There are 136 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

As you'd expect, the 49ers coaches went back to the office after yesterday's game and had a late night of discussions and planning.

my "inside sources" tell me that it was really just to watch Breaking Bad and drink the liquor taken from Aldon's locker

LOL
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Daddyt4949:
I would love to see less of Kyle Williams and more of Quinton Patton. In space he seems more shifty and explosive.

Oh yeah and GIVE FRANK THE BALL 25-30 TIMES THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!

patton had a chance yesterday and dropped the ball

Patton was led right into the crushing blow of the safety who got his arm in between Patton's to punch it out while colliding full-speed with him. I was scared to death that Patton was going to get KTFO'ed on that play.

granted it was a tough catch--but if you want to get on the field it is something you need to do--he got his hands on the ball, and you are going to get hit whether you catch it or not

I was just trying to point out that it was more than the force of the collision that caused the ball to come out. Defender just made a good play getting his arm in there.
As a Rams fan I can tell you with full certainty you have nothing to worry about.

The Rams can't stop a good running back. For some inexplicable reason their great pass defense is being forced to play soft and give up, well, everything.

The scheming and play calling is the worst I've ever seen.

It will be a field day for the Niners. You're welcome.
the coaches have to give baldwin a chance! f**kin jenkins is playing for the chiefs already and baldwin is on the inactive list for us when we have zero receivers capable of anything outside of boldin. and gore will be the focal point i hope. the coaches have limits on them because of our lack of depth but they are also limiting themselves with ridiculous decisions like not sticking with gore when he was unstoppable yesterday. get it together
Originally posted by RamzFanz:
As a Rams fan I can tell you with full certainty you have nothing to worry about.

The Rams can't stop a good running back. For some inexplicable reason their great pass defense is being forced to play soft and give up, well, everything.

The scheming and play calling is the worst I've ever seen.

It will be a field day for the Niners. You're welcome.

Uh, I give you one Greg Roman. The Colts hadn't been very good against the run the first 2 games, and weren't good in the 1st qtr vs 49ers. Then Greg Roman proceeded to insert his head firmly up is a** and abandoned the power runs that had been working great. I'm sure he has some something equally oh-so-cute-and-clever planned for the Rams.
to win this game we have to start running power formations liek the first year with harbaugh. pretend kap is alex and treat him how they treated alex in the passing game. theyre asking way too much of kap, getting away from the run too early and have sub par receivers. get back to basics or its gonna be a long year
Originally posted by susweel:

As you'd expect, the 49ers coaches went back to the office after yesterday's game and had a late night of discussions and planning.

they need to get their head out of their asses.

That's putting it nicely sus. I agree. Not happy with our game plan and play calling the last 2 games. I want to see 2011 creativity in the run game. More under center or shotgun for Kap. Spread out the wrs and let's see 3 and 4 wr sets if the run game isn't working. Let's not be stupid and have 1 wr sets and run the ball when they are waiting for it. Limit the read option, save it for the s**t teams. Get McDonald out there more and stop splitting out Miller. Let him go out of the backfield if there is nobody to block.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 23, 2013 at 12:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

they need to get their head out of their asses.

That's putting it nicely sus. I agree. Not happy with our game plan and play calling the last 2 games.

took all night to pull romans head out of his ass i guess
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Hey a*****e Roman how about calling a damn screen pass for once in your life.
going to be down a lot of starters for this battle... not liking it

Hey a*****e Roman how about calling a damn screen pass for once in your life.

What's a screen pass? Now that James is back we need to get him the ball in space. Some quick pitches, a screen or two, have him line out wide instead of Miller if we are hell bent on doing that.... some dump offs in the flats... should help us out, we could have used him these last 2 weeks. How about a counter or jet sweep as well? Seems like we stopped with all those creative run formations and run calls from 2011.

We will find out what we are made of especially with Aldon, Willis and possibly Davis out. Thursday night games usually don't have a lot of game planning and are just go out and whoever is the better team should win. Could make or break our season.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM ]
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows1m
Harbaugh on WR Jon Baldwin possibly joining the offense: "That's possible. He's doing a good job."
Originally posted by crabman82:
Harbaugh on WR Jon Baldwin possibly joining the offense: "That's possible. He's doing a good job."

I love how Jim talks about competition but starts Owen right off the bat. So a guy whose been with the team 3 days has earned something more than Baldwin?
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by crabman82:

I love how Jim talks about competition but starts Owen right off the bat. So a guy whose been with the team 3 days has earned something more than Baldwin?

Go with the hot hand!
The 49ers have only one WR = Boldin
He is/will be constantly double teamed going forward. This is except when playing Seattle, when one CB is more than enough.

The 49ers do not have any other good WRs, meaning, any player who can play the position with efficiency. Lining up as a WR and just running around, and constantly being covered by an avg DB (= Colts DBs) does not make one a good WR.

Williams, Baldwin, Moore, Patton are just people lining up at WR at this point.

This team deserves better.
Share 49ersWebzone