. It was a tough loss but we need to move on to St Louis
Roman: we need to get Kaep going. He's our star.
Roman: St Louis will be expecting the run
Harbaugh: Yeah lets get Kaep some deep looks and we'll be fine, maybe give him more runs.
(Looks at Mike Martz film)

added
So ready for Thursday night! Go 49ers!
Share 49ersWebzone