There are 231 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 4)

Not bad. Not bad at all. I have to admit, I didn't have much confidence in this game, especially with all the injuries, but I loved seeing this team play like themselves again.

Props to Lemonier and Skuta for stepping up.

Gore is a beast. Unleash him more often from now on

Kendall was on fire tonight as well.

Bowman...what a performance!

Thank GOD for Boldin. Baldwin is showing some inkling of promise. Man, I cannot wait til we get Manningham and Crabs back. Imagine that receiving core

Kap had a decent performance tonight. Not great, outstanding, but not nearly as bad as some of you are trying to make it. Needs to improve on progressing through his reads, securing the ball, and quicker decision making. But overall, not bad. He's picking his confidence back up and getting his mojo back. He'll only get better and improve. Some of these knee jerk reactions are almost comical.

Great team win. Offense showed signs of life, Defense carried on without Aldon + P. Willy, game planning got better. Very satisfied. Yeah, people can say "it's just the Rams", but we needed this W badly. We're 2-2, huge confidence boost for the team, and now we definitely know what we need to do to be successful and get back into a rhythm moving forward. And hey, blowing out a divisional rival on the road on a short week is pretty impressive to me. The doubters swore up and down this team would be 1-3 and now all they have to say is "it's just the Rams" !! Insecurity masked by arrogance. It's only going to get better for us, and worse for them.
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Originally posted by Jcool:
So how happy do you think Rams fans are that Jeff Fisher is there head coach?

Some probably are saying he sucks etc (much like our fans do), but many probably still realize that he's a good coach and will most likely make their team competitive in the near future.

I think they are closer to the team that played the Falcons and lost 27-24 than the team that played Dallas and us. Fisher is a good solid head coach. They can do a lot worse and they have the last 10 years or so. They have 2 firsts again from the RG III trade and both could be mid first round so they can build some more. They should bounce back this season. They have some injuries... they have a lot of building blocks. I think Bradford is a lot of it; some games he plays outstanding, others horrible. Also, I dont like Schottenheimer as the OC.

Also, big props to those that stepped up tonight in place of injured player: Wilhoite/Bowman for Willis, Lemonier/Skuta for Aldon, Dorsey for Williams (although last game was 1st), Brock for Nnamdi. Also, Baldwin off the bat looks like a better target than Moore and Williams. Props to Ventrone and the punt team for locking down Austin tonight. Props to VD for playing tonight. 1 TD or not him being on the field instantly helped us a lot.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 26, 2013 at 11:15 PM ]
Did anyone happen to see what the starting lineup was? I missed the first couple plays of the game...

Edit: On both offense and defense of course.
[ Edited by Kronos2560 on Sep 26, 2013 at 11:11 PM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Could it be that the Willis/Smith replacements were actually fresher, and so could pressure Bradford more efficiently?

I think it's that we have quality depth, everything I saw out of big white dude and Mr. Lemonade was nothing short of what I saw in preseason.

It was the Rams so it was essentially a pre season game. I will wait and see how next week goes before I get too excited. The D did look great though.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Did anyone happen to see what the starting lineup was? I missed the first couple plays of the game...

I think it was: Normal OL... Gore, Kap, Miller, VD, Boldin, Williams (started as #2 by the end Baldwin was 2 I believe, Patton got time as well... not sure williams was out there much at end)

DL McDonald, Dorsey, Smith.... Brooks, Bowman, Wilhoite, Skuta (Lemonier got a bunch of time too).... Brown, Rogers, Brock for Nnamdi, Cox

Inactive: Marecic, Looney, BJ, Harper, Willis, Asomugha, Marlon Moore was big one in favor of Baldwin

Stupar active for 1st time as 4th ILB with Willis/Moody hurt
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM ]
Kind've distraught that some of the pundits/fans are looking at this game as a joke, playing off the "sorry ole' rams card"... I'm sorry, but the last time I checked we couldn't even beat these f**kers last year.

Whether you see it or not, this was a huge divisional road game, we blew them out, escaped without major injuries, and we did it on the only Thursday night game we'll ever have to play this year. Talk about gravy, that's f**king gravy.

I'm sorry, but you fast-forward to late October, and this might not even be a guaranteed road win for the Seahawks on MNF.
same ol' sorry ass rams
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
same ol' sorry ass rams

same sorry ass rams we couldnt beat last year
Originally posted by IowaNiner16:
No. Gore was awesome. Our run game was awesome. But you could tell the first half it could have gone either way. Don't get me wrong we whooped there ass all game long. And yes sir we earned it. But this team is fragile my friend

If we won by 3 because of a late Rams turnover then you could say the Rams offense gave us the win. We won by over 3 TD's though.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Could it be that the Willis/Smith replacements were actually fresher, and so could pressure Bradford more efficiently?

I think it's that we have quality depth, everything I saw out of big white dude and Mr. Lemonade was nothing short of what I saw in preseason.

It was the Rams so it was essentially a pre season game. I will wait and see how next week goes before I get too excited. The D did look great though.

I don't write off a Jeff Fisher coached team. This was a good win.
Nice win. The ways of the fb and the te are back in full effect! Thursday off the schedule too!

One more straight loss and we would have had a " I met <inactive 49er> at Dave n busters and he said...." threads. Wheew.

It was interesting seeing Gore and Kap at the table after the game, they are probably two of the least chatty players on the team when it comes to the media.
Bo played like some possessed. He keeps this up he'll be in the running for Defensive Player of the Year.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Kronos2560:

I think it was: Normal OL... Gore, Kap, Miller, VD, Boldin, Williams (started as #2 by the end Baldwin was 2 I believe, Patton got time as well... not sure williams was out there much at end)

DL McDonald, Dorsey, Smith.... Brooks, Bowman, Wilhoite, Skuta (Lemonier got a bunch of time too).... Brown, Rogers, Brock for Nnamdi, Cox

Inactive: Marecic, Looney, BJ, Harper, Willis, Asomugha, Marlon Moore was big one in favor of Baldwin

Stupar active for 1st time as 4th ILB with Willis/Moody hurt

when miller went down I actually was thinking damn should have activated marecic