LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!

YEAH! GO NINERS GO! Screw it, I'm tired of feeling depressed and nervous about this team. My expectations have been lowered significantly after these last two games and now I'm just hoping the 49ers can get healthy and hopefully start playing up tho their potential at some point this season. I'd like to see a motivated pissed off 49ers team playing spoiler at seasons end if not competing for WC spot.
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Sep 24, 2013 at 12:16 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Go, Niners, go!

YEAH! GO NINERS GO! Screw it, I'm tired of feeling depressed and nervous about this team. My expectations have been lowered significantly after these last two games and now I'm just hoping the 49ers can get healthy and hopefully start playing up tho their potential at some point this season. I'd like to see a motivated pissed off 49ers team playing spoiler at seasons end if not competing for WC spot.

f**k spoiler, we have lost two games. why is it impossible to think we still cant win 11 or 12 games? after we lost to dallas in week 2 or 3 a few years ago we won like 11 or 12 straight. our depth is definitely being tested but i think we can still definitely make the playoffs if the coaches do their jobs. cut down penalties and go back to a more traditional, balanced attack to keep our defense off the field is the key. we have injuries all over our defense so we have to give them a shot to rest up so their backups arent exposed while at the same time hoping people can step up til they get healthy again. this season is far from over. one game at a time
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Who will they activate for Aldon and Willis on Thursday?

probably the 2 new FBs we are about to sign later today.
Go, Niners, go!
This.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for 80849er4life.
WE GOT THIS!!!!!
I'm really hoping we do activate Jon Baldwin. We need a semblance of a WR threat, and Baldwin might provide that. I can't believe that I was actually excited about Marlon Moore. What was I thinking?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Go, Niners, go!

f**k spoiler, we have lost two games. why is it impossible to think we still cant win 11 or 12 games? after we lost to dallas in week 2 or 3 a few years ago we won like 11 or 12 straight. our depth is definitely being tested but i think we can still definitely make the playoffs if the coaches do their jobs. cut down penalties and go back to a more traditional, balanced attack to keep our defense off the field is the key. we have injuries all over our defense so we have to give them a shot to rest up so their backups arent exposed while at the same time hoping people can step up til they get healthy again. this season is far from over. one game at a time

Oh I hear you and hopefully they do turn it around but until they show it on the field my expectations are no longer superbowl or bust. The 49ers are playing like crap already and then you add in all the injured star players all going down at the same time and it spells disaster. Even for a team as deep as the 49ers. They have to find a way to play better long before they'll be healthy and so far they haven't shown much of anything.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Go, Niners, go!

Oh I hear you and hopefully they do turn it around but until they show it on the field my expectations are no longer superbowl or bust. The 49ers are playing like crap already and then you add in all the injured star players all going down at the same time and it spells disaster. Even for a team as deep as the 49ers. They have to find a way to play better long before they'll be healthy and so far they haven't shown much of anything.
all they have to do is change their philosophy a little bit. run more to rest the defense and give kap a break. these receivers suck and a good run game will help take some pressure off kap to force throws that arent there. our players will start coming back but if we active baldwin, harper, and james to give this team a little size and speed i dont see how this is a bad thing. james is dearly missed in KRs where he averaged almost 30 yards a pop. field position is huge and size at receiver is a must, especially in our divisional games where every defense has massive corners who can hit
Originally posted by real9erfan:
I'm really hoping we do activate Jon Baldwin. We need a semblance of a WR threat, and Baldwin might provide that. I can't believe that I was actually excited about Marlon Moore. What was I thinking?

I didn't really understand many peoples' excitement about him either. He seemed like another Chad Hall or Lockette in my opinion -- "practice stars" but not producers on the field. I am actually extremely disappointed that he was considered the #3 after KW. It may be that they are realizing now he's just not very good and that's why Patton continues to get more PT.

If they activate Baldwin and see something out of him, he may push Moore or Osgood to the inactives list and perhaps even off the team when other players return from injury. I hope that Moore getting less and less PT means Baldwin gets his shot very soon, and I'm personally hoping it's this Thursday. If the guy can get 325 yards in his 2nd year with CASSELL at QB, I have to believe he can do something with CK under center...
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM ]
Here's some good news, and also kinda funny (in a sad way):

All of the teams we play here-on, except New Orleans and Seattle, are ranked below the 49ers. This is from the latest power rankings avg. I know power rankings don't mean much, other than some talking points, but we'll take good news anyway it comes.

We are going to beat the snot out of the rams
Ride or Die!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 2m #49ers OC Greg Roman on WR Jon Baldwin: "His role could expand pretty soon."
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch39s
#49ers Greg Roman said he expects TE Vernon Davis will be a game-time decision Thursday.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
skuta starting over Lemonair

Veteran Dan Skuta is expected to start at left outside linebacker in Smith's place with rookie Corey Lemonier entering in passing downs. At one point this season, the 49ers had excellent depth at the position. But they traded both Parys Haralson and Cam Johnson for seventh-round picks in the upcoming draft.Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/09/49ers-promote-cb-morris-to-active-roster-sign-pass-rusher-to-practice-squad.html#storylink=cpy
Share 49ersWebzone