There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 4)

Since you brought it up, what would you do with the Niners "high" draft pick?

P.S. You may be right about 1-3. Then again, a lot of things (......besides the Seahawks and Broncos) in the NFL have gone haywire in the first three weeks. Maybe, diminished expectations may be what this team needs.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
so... Wilhoit will be guarding Jared Cook huh....hope Eric Reid hustles like Honey Badger here.


Could be Bowman or Reid instead.

Reid hopefully...but with crossing routes, its going to have to be a combination of things.. .. Bowman is fast, but Cook is like Vernon out there...actually he runs like T.O. in that gif. he just seems to cover alot of ground.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,388
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by cciowa:
if we get off to a bad start, like last year in minnesota, and get the fans going, it could get ugly for us in a hurry, we got outcoached by them twice last year and i am a bit puzzled as to why we are favored at all

Vegas doesn't overreact like Niner talk?

The spread opened at 3 1/2 and should see some Ram's money coming in to drop it lower. Vegas figures both teams have key injuries, but still views 49ers as the much better team. Numbers don't lie, but we'll see if Porn Stache has Harbaugh's number... or does Harbs wake up and remind everyone who Vegas (first) put up as the SB favorite (49ers) early in the year.
Bradford has thrown the ball a league high 141 times....he's been sacked 6 times....88.7 QB rating.....Cook and Givens seem to be the focus of their offense......their running game sux, so that's a plus for us.....we need to get to the QB and double team that TE....The Rams don't compare with the first 3 teams we played, but they will play like it's their Super Bowl with a national audience watching....
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,058
Good job.

Another thread complaining about the team, and next to nothing about the upcoming draft.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,338
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I expect 1-3 to be honest. No confidence in this team until Harbaugh and Roman admit the pistol read-option does not give us the best chance to win anymore. We need to go back to the type of football that's proven to be successful for the last several decades.

I'm nearly 100% certain we will be 1 - 3. I'm in the 90's right now for betting on 1 - 3. We just won't win that game.

Then put money on the Rams take the 3.5.

In all seriousness, I got little faith in this current team winning on Thursday. A boatload of injuries and/or distractions on a short week, it doesn't look so good.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 300
I have a bad feeling about this game. The team is too beat up, and playing without much fire in them.
Blood is in the water, and the sharks are closing in. Niners'd better show they still have some bite left, or the season can turn very ugly very fast.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,338
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Bradford has thrown the ball a league high 141 times....he's been sacked 6 times....88.7 QB rating.....Cook and Givens seem to be the focus of their offense......their running game sux, so that's a plus for us.....we need to get to the QB and double team that TE....The Rams don't compare with the first 3 teams we played, but they will play like it's their Super Bowl with a national audience watching....

For some strange reason, the 9ers seem to make struggling offenses or defenses look like All-Pro's when the opposing team struggles a week before...go figure. One game that comes to mind is last years game in Minnesota, where the 9ers defense made Christian Ponder look like a hall of fame QB. And after Sundays game, the 9ers should be worried about every team they face, even the Cards. Only way the 9ers can gain the respect back in the NFL is by blowing out the Rams.....good luck with that.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,084
Go, Niners, go!
If we run the ball for 65% of the snaps we should win this game easily. The Rams look terrible so far this year. They used to have a stout defense but for some reason they play pretty soft now and are getting torn up in both the pass and the run. Offensively, they are pathetic as well. This game should be a gimme. Unfortunately for us though, Kaepernick has yet to beat anyone in the NFC West aside from the Cardinals. Here's to hoping that he changes that stat this Thursday.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,517
Originally posted by Forkenick:
If we run the ball for 65% of the snaps we should win this game easily. The Rams look terrible so far this year. They used to have a stout defense but for some reason they play pretty soft now and are getting torn up in both the pass and the run. Offensively, they are pathetic as well. This game should be a gimme. Unfortunately for us though, Kaepernick has yet to beat anyone in the NFC West aside from the Cardinals. Here's to hoping that he changes that stat this Thursday

Everything you said about the Rams can be said about us.
To early to call it a must win??
Let's go back to what we used to do. Impose our will. Run it down their throats. Win the TOP and TO battle. This would help Kap settle down and regain his composure and keep our defense fresh and fired up.
Originally posted by Redeemer:
Let's go back to what we used to do. Impose our will. Run it down their throats. Win the TOP and TO battle. This would help Kap settle down and regain his composure and keep our defense fresh and fired up.

our defense will be fresh when it comes off the injured list...
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
To early to call it a must win??


If you don't want to win the division then is not a must-win.

But, if you don't beat a struggling Rams team, then who are you going to beat ? We still need to play a number of tough teams including the Texans, Saints, Falcons and the Seahawks again. If we lose those 4, that's a 10 and 6 season already.

But, in any case I think we will probably lose.

As for making it as a wildcard, we still have a chance.