LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kaepernick looked pissed at the end of last weeks game, I'm excited to see if he can transfer that anger to the rams and just f**k them up
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Kaepernick looked pissed at the end of last weeks game, I'm excited to see if he can transfer that anger to the rams and just f**k them up

I actually hope he's cooled down since Sunday. Maybe it'll take some heat off his short passes. I could tell he was getting frustrated. I think it's a little unfair to put the entire game on his shoulders at this point and abandon last season's winning recipe.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I actually hope he's cooled down since Sunday. Maybe it'll take some heat off his short passes. I could tell he was getting frustrated. I think it's a little unfair to put the entire game on his shoulders at this point and abandon last season's winning recipe.
a good running game is a quarterbacks best friend,, you would have thought the coaches figured that out after our one good drive last sunday. better get off to a good start thursday night. if not, the crowd gets into it, the coaches panic, gore sets on the bench and well you know what can happen from there
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
a good running game is a quarterbacks best friend,, you would have thought the coaches figured that out after our one good drive last sunday. better get off to a good start thursday night. if not, the crowd gets into it, the coaches panic, gore sets on the bench and well you know what can happen from there

Not only a running but maybe calling some screen passes might help but I think Roman is allergic to screen passes.
Originally posted by cciowa:

I really expected that the coaches were going to keep grinding that defense down with those big runs until they opened up some holes down field. I can't believe they resorted right back to passing and never looked back. I'm not typically that guy calling plays from the bar, but that was just beyond belief.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation 51s Interesting. Sounds like 49ers will get to wear their home reds in St. Louis
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I expect 1-3 to be honest. No confidence in this team until Harbaugh and Roman admit the pistol read-option does not give us the best chance to win anymore. We need to go back to the type of football that's proven to be successful for the last several decades.

I'm nearly 100% certain we will be 1 - 3. I'm in the 90's right now for betting on 1 - 3. We just won't win that game.

Then put money on the Rams take the 3.5.

In all seriousness, I got little faith in this current team winning on Thursday. A boatload of injuries and/or distractions on a short week, it doesn't look so good.

and the rams will be looking to right the ship after they got trucked as well. We're just lucky that Steven Jackson isn't there anymore and Daryl Richardson is averaging a paltry 3.3 YPA. However Bradford looks like he is rediscovering his skill set that made him a #1 pick.

Our only hope is that their OL gave up 6 sacks to the Cowboys but its not like we'll be able to rush with Skuta out there instead of Aldon.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Forkenick:
All I know for sure is that if we lose, the season will be pretty much done. Could we eventually win enough games to get a wildcard? Sure, but there is no way in hell that Kaepernick will be able to win against Seattle in their home stadium.

You are assuming that Seattle will be in the NFC Chanpionship game. Not convinced.

Who do you see that can beat them at home this year?

It takes more than home games.
I only see 3 potential losses on the road for them this year: Houston, Indy, and Atlanta. Those could just as easily be wins for them as well. Houston has a good defense but their offense will struggle against the Seahawks. Indy has a bad defense and won't be able to really handle Lynch which will open up the passing game for Wilson, Luck and his Wr core will struggle against the Seahawks secondary. Atlanta has a great passing offense but the Seahawks only lost by 2 points to them during the playoffs. With the 12th man that they have, they will not lose at home. I predict that they will be at least 13-3 to end the season which should give them homefield advantage through most ifn ot all of the playoffs.
All I know for sure is that if we lose, the season will be pretty much done. Could we eventually win enough games to get a wildcard? Sure, but there is no way in hell that Kaepernick will be able to win against Seattle in their home stadium.

You are assuming that Seattle will be in the NFC Chanpionship game. Not convinced.

I only see 3 potential losses on the road for them this year: Houston, Indy, and Atlanta. Those could just as easily be wins for them as well. Houston has a good defense but their offense will struggle against the Seahawks. Indy has a bad defense and won't be able to really handle Lynch which will open up the passing game for Wilson, Luck and his Wr core will struggle against the Seahawks secondary. Atlanta has a great passing offense but the Seahawks only lost by 2 points to them during the playoffs. With the 12th man that they have, they will not lose at home. I predict that they will be at least 13-3 to end the season which should give them homefield advantage through most ifn ot all of the playoffs.

I agree. All Seattle has to do is continue to play the same way...no major changes really. Also, more defensive players are supposed to return later in the season, so we have to assume it gets better.
It looks like a Seattle vs Denver SB. Of course, anything can happen, but currently, there is a high probability of this occurence.

Originally posted by 49ersking:

I agree. All Seattle has to do is continue to play the same way...no major changes really. Also, more defensive players are supposed to return later in the season, so we have to assume it gets better.
It looks like a Seattle vs Denver SB. Of course, anything can happen, but currently, there is a high probability of this occurence.

I don't agree that its gonna be smooth sailing for Seattle to the Superbowl. Seattle is a much different road team then they are at home. Look at week 1 vd Carolina. The offense struggled and if not for a Deangelo Williams fumble in the 4th qtr, Carlina would have won that game.Seattle also has a bunch of 10am games on the road and teams going east for 10am games have struggled. Seattle is a good team but I wouldn't get caught up in how they performed the last 2 games and crown the champions just yet. As for Denver, I think the lack of a running game is going to hurt them in the playoffs like it did last year.
Originally posted by susweel:
Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation 51s Interesting. Sounds like 49ers will get to wear their home reds in St. Louis

i read the rams are going all white, like the chargers did at home on mnf in week 1 vs houston
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I expect 1-3 to be honest. No confidence in this team until Harbaugh and Roman admit the pistol read-option does not give us the best chance to win anymore. We need to go back to the type of football that's proven to be successful for the last several decades.

I'm nearly 100% certain we will be 1 - 3. I'm in the 90's right now for betting on 1 - 3. We just won't win that game.

Then put money on the Rams take the 3.5.

In all seriousness, I got little faith in this current team winning on Thursday. A boatload of injuries and/or distractions on a short week, it doesn't look so good.

and the rams will be looking to right the ship after they got trucked as well. We're just lucky that Steven Jackson isn't there anymore and Daryl Richardson is averaging a paltry 3.3 YPA. However Bradford looks like he is rediscovering his skill set that made him a #1 pick.

Our only hope is that their OL gave up 6 sacks to the Cowboys but its not like we'll be able to rush with Skuta out there instead of Aldon.
lemonyeezy will step up. hes getting a shot to play and audition for OLB next year when the team probably lets brooks walk
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Who will they activate for Aldon and Willis on Thursday?
Share 49ersWebzone