There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 4)

Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

As you'd expect, the 49ers coaches went back to the office after yesterday's game and had a late night of discussions and planning.

Harbaugh: What could we have done to beat the colts?
Roman: We played fine, just need to execute better.
Harbaugh: Agreed. It was a tough loss but we need to move on to St Louis
Roman: we need to get Kaep going. He's our star.
Roman: St Louis will be expecting the run
Harbaugh: Yeah lets get Kaep some deep looks and we'll be fine, maybe give him more runs.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Tickets ready. Can't wait for Thursday
Originally posted by Baldie:

As you'd expect, the 49ers coaches went back to the office after yesterday's game and had a late night of discussions and planning.

Harbaugh: What could we have done to beat the colts?
Roman: We played fine, just need to execute better.
Harbaugh: Agreed. It was a tough loss but we need to move on to St Louis
Roman: we need to get Kaep going. He's our star.
Roman: St Louis will be expecting the run
Harbaugh: Yeah lets get Kaep some deep looks and we'll be fine, maybe give him more runs.

Rathman: We should probably run more, we averaged almost 8 yards per rush with Gore last week.
Harbaugh and Roman both: Shut up Tom, this is a passing league and you have to establish the pass if you want to win.
Bank on Frank and our platoon of RBs (with a probable LaMichael James sighting) getting a collective 35-40 carries Thursday night. The coaching staff undoubtedly game-planned in advance of Thursday, anticipating a short week with only one day for game plan install (Tuesday). But after Sunday's debacle, and taking into account they're traveling to what will likely be another tough, indoor environment against a division foe that isn't afraid of us in the least...we'll definitely be packing a smash mouth running game and simplified defensive game plan for this road trip.

I prognosticate a low-scoring, hard-hitting affair, that we take by a very slim margin. Gore will top 125 yds. Hunter will bust at least one run that will have the Zone begging for him to take over as starter. The platoon of situational pass-rushers will prove adequate, if unspectacular as a stopgap for Aldon's missing pass rush, and though nobody will think this past Sunday was a fluke afterward, things will stabilize a bit in Ninerland.

20-17, SF. Go Niners.
[ Edited by au8277 on Sep 23, 2013 at 11:08 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Get the ball to Kyle Williams. Some on the Zone have been contending that he's our deep threat.

he got open deep vs packers and the pass was underthrown
Originally posted by Daddyt4949:
I would love to see less of Kyle Williams and more of Quinton Patton. In space he seems more shifty and explosive.

Oh yeah and GIVE FRANK THE BALL 25-30 TIMES THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!

patton had a chance yesterday and dropped the ball
Time to bench KW, we might as well play with 10 guys out there. I say replace him with Marlon Moore, at least Moore is a gunner and is used to being pressed at the LOS. We need more physicality!

Also, since there is no quick fix at WR, I think Kaep needs to commit to his legs more, esp if their going to play man our WRs all day.

Regardless, our coaches have to change something, we are staring at 1-3 in the face!
with kaps arm strength why the f**k arent we going play action deep bomb to a wr? i dont get it.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Get the ball to Kyle Williams. Some on the Zone have been contending that he's our deep threat.

Haven't done anything of significant in the last 2 games. At this point he's not a deep threat, he's not even a reliable receiver.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 23, 2013 at 11:15 AM ]
Bank on Frank and our platoon of RBs (with a probable LaMichael James sighting) getting a collective 35-40 carries Thursday night. The coaching staff undoubtedly game-planned in advance of Thursday, anticipating a short week with only one day for game plan install (Tuesday). But after Sunday's debacle, and taking into account they're traveling to what will likely be another tough, indoor environment against a division foe that isn't afraid of us in the least...we'll definitely be packing a smash mouth running game and simplified defensive game plan for this road trip.
I prognosticate a low-scoring, hard-hitting affair, that we take by a very slim margin. Gore will top 125 yds. Hunter will bust at least one run that will have the Zone begging for him to take over as starter. The platoon of situational pass-rushers will prove adequate, if unspectacular as a stopgap for Aldon's missing pass rush, and though nobody will think this past Sunday was a fluke afterward, things will stabilize a bit in Ninerland.

20-17, SF. Go Niners.

Haven't done anything of significant in the last 2 games. At this point he's not a deep threat, he's not even a reliable receiver.

Williams dropped a 3rd down catch. Yeah it was a hard throw but Boldin would have caught that. Who knows, keeping that drive going would have lead to something positive.
I would love to see less of Kyle Williams and more of Quinton Patton. In space he seems more shifty and explosive.

Patton was led right into the crushing blow of the safety who got his arm in between Patton's to punch it out while colliding full-speed with him. I was scared to death that Patton was going to get KTFO'ed on that play.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM ]

my "inside sources" tell me that it was really just to watch Breaking Bad and drink the liquor taken from Aldon's locker
I'm all for trying different guys at receiver on the team. Patton, Baldwin, Moore, who ever else we have. f**k chemistry. Just get them out there, see if they can get open. With Kaep's arm, if he sees them getting open, he can zip it there.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Patton was led right into the crushing blow of the safety who got his arm in between Patton's to punch it out while colliding full-speed with him. I was scared to death that Patton was going to get KTFO'ed on that play.

granted it was a tough catch--but if you want to get on the field it is something you need to do--he got his hands on the ball, and you are going to get hit whether you catch it or not
[ Edited by hofer36 on Sep 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM ]