LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Yeah that pisses me off. I really don't understand why we take forever to get receivers to simply be active on gameday. Our receivers have done exactly zilch, aside from Boldin. So what is the problem in going with a guy like Baldwin? Are we afraid that we'll lose the killer production of Marlon Moore? Or that special teams ace, Kassim Osgood? It seems ridiculous to me that KC can have AJ Jenkins playing for them but we still can't activate Baldwin after 3 weeks.
if any media person dares ask JH about it,, he will give them a glazed look, say, "all of our guys could play and contribute if need be" and then go back to knowing he has a problem on the team and really has no idea how to fix it. his little witty remarks to the media just are not to funny anymore when his team gets embarrassed twice on national tv
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I hate that our coaching staff does this s**t, why are they too f**king stupid to realize they haven't gotten s**t from Williams and Moore? Then they play Patton for only a handful of snaps. By the way I'm sure I stated this but Baalke and this damn coaching staff can't draft wrs for s**t, whichever wr we take I'm confident A; they won't play much if any and B; they'll suck ass. These past 2 games have really burned me up especially this last one

after what we have seen from the wide outs cept for boldin,, i am stunned they are not giving other guys a chance. JH runs his mouth about having the best players out there. if the best is what we have seen so far from the wide outs. well i just do not know.
everyone calling for more patton: did you not notice his drop on a crucial 3rd down in the 3rd quarter? kap puts it on him, all he has to do is hang onto the ball but he f**king drops it of course. he was hit but this isn't high school football. you need to hang onto that.

what difference does it make if a guy can't get open or if he gets open and can't hang onto the ball? no difference. patton has sucked dick as have most of our other receivers. strangely, kyle williams is the ONLY other receiver besides boldin that has looked decent. no, his numbers don't look good, but he is getting open. look at the packers game: beat the defense twice, kap overthrows one and underthrows another. they are both TD's. gets open quite a few times against the seahawks, kap doesn't look his way. i didn't watch the all-22 against the colts but i'm assuming he got open again.
Everyone in the forums is calling for major changes by this game, but on a short week that is unlikely. I think any substantial changes will be made after this game. I see us using the 10 days between the Rams game and the Texans game as a mini bye week. I think any drastic change would occur then.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Everyone in the forums is calling for major changes by this game, but on a short week that is unlikely. I think any substantial changes will be made after this game. I see us using the 10 days between the Rams game and the Texans game as a mini bye week. I think any drastic change would occur then.

Completely agree.
We have to win this game. Must win. It's not too late, I hope that the front office see's now that Williams is t capable of doing anything but return duties. They need to sign Austin Collie, he would actually produce. He has actual production at the NFL level, and him opposite Boldin would give the defense an actual receiver to defend besides Boldin and Vernon.
JUST WIN BABY!
  • Jiks
Originally posted by verb1der:

Completely agree.

Not me, I think the change is pretty simple. Play more under center, and sprinkle in the read option. The team has run this offense before, so it should only have to be minor tweaks here and there.

Hand the ball off, hit some short underneath routes, take a couple chances and control the clock. Simplify things... Just feel we have the capability go to back to that if need be.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Sep 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Not me, I think the change is pretty simple. Play more under center, and sprinkle in the read option. The team has run this offense before, so it shouldn't only have to be minor tweaks here and there.

Hand the ball off, hit some short underneath routes, take a couple chances and control the clock. Simplify things... Just feel we have the capability of to back to that if need be.

It's what we did for the better part of 2 years. I hope they haven't forgotten or scrapped that part of the playbook.
I'd just absolutely love to see us run with a WR trip on one side of the line.

Okay, and I KNOW I'm getting greedy, but a screen to LMJ, Patton, or Gore would make me scream with. I mean... screens beat man.... that's all teams are going to play against us moving forward. Please god, pleeease!

Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Okay, and I KNOW I'm getting greedy, but a screen to LMJ, Patton, or Gore would make me scream with. I mean... screens beat man.... that's all teams are going to play against us moving forward. Please god, pleeease!

If it makes sense, it won't happen.
  • Jiks

Seems so basic but we've always struggled with those it seems. Remember someone asking Roman why he doesn't or didn't run any screens on a game last year.
Originally posted by verb1der:

Completely agree.

Not me, I think the change is pretty simple. Play more under center, and sprinkle in the read option. The team has run this offense before, so it should only have to be minor tweaks here and there.

Hand the ball off, hit some short underneath routes, take a couple chances and control the clock. Simplify things... Just feel we have the capability go to back to that if need be.

I agree with making simple changes however I think it's easier said than done. Yeah sure we've all seen the MNF game vs the Bears, but if we tried running that now, it still wouldn't stop teams from stacking the box, we have no outside threat besides an aging possession receiver. I think teams clearly know this and they're exploiting this glaring weakness. Two weeks now!
We got this! Come on Kap!

Seems so basic but we've always struggled with those it seems. Remember someone asking Roman why he doesn't or didn't run any screens on a game last year.

Anybody else remember the bubble screen to Patton in the preseason. A couple plays like that would show teams they can't man-up on us the whole game.
Share 49ersWebzone