There are 241 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I will add.

Just got home from Chicago tonight. I made a point to check your board as I have enjoyed reading and posting here the last year. I knew it would be painful, and knew there would be a lot of very negative comments re Rams.

Wasn't as bad as I expected... mostly because you can't say anything negative about the Rams right now that isn't true. This week was a paradigm shift, and a really sad week to be a Rams' fan.

Look forward to watching the NFC W battle between you and Hawks.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Jcool:
gregg rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal

49ers had 11 drives of 12 yards or less. And won 35-11.

Did not like all of those 3 and outs.

i liked winning 35-11
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM ]
Originally posted by RedAlice:
I'm here. Was in Chicago for a work project, and took a client to watch this game at a sports bar in Chicago. Also took a client to watch the Dallas game in Chicago Sunday.

It's not a matter of being humbled. You can't really humble fans of a team who have been so used to losing. It's a matter of being sold an expectation when Fisher became our coach....the idea we would be good again. Obviously, that was false.

I believed it, and I am sad. But, still love my Rams. Though I would like Shotty fired and Bradford benched.

I never came on here claiming anything pre-season, so don't act like all Rams' fans are as you describe. Won't back down when we lose, and won't gloat when (if ever) we win.

Congrats on the win. Rams officially suck this year. It's beyond stupid how much.

The crew on NFLN was really blasting the OC Shottenheimer. I would have to agree with them. He has not produced a good offense in a very long time, if ever. We're well aware how a bad OC and poor playcalling can kill your offense. It plagued us for many years before Harbaugh arrived.

I see a lot of Alex Smith in Bradford. This is a guy who can become a very efficient QB with better coaching and a balanced offensive approach. I don't think you give up on him just yet.

Ditch Shottenheimer, find a real replacement to Jackson, and Fisher needs to re-commit to a power running game and find the personnel to do it. That offensive line will not do. Defensively there is some nice athletic talent, but you need a few thumpers who will stick their nose in the gaps and clog the running lanes.
I think both Shotty and Walton need to go now. Fired now. Not after the season.

Walton has destroyed what was a decent D last year.

I also do not get how Fisher can allow such incompetence at the coordinator level.
I think both Shotty and Walton need to go now. Fired now. Not after the season.

Walton has destroyed what was a decent D last year.

I also do not get how Fisher can allow such incompetence at the coordinator level.

It's tough for these good coaches to come up with better second act. Andy Reid may be the exception to the rule. Jackson was a huge piece of the Ram offense. Take Lynch away from the Hawks and he'd be tough to replace.
Wowza! Saints fans were hating the game like no other last night. Some of the comments were pretty funny considering how their team looked last year but they don't remember that-http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/rams-49ers-game-309735/
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I'm here. Was in Chicago for a work project, and took a client to watch this game at a sports bar in Chicago. Also took a client to watch the Dallas game in Chicago Sunday.

It's not a matter of being humbled. You can't really humble fans of a team who have been so used to losing. It's a matter of being sold an expectation when Fisher became our coach....the idea we would be good again. Obviously, that was false.

I believed it, and I am sad. But, still love my Rams. Though I would like Shotty fired and Bradford benched.

I never came on here claiming anything pre-season, so don't act like all Rams' fans are as you describe. Won't back down when we lose, and won't gloat when (if ever) we win.

Congrats on the win. Rams officially suck this year. It's beyond stupid how much.

It's a long season, get healthy and try to beat the CAWKS (any given Sunday)
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Wowza! Saints fans were hating the game like no other last night. Some of the comments were pretty funny considering how their team looked last year but they don't remember that-http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/rams-49ers-game-309735/

It goes from let's go rams, 49ers looking sloppy, Kap is gonna have a long night. Rams got embarassed last week by dallas so you know they're extra motivated playing in front of the home crowd, I am no longer concerned about the 49s. Seattle is another story

to.....

they are coming apart in St. Louwie, And the crowd is leaving in droves, At least there will be the sound of footsteps breaking the silence in that place and last but not least They won't win another game playing like that against anyone. Their offense is atrocious. Wait! Don't they play Jacksonville later. Oh yeah, the Jaedaveon Clowney, Teddy Bridgewater bowl!

Wow, what a bunch of funny tools!!
Did James do anything?

• Rascal
  • Veteran
To be honest, I was really surprised that the Rams played that bad. Last year, they really gave us problems especially their D-line and is basically the same crew. Well, let's just say I ain't complaining.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rascal:
To be honest, I was really surprised that the Rams played that bad. Last year, they really gave us problems especially their D-line and is basically the same crew. Well, let's just say I ain't complaining.

same. i was pretty sure we were gonna lose. If anything, the rams got better personnel wise this offseason.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

That was what stood out to me most. It was 3 and out after 3 and out. To me, Kap was the key problem, too many one-reads and once again hesitant to scramble. His eyes also led their D to the ball and Laurinaitis almost picked him twice. If he continues to play like that, it will be tough to beat the Texans.

That was what stood out to me most. It was 3 and out after 3 and out. To me, Kap was the key problem, too many one-reads and once again hesitant to scramble. His eyes also led their D to the ball and Laurinaitis almost picked him twice. If he continues to play like that, it will be tough to beat the Texans.

At worst, it reminded me of the Saints game last year, I think the ultimate goal is for Kaep to get back into that comfort zone he was in during the Bears game, where he was hitting almost 4 reads a play cause the line was solid.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

At worst, it reminded me of the Saints game last year, I think the ultimate goal is for Kaep to get back into that comfort zone he was in during the Bears game, where he was hitting almost 4 reads a play cause the line was solid.

I think Kap will need to look towards other WR choices more often. It can't be just Anquan and Vernon all the time, is too easy for the opposing D to shut them down. I saw him talking to Jon on the sideline quite a bit, I think he realizes he needs to throw to more targets and is trying to build some sort of a rapport with him.
Share 49ersWebzone