LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We sure could use a win!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
1-3
Loss. We have no idea how to play anymore. Too many penalties, too many injuries, not able to run the ball, not able to pass the ball. We look horrible. I know someone will say we only played three games, but come on man, we have not done anything well after GB. Two games in a row embarrassment is going to be hard to overcome.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
Loss. We have no idea how to play anymore. Too many penalties, too many injuries, not able to run the ball, not able to pass the ball. We look horrible. I know someone will say we only played three games, but come on man, we have not done anything well after GB. Two games in a row embarrassment is going to be hard to overcome.

If we go out and lay another turd, then I'm with you, 9inermaniac. This game will tell us if we are back on track or like you say, we have no idea how to play anymore.
I watched a half of the Rams-Cowboy game, the Rams have no running attack. They have only 171 rushing yards through 3 games. Their runners are small, Richardson is 5'10" 206, Cunningham 5'10" 217 (he looked much smaller). Their receivers are are also on the small side. Dallas didn't have a 100 yard rusher in 17 games, Murray had 80 in the first quarter. This is a beatable team, and they're down. Punter Hekker tried a pass after the Rams first 3 and out series - incomplete. Most Bradford throws are underneath.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
1-3

f**k, guess I shouldn't watch
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

If we go out and lay another turd, then I'm with you, 9inermaniac. This game will tell us if we are back on track or like you say, we have no idea how to play anymore.

The problem is right now we are totally out of sync and our mental game is shattered. Plus, what happened to our smashmouth brand of football ? We are even being out-physicalled and that is why we have so many injuries.

Did you hear about what happened in the locker room after the Colts loss ? Everyone were just sitting there all dressed in front of their lockers, noone got changed, total silence, down, lost and couldn't understand why they got smoked (again). That sounds pretty bad to me.

On top of that, you add on the injuries which was already piling up and of course the Aldon incident, this team cannot be at a lower point.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

The problem is right now we are totally out of sync and our mental game is shattered. Plus, what happened to our smashmouth brand of football ? We are even being out-physicalled and that is why we have so many injuries.

Did you hear about what happened in the locker room after the Colts loss ? Everyone were just sitting there all dressed in front of their lockers, noone got changed, total silence, down, lost and couldn't understand why they got smoked (again). That sounds pretty bad to me.

On top of that, you add on the injuries which was already piling up and of course the Aldon incident, this team cannot be at a lower point.

Rascal, as quick as they lost it, they can get it back. Let's see what happens on Thursday.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

Rascal, as quick as they lost it, they can get it back. Let's see what happens on Thursday.

We could, provided if have the right game plan from Roman and Harbaugh which unfortunately is also in question. So, let's see what happens then.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
the sky is falling! the sky is falling!

jeez people, chill out

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by jrg:
the sky is falling! the sky is falling!

jeez people, chill out
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
The team's lowest point involved TDon at a time when it was accurately claimed that we would lose against any one of half a dozen college teams. Any comparison to that is simply inaccurate.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
The team's lowest point involved TDon at a time when it was accurately claimed that we would lose against any one of half a dozen college teams. Any comparison to that is simply inaccurate.

I think he's saying the lowest point in the Harbaugh era.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

I think he's saying the lowest point in the Harbaugh era.

Thank you, that was what I meant.
This game is a must win but I don't expect it to turn out well.. Short week on the road vs a team who clearly knows how to beat us. We will pick it up after Thursday IMO. 1-3, then MNF vs Texans we'll bounce back.. Our schedule is pretty easy from there. Titans, Jags, Cardinals, all should be wins.
Share 49ersWebzone