There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 4)

Originally posted by hofer36:
when miller went down I actually was thinking damn should have activated marecic

Dixon would be backup FB with Tukuafu gone and Marecic inactive.

Dixon is short yardage back/4th RB, is an experienced ST player for us, 3rd string FB. Right Now Marecic is backup FB and backup ST player with no experience for us. Dixon wins by far. Not sure why we got him. I'd rather have went DL or OL depth but probably not much out there that could help instantly.
Kapl is learning what Alex figured out; we have a talented team, it's not all on you
Just finished watching the game on delay because I got home late from work and I didn't want any spoiler alerts. So here I am in the wee hours of the morning my impressions from the game where that Bowman played like a complete and total ass kicker that he is and totally led the defense in every way possible. 2. Skuta & Lemoneir did a fine job platooning for Aldon (once they're scouted on film it'll be harder). 3. Lo and behold Kaepernick had a wonderful night managing the game just like a certain former Niner QB would do. He even took two or three sacks and luckily didn't get picked off a couple of times but otherwise had a good game manager outing. 4. Frank was giving the Rams a nice dose of the inconvenient truth tonight. He's not even that fast but his technique is so good that it doesn't really matter. The offense got back to what they do best, run the ball down their friggin throats. Run the hell out of the ball with a few well placed shot plays offensively and stop the run with some nice impact plays defensively is a recipe for winning big. 5. One thing about Tavon Austin, what difference did he make? He is possibly the most overdrafted player in the 1st round this year from what I've seen so far. Anyway, great team win that is a huge sigh of relief at least for one week.
Originally posted by Kwlui:
Kapl is learning what Alex figured out; we have a talented team, it's not all on you

well, to be honest, the games throughout the playoffs last year were ON Kap. The 1st game this season vs. GreenBay was ON Kap. I think maybe Kap thought he had to carry this team and burned. But you are right, he should let the game fall in place for him. i think its the fault of the coaches to not have a balanced game plan and relied too heavily on the Pistol or showing off Kap's arm.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
This should be the formula for the rest of the season. We can stay competitive this way until Aldon, Crabs and Manningham get back.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 27, 2013 at 2:35 AM ]
Oh yes the "Seahawks suck!" chant from the Niner fans at the postgame show was absolutely priceless. We need the Texans going 1-1 ( in that order) the next 2 games, wink wink!
Originally posted by mayo49:
This should be the formula for the rest of the season. We can stay competitive this way until Aldon, Crabs and Manningham get back.

Yeah, I love this, if Kaep can just get back into that groove he was in during his first start against the Bears, surrounded by the comfort zone of the running game, we'll be in gear.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yeah, I love this, if Kaep can just get back into that groove he was in during his first start against the Bears, surrounded by the comfort zone of the running game, we'll be in gear.

Feed the tank, and let Navarro Bowman stop everything. That will calm Kaep down.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This was the win that did so many things for this team on so many different levels:

1. Takes out the bad taste from the loss in Seattle.

2. Restores confidence to the team.

3. Gets the team back on track and gave them a big wake up call, 1-3 and the season would've been a long one.

4. Shows that last years 0-1-1 record with the Rams was a major fluke, and they did it without Michael Crabtree, Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis, Nnamdi Asomugha, 80% healthy Vernon Davis.

This was the only win I really really wanted...that's two reallys so you know that's a lot. Any time the 9ers beat a division rival in their house is a good win that pleases everybody.
Do you think the coaches have finally figured out what it takes to win? Seems like everyone else on the planet knew except them.
[ Edited by trogdor on Sep 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by trogdor:
Do you think the coaches have finally figured out what it takes to win? Seems like everyone else on the planet knew except them.

Honestly, I think the Texans will be another big test with their #2 ranked defense and #7 ranked offense. Where they have struggled is in their run-defense, lets hope Roman and Harbs unleashes Gore again and stops with that Pistol crap.
Its like the coaching staff forgets this is the NFL and the cute college plays don't work
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We let that Colts game get away by not continuing to give Frank the ball in the second half when it was still a close game. I think it was a lesson we learned the hard way. Hopefully, we don't repeat it again.
Great win! Now I hope we can get back on track. Looking at some of the replays, at times you can see people wide open in the back end, hopefully something Kaep can get better at reading. Those plays could have potentially been long TD's.

Overall though, Great win!! Lets go Niners!!!
Great win! Now I hope we can get back on track. Looking at some of the replays, at times you can see people wide open in the back end, hopefully something Kaep can get better at reading. Those plays could have potentially been long TD's.

Overall though, Great win!! Lets go Niners!!!